test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please bring back the 1vs1 and Practice feature...

nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello, hello -

I'm not sure where to post but I kinda hope I can adress the Dev's here (yeee - naive lil' dude).

So what I wanted to point out is that you fixed the following issue with the last patch:
"The final PvP scoreboard can no longer be closed after a match is finished and get players stuck in the map."

Well - on the first look it seems like an issue but actually it was a very beloved feature for almost every player from the pvp community. Why? You were able to stay in an pvp area after a match. For what? For the following things:

- Doing fancy 1vs1; 2vs2
- Doing Practice
- Trying new things out

So - as you can see... that thing is not really an issue. Don't count it as a bug. It's a feature and it is a very good one. You are not able to do these things in Open World PVP (Companions; Area and so on). Of course you can try queueing up with 10 peeps but - yeee, you may will get the point.

So what I'm asking for is: Bring back the bug. Don't fix that issue. Keep it as a feature. We loved it.

kk. thx. bye.
The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree 100% but at this point we might as well start asking for a true practice area in Trade of Blades.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dismiss your familiars and go fight in the new pvp area...?
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »

Hm... I'm not sure but I've the feeling you didn't get the point. So... there is Open World PVP ("new pvp area"), Gaungtlegrym PVP ("the old new pvp area") and classic domination pvp. Aight? Ok... let's move on:

For some obvious reasons Open World and GG is a more about the fun - but normal Domination - 5vs5 - PVP is more about competition. And you've to train and practice for competition. Especially after huge changes like from mod3. Normally you were able to do this testing. And that is not possible anymore.

Why don't you practice in Open World PVP?
    - It's very hard to set up 1vs1's; The node is different; There are companionen bonuses and weird PvE rules messing up statistics.
    Why you don't practice in GG?
    - It's impossible to set up a 1vs1; The node is different;

Oh, and that has nothing to do with familiars - there's a Domination PVP mode and there are alot of people enjoying doing PMvsPM.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why don't they make the option to turn a party into a pvp match in certain areas, or challenge party option on unanimous vote. Of-course the glory reward would only happen in certain circumstances and once dead you can't effect with heal, attack or buff them till match is over. Maybe you would be teleported to an arena if not in the right area.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They don't have the ability to see what features benefit their game.

Not having any way to 1v1 presented in the game is okay. It lessens the amount of elitism. And, most people didn't know about it. Having said that, given the situation, it was very beneficial to those that used it. Whether it be for 1v1ing, practicing, or testing how abilities/damage work in a more controlled environment while not negatively impacting a game.

Want to test the new IBS or FS against a player in a controlled environment? Well now you have to ruin a PvP match for at least 8 other players.

This change is similar to when they created invisible walls in protector's enclave roofs because they both show the dev team is very detached from the community that plays their game.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would also like to see this "feature" returned. The open world pvp map is a hassle to utilize as a 1v1 arena. When you die, it's a long trek back from the campfire or flag and pvp next to the campfire -it's a long trek back to get flagged. Not to mention you must dump your companions so your stats are unaffected(as mentioned) and also hope that you are left alone.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    +1 to Julia.

Bring the stay after the game "feature" back.

Again.

Nobody has requested that you block duels and staying after the game to practice and analyze data. Nobody complained.

Why take it away?
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same from me. This "fix" is, in my opinion, the biggest flop of the whole Icewind Dale patch. You took away one of the PvP community's most beloved features! Please "unfix" it!
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    +1 to Julia.

Bring the stay after the game "feature" back.

Again.

Nobody has requested that you block duels and staying after the game to practice and analyze data. Nobody complained.

Why take it away?

So people actually go to open zone PVP. And when they get **** on by people who are BIS with companions they end up buying companion/zen so they can play at a equal standing.

See what Cryptic did there?

Leaderboard pretty much force competent player to run as 5 which means 95% of the player base in game are gonna suffer a 5-man stomped when they try to PVP. So they are forced to PVP in open zone.

No more 1 v 1 complain as: I am a CW i hate TR cause I get owned everytime. Therefore no more class balance issue complain. If you wanna 1 v 1 you need to do it in new zone.

• mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    So people actually go to open zone PVP. And when they get **** on by people who are BIS with companions they end up buying companion/zen so they can play at a equal standing.

Leaderboard pretty much force competent player to run as 5 which means 95% of the player base in game are gonna suffer a 5-man stomped when they try to PVP. So they are forced to PVP in open zone.

No more 1 v 1 complain as: I am a CW i hate TR cause I get owned everytime. Therefore no more class balance issue complain. If you wanna 1 v 1 you need to do it in new zone.

No..... Wtf are you talking about man?

Anyway, on topic:

I would like to see this returned as well however it will allow for stat padding which all the little puggies are trying to do right now anyway, by hiding around the corner, stealing a kill then running away. This would make it much much worse.

So I think they just need to bite the bullet take the 20 or so minutes it would take to put in an arena and be done with it.

This was one of the VERY FEW things PvPers actually wanted, not tenacity, not this open world smash the pug <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (don't get me wrong.. TONS of fun, but very very unnecessary). Just this, a new PvP map or two and some minor class balancing issues addressed.

LISTEN TO US CRYPTIC!! It will save you a ton of work...
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Interesting line of thought :)
  • tempopktempopk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd like this feature back too, With us not being able to switch instances in the new zone as well as companions being there we cannot practice / try out new people / 1v1 and test builds against one another without this feature of staying after a game, i wouldn't class it as being stuck, all we had to do was press the leave button again, i really miss this feature already :(
    - [Tempzy]
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    Same from me. This "fix" is, in my opinion, the biggest flop of the whole Icewind Dale patch. You took away one of the PvP community's most beloved features! Please "unfix" it!

also lets fix the leaderboards pl0x :rolleyes:
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    I can tell you from my own miserable experience that 1v1 in open PvP sucks.

Two befriended players had chosen different sides for the conflict in Icewind Dale (so I reckon). I did not know this ... So when I came along and saw these two players fighting did I join in to assist my fellow team player. Only did he then stop fighting and moved into distance. I was mad, thinking what lousy scum dodges out of a fight?! After thinking about it did I realize they must have tried to do a 1v1 and by choosing different sides. I have no better explanation for it.

In short, doing 1v1 in open PvP is bad for anyone who wants to experience team play in an open world. Better give players a dedicated area where they can challenge each other in a duel and so the rest of us does not get mad for running into a 1v1 without knowing.
    Stay frosty.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PLEASE BRING BACK STAYING AFTER MATCH.... i dont want to get a **** injury every time i want to practice on my cw
    Don't waste my time.
  • inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    I agree 100% but at this point we might as well start asking for a true practice area in Trade of Blades.

I think this would be the best idea a specific practice area.
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the reason they did this is because sadly people were complaining about being killed while looking at their leader boards at the end of the PVP match. Rotten kids ruin everything.
  • xxcage1xxcage1 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2014
    they should allow us to do 1v1s or add a duel option
  • berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes please give us this back so we can stay in the match after its over to practise 1v1.

You advertised that we could do 1v1s in mod3 and open world.

But i cant exactly do that when its an open world. You cant chose your opponents, which you also advertised we would be able to do ( have fun within the guild, against other guild etc ) , but its impossible to get in the same instance as people to want to practise against.

The stay in after the match feature was perfect and no one was complaining about them beeing "stuck" in pvp after the match was over. T

Give this feature back or give us /duel so we can do 1v1s.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    I think the reason they did this is because sadly people were complaining about being killed while looking at their leader boards at the end of the PVP match. Rotten kids ruin everything.

Yes. It was not intended and caused a fair amount of greifing. I would like to have custom matches like STO does, but it would still take some time to port that feature over.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't know what STO does, but the PVP community really needs come sort of challenging/training system where they can pick and fight each other. These matches could be anything form 1v1 to 5v5, but shouldn't net rewards to prevent exploiting.

Next step would be to exclude premades from the normal PVP queue and we would actually have a decent PVP system.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Yes. It was not intended and caused a fair amount of greifing. I would like to have custom matches like STO does, but it would still take some time to port that feature over.

yes, custom matches would definitely provide some attractive features for pvpers. thanks for the clarification, panderus!
    edited May 2014

I honestly cannot believe this. It never happened to me on almost 3-4 hours of PvP/day since Beta closed. There are so many griefing instances left unchecked, the biggest offender being:

PREMADES VS PUGS

You "fixed" an extremely minor occurrence at best.

Which we PvPers used to practice and duel.

Please reconsider.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Is it the same arena as in CO? We desperately need it in NW. Another user has mentioned the dev who is responsible for said arena(s) is currently working on STO.... Get that man and hire him for NW, then implementing the arena(s) is going to be a piece of cake and would only take a couple of days.

---

This game needs a 1on1 option. 5on5, 10on10 20on20 etc. may be fun for 2-3 days but... i mean we have literally no real pvp to this day, all we can do is gank other people in groups or get ganked by a group.
    10 years ago, anything other than a 1on1 fight was considered nonsense and cowardish. In every game that i have played the best pvpers always prefered to hold 1on1 matches and only the ones considered "weak" enjoyed being carried by their groups.

• adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2014

im sorry but most people left after the first 5 seconds of the scoreboard being up. so it was nearly impossible to kill someone after the game. and even though it was not intended it was the best feature of pvp by far. PLEASE if you really care about the game return this feature to us. it was amazing and every hardcore pvp'er loved it
    Don't waste my time.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    im sorry but most people left after the first 5 seconds of the scoreboard being up. so it was nearly impossible to kill someone after the game. and even though it was not intended it was the best feature of pvp by far. PLEASE if you really care about the game return this feature to us. it was amazing and every hardcore pvp'er loved it

the "feature" was an unintended exploit as was stated by panderus. they won't simply "unfix" this, although this would be the second time he's mentioned adding a custom match option.

if you'd like to discuss the creation of a new feature, please create a new thread to do so. asking the devs to re-introduce an unintended exploit is unproductive.
This discussion has been closed.