test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 5/15 7 AM PDT (Pacific)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

In an effort to continue to resolve outstanding issues with the launch of Module 3, we'll be performing maintenance tomorrow at 5/15 at 7am PDT (Pacific). The estimated downtime is 2 hours but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch notes can be found here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5004073-release-notes%3A-5%2F15%2F14

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:01 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch notes have been added.
Update 2 (7:50 AM PDT) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same expected downtime.
Update 3 (8:10 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Update 4 (8:16 AM DPT) Closing thread. If you have any issues with the patch please discuss it on the patch forum here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?666531-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140415a-20&p=7915241#post7915241
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here's hoping the fixes include the red text in the Gateway issue...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Here's hoping the fixes include the red text in the Gateway issue...

true it is somewhat weird to have error warnings (like inventory full ones) in yellow but completion messages in red lol

and am i stupid to still hope for a free respec token because of changes to gwf and hr classes? lol
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i hope you give us the respec token
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i loved doing CN without having to do the dungeon really helped on the rough AD farm wish you guess didnt fix it
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    no i agree we need a repsec with he price too high
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Man it's about time, i can't even go with my toon to Icewind Dale and Customer Support is no use at all, all i got is an automated answer, with no soultion and in the answer there is, i should go and check out Module 3: Icewind Dale.

Boy i had such an ironic laugh!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    cassiegirl0129cassiegirl0129 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lag!!! Please get them to fix the lag.. It's ridiculous!!!!!.
    It's causing all of us to die constantly!!!!!
  • Options
    dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lag!!! Please get them to fix the lag.. It's ridiculous!!!!!.
    It's causing all of us to die constantly!!!!!

I don't have lag , for a lonely HR its very hard in icewind dale
  • Options
    dragonclawdwdragonclawdw Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hi all,
    sry if im being stupid, but i just started downloading neverwinter yesterday night, and since my internet speed is super low ( about 50 kbps) even in the morning the download was not complete. then there was the patching thing mentioned above. will it u know interrupt my download? cn i pause it or smthng?
    pls reply fast,
    cuz i cant wait to play it.
    and its only 2 am in pdt.
    tnx all
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok. but i never completed downloading the game. i just downloaded it to about 4 gb.
    if i had PATCHED 4 gb, then sry
    tnx
  • Options
    isoplethisopleth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Could you put the old faces back in there too real quick, please? Thanks! x)
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hi all,
    sry if im being stupid, but i just started downloading neverwinter yesterday night, and since my internet speed is super low ( about 50 kbps) even in the morning the download was not complete. then there was the patching thing mentioned above. will it u know interrupt my download? cn i pause it or smthng?
    pls reply fast,
    cuz i cant wait to play it.
    and its only 2 am in pdt.
    tnx all

If you close the download it will just resume at where it stopped, but it shouldn't interrupt your download. You might have to download some again after the maintenance though for the new patch.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tnx midnightfang.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fixing stuff 24 hours after reporting? Excellent! Good on you folks.
  • Options
    nigelcr217nigelcr217 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now, all we want after this is a free respec, as active HR it's quite annoying I can't change paths.
  • Options
    finisr3finisr3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    how long will this take? Just wondering!
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    finisr3 wrote: »
    how long will this take? Just wondering!

Well.......
    In an effort to continue to resolve outstanding issues with the launch of Module 3, we'll be performing maintenance tomorrow at 5/15 at 7am PDT (Pacific). The estimated downtime is 2 hours but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.
  • Options
    finisr3finisr3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well.......
    thanks not sure why i didnt catch that in the first place! lol
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    even the patch notes link is down.
  • Options
    silent7thsilent7th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Will the lag be fixed too? I cant even walk forward half the time. Yesterday it took me ten minutes to walk down a hill that should have taken only a few seconds and then when I engaged a heroic encounter with a few other people, I started getting tugged to the left in circles around the encounter and then dragged back up the hill and out of encounter range. Its frustrating because i want to do my quests but I cant even get to the quest areas let alone actually kill something once I'm there.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm having almost no lag, except in large encounters, and I have a crappy computer.

Everyone's graphics settings were reset to the default after the patch; you might need to fiddle with the settings to make the game playable. Usual suspects are anti-aliasing, particle/debris, bloom, shadows.

Check in technical forum for help on a good graphics setup for your rig.
  • Options
    castaspelacastaspela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't have lag , for a lonely HR its very hard in icewind dale
    There is a big lagg in icewind pass, I tested that consume 1 megabyte per second, my internet is slow but all other regions inclusive valley works well
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Only place I have a graphic issue is when there are 20+ toons on one HE...causes your clip plane to go down to next to nothing. I spend more time trying to re-find the targets etc. Annoying as hell, however even the Devs had this issue on preview in Play with the Devs. Otherwise I have no lag. Only thing I changed under the graphics tab change Physics Debris from 300 to 0.
  • Options
    silent7thsilent7th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My graphics are still set to the same as they've always been and they dont explain why the server keeps dropping out for me. Having issues with the graphics would have very different results than what I'm experiencing. I'm losing connection with the game (at the worst lag times I'd get the 'server connection lost' count for minutes at a time). At first I thought it was my modem acting up but I went through and checked that and its all running normally. Plus as castaspela said its not uniform across the different maps.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I've not experienced any lag or graphics issues at all in Icewind Dale, or anywhere in Neverwinter for that matter since Mod 3. And then when I did prior, it was only in PE near the courier. Was in some large encounters early this morning, game was running fluidly the whole time. Most of my settings are maxed, 2.5ghz dual core, 4gig ram, 2gig video ram, ATI HD 7770 - my system isn't that great but it runs Neverwinter like a dream. Bloom, Post Processing, and Shadows are the only things I have disabled.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have not seen any graphics issues either...maybe this is specific to some specific adapter or graphics driver ?
    Hoping for improvements...
This discussion has been closed.