test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zone Chat in PvP

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
I wonder about the reasoning why there is zone chat in the PvP areas (domination, GG) that spans across all available instances.
Any idea under which circumstances this might have a positive use?

I would rather have zone chat (or "instance chat") limited to the instance I am in. This would make communication in GG at least theoretically useful. Now if I read in zone chat "we need help on 3" in GG PvP it has as much meaning and additional information as "Umiatsiaasara pullattagaq nimerussanik ulikkaarpoq".
Anyone feeling like me?
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is not just PvP zones that are like that. It is every single map in the game. So every dungeon has zone chat across all instances of the dungeon.

I believe it started out as a bug in CO, which they turned into a feature since it is helpful in the zones and generally goes unnoticed in other maps.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the only chat i'm interested in while pvping is party chat. everything else is disabled.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes it is really bizarre. I didn't even realize it was like that for a while and some of the things I saw in zone left me puzzled to say the least. It can be fun to banter with your enemies sometimes. I hope there is a fix for this down the line.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    This doesn't really bother me. It can actually be pretty funny watching the rage in another instance.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    This doesn't really bother me. It can actually be pretty funny watching the rage in another instance.
    Yes, it can be fun to listen to the banters.

But it makes communication in GG PvP across parties totally and utterly useless.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

But it makes communication in GG PvP across parties totally and utterly useless.

Fair point. But even then, if you Delzouns and Luskans all talking across the same zone chat in the same instance that can be equally messy, no? Maybe GG needs a Delzoun and Luskan-only zone chat?

Then again, good communication won't save the Luskans from losing and bad communication doesn't stop the Delzouns from winning. :p
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Fair point. But even then, if the Delzouns and Luskans all talking across the same zone chat in the same instance that can be equally messy, no? Maybe GG needs a Delzoun and Luskan-only zone chat?

Then again, good communication won't save the Luskans from losing and bad communication doesn't stop the Delzouns from winning. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Maybe GG needs a Delzoun and Luskan-only zone chat?

Would help to automatically have a zone/side channel. But sooner hell will freeze over ...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fair point. But even then, if the Delzouns and Luskans all talking across the same zone chat in the same instance that can be equally messy, no? Maybe GG needs a Delzoun and Luskan-only zone chat?

if they could make /party chat include the other 15 participants on your GG team, that would be quite awesome.
  • Options
    johnnywad309johnnywad309 Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if they could make /party chat include the other 15 participants on your GG team, that would be quite awesome.

For Luskan, you must mean the other 10 players? Since 5+ players are always afk at the campfire, and usually 3-5 quit and never get replaced.
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i agree that for domination it should be only for your own battle instance in zone chat. As for GG i think a side chat would be better.

I actually ridiculed someone iin domination out of a misundertanding cause i thought he was in same battle and whining while they were totally winning by a large margin :s