test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Respec?

lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I thought GWFs and HRs were getting a free respec with MOD3 due to the massive changes.
Post edited by lococatt91 on

Comments

• Options
    neodin91neodin91 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello everyone and welcome to another post of the same subject. We are here to talk, discuss and share our opinion about this issue. I know that there are a few posts regarding this but I wanted to make a new one since the other ones where just complains. Here we must state a point and share our opinion respectfully. Here comes mine.
    There is people who claim that we have the right to get a RT and there is people who claim that this is a f2p game and we have no right to complain about it since its the money from the zen store buyers what mantains the game. I dont think that we have the right to get a RT, of course this is up to the devs. But lets analize the bussiness that they have here:
    This, as a f2p game, is suposed to have players who wont pay, players who will pay sometimes and players who will spend a lot of money in it. The good thing about having f2p players is that those players will bring other friends to play, and those friends may spend money, so the game is suposed to have a big playerbase with payers and non-payers in it, but EVERYONE contributes to the bussiness, either they are payers or not. So, that said, would we nice that every class that has suffered major changes gets a RT since we, most of non payers, cant afford to buy a RT. Now, yes, we dont need to buy it since we can spend AD to get ZEN, but lets be reasonable, the AD-ZEN or AD-Get items thing is already A LOT of grind and for many players, like me, sometimes quite boring, because you either farm daily quests or you wait for months to be able to purchase something with AD that will help you once you are lvl 60. I know that you can also invest in the AH and if you are good enough youll get AD, but tbh, that requires some time too, and you need a DECENT amount of AD to start having any relevant income. Its nice that we can buy ZEN by AD, I like that a lot, even tho you have to GRIND, many other games doesnt even give you the opportunity to get your hands into the cash shop if you dont pay, so thats very nice BUT we, players who decide to grind that much or have the patience, mostly dont pay because we cant, who wouldnt spend 5 or 10 dollars/euros to avoid weeks of grind? So, that said, since we, dont payers, also contribute to the game by creating a community and bringing new people to it, would be nice if we can get a free RT because we already have a lot to grind and is not so much to ask for.
    Thanks for reading, sorry for my english if something's wrong and Im looking forward to see what you guys think, even moderators or devs.
  • Options
    greenarrowczegreenarrowcze Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yea.. At least tell us why we didn't get tokens..
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The primary complaint is that all existing characters received a free retraining token when the second paragon path was released, to allow them to take advantage of that if they chose to, since they'd had no choice previously.

HRs went live with a single paragon path as well, but have not received the same courtesy now that they have two paragons to choose from.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    neodin91 wrote: »
    Hello everyone and welcome to another post of the same subject. We are here to talk, discuss and share our opinion about this issue. I know that there are a few posts regarding this but I wanted to make a new one since the other ones where just complains. Here we must estate a point and share our opinion respectfully. Here comes mine.
    There is people who claim that we have the right to get a RT and there is people who claim that this is a f2p game and we have no right to complain about it since its the money from the zen store buyers what mantains the game. I dont think that we have the right to get a RT, of course this is up to the devs. But lets analize the bussiness that they have here:
    This, as a f2p game, is suposed to have players who wont pay, players who will pay sometimes and players who will spend a lot of money in it. The good thing about having f2p players is that those players will bring other friends to play, and those friends may spend money, so the game is suposed to have a big playerbase with payers and non-payers in it, but EVERYONE contributes to the bussiness, either they are payers or not. So, that said, would we nice that every class that has suffered major changes gets a RT since we, most of non payers, cant afford to buy a RT. Now, yes, we dont need to buy it since we can spend AD to get ZEN, but lets be reasonable, the AD-ZEN or AD-Get items thing is already A LOT of grind and for many players, like me, sometimes quite boring, because you either farm daily quests or you wait for months to be able to purchase something with AD that will help you once you are lvl 60. I know that you can also invest in the AH and if you are good enough youll get AD, but tbh, that requires some time too, and you need a DECENT amount of AD to start having any relevant income. Its nice that we can buy ZEN by AD, I like that a lot, even thou you have to GRIND, many other games doesnt even give you the opportunity to get your hands into the cash shop if you dont pay, so thats very nice BUT we, players who decide to grind that much or have the patience, mostly dont pay because we cant, who wouldnt spend 5 or 10 dollars/euros to avoid weeks of grind? So, that said, since we, dont payers, also contribute to the game by creating a community and bringing new people to it, would be nice if we can get a free RT because we already have a lot to grind and is not so much to ask for.
    Thanks for reading, sorry for my english if something's wrong and Im looking forward to see what you guys think, even moderators or devs.

I agree with you on 100%
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The primary complaint is that all existing characters received a free retraining token when the second paragon path was released, to allow them to take advantage of that if they chose to, since they'd had no choice previously.

HRs went live with a single paragon path as well, but have not received the same courtesy now that they have two paragons to choose from.

Yeah that's what bugs me.. At least they should tell us why :confused:
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From the first time I played in late October 2013, Ive been saying retraining tokens should not be a cash purchase option, I dont care about the rest of it, but I cannot think of another game that made this a option in this manner.

All this does is block people into keeping one set up all the time, regardless of the situation and limiting the powers specced and used, instead of giving options to the playerbase. There is so much time and work put into them and yet most poeple run the same 3-4 encounters and the same 2 at wills for each class, instead of being able to just retrain and pick a different tree to run.

I dont like it, it shouldnt be in the game this way.
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2014
    The free respec was just speculation. It didn't happen so save up some AD and buy one if you think you need it. They really aren't that expensive... You can test things out on the preview server where you can respec to your hearts content.
  • Options
    kkmcoodleskkmcoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zdaddyo wrote: »
    The free respec was just speculation. It didn't happen so save up some AD and buy one if you think you need it. They really aren't that expensive... You can test things out on the preview server where you can respec to your hearts content.

And what if you multiple characters affected by the massive changes... then it does become quite expensive...
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Currently, if I'm not wrong, it is possible to obtain a retraining token along with some other stuff for $5 via getting the First Time Buyer's Pack.

There is a bug for the time being with not getting the pack but it seems it's known to the developers already.

I know it's not free but it will still be cheaper than if you buy the token itself, assuming you are not going to save up AD and buy off the market.
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Seems like a cheap trick to squeeze some money from players. If this works i expect class changes more often :p
  • Options
    monkeysenseimonkeysensei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yelling at PW for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you over is like yelling at grass for being green.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing this is just a oversight on the developers part although some kind of update from a developer would be nice .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    monkeysenseimonkeysensei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oversight implies that these kinds of 'oops' don't happen all the time.
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited May 2014
    Currently, if I'm not wrong, it is possible to obtain a retraining token along with some other stuff for $5 via getting the First Time Buyer's Pack.

There is a bug for the time being with not getting the pack but it seems it's known to the developers already.

I know it's not free but it will still be cheaper than if you buy the token itself, assuming you are not going to save up AD and buy off the market.
    Yeah 5 american dollars, because dollar its the coin we all use in all over the world and of course in every single part of the world the exchange is 1US = 1 x(local coin), and i being sarcastic about this, i got to pay 30$ (local currency) to get your awesome 5 US$, and we are missing the point here, as someone says here, what if the changes affect a lot of your characters...
    This is supossed to be a free game, and dont come to me with "You can still get zen with astral diamonds so is still free" because thas totally wrong, unless you think that my time is not worth anything by the way, and i remember how they give away free coins in many other lesser complicated and changing situations so, why not this time...?
    PD: Im forgetting the plus IVA we have to pay in other country's in addition to the the unfavorable exchange currency
    This is simply wrong, you can defend your thoughts all you want and this will still being wrong...
    Anyway its not the first time that "Buggers & Glitchers Neverworking Shadowmantle" pissed off the people with their actions
  • Options
    relenafeyrelenafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I honestly find it completely disgusting and an act of contempt towards the player base as a whole and especially towards hunter ranger and great weapon fighter characters that a free respec was not given out for this update. Not only was the power stat reworked in a way, but hunter ranger got a huge change to several skills and a new paragon path to boot and great weapon fighters had their feats changed around fairly significantly.

Cryptic has given free respecs when the other classes recieved new paragon paths and only a few changes here and there to skills. So why should we have to pay a single cent for it when this time the changes are a lot more drastic.

I can only hope that this lack of a respec was just an oversight by them, but if it was a concious decision on Cryptics part, this is not the way to encourage players to stay and spend money on the game if this shows how we will be treated down the line with future updates and changes to the game.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    yes yes, of course they forget to give GWF and HR free respec tokens, but only when zen is at 450-500 each, how coincidental...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We should get respec tokens on at least HRs given a new paragon path. This is more than an oversight, its a big screw you, go buy a token and give us your money statement.

That and coupled with the enormous lag fests and bugs, I say gee, thanks cryptic!
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i agree with everyone that a retraining token was needed and i do hope we'll get to hear about whether or not it was intentionnal
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    neodin91 wrote: »
    Hello everyone and welcome to another post of the same subject. We are here to talk, discuss and share our opinion about this issue. I know that there are a few posts regarding this but I wanted to make a new one since the other ones where just complains. Here we must state a point and share our opinion respectfully. Here comes mine.
    This, as a f2p game, is suposed to have players who wont pay, players who will pay sometimes and players who will spend a lot of money in it. The good thing about having f2p players is that those players will bring other friends to play, and those friends may spend money, so the game is suposed to have a big playerbase with payers and non-payers in it, but EVERYONE contributes to the bussiness, either they are payers or not. So, that said, would we nice that every class that has suffered major changes gets a RT since we, most of non payers, cant afford to buy a RT. Now, yes, we dont need to buy it since we can spend AD to get ZEN, but lets be reasonable, the AD-ZEN or AD-Get items thing is already A LOT of grind and for many players, like me, sometimes quite boring, because you either farm daily quests or you wait for months to be able to purchase something with AD that will help you once you are lvl 60. I know that you can also invest in the AH and if you are good enough youll get AD, but tbh, that requires some time too, and you need a DECENT amount of AD to start having any relevant income. Its nice that we can buy ZEN by AD, I like that a lot, even tho you have to GRIND, many other games doesnt even give you the opportunity to get your hands into the cash shop if you dont pay, so thats very nice BUT we, players who decide to grind that much or have the patience, mostly dont pay because we cant, who wouldnt spend 5 or 10 dollars/euros to avoid weeks of grind? So, that said, since we, dont payers, also contribute to the game by creating a community and bringing new people to it, would be nice if we can get a free RT because we already have a lot to grind and is not so much to ask for.

i think it has all pretty much been said. 100% with you guys
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm surprised no official info about this has been released yet ,maybe they have decided that no free respecs are going to be given out lol , seems odd though considering GWF changes and the entire new HR paragon path but whatever xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The irony here layers on top of itself.

Neverwinter players generally prefer damage roles over other roles.

Pathfinder is not a primary damage role.

Yet somehow you must buy zen in order to play a pathfinder.

Ergo it seems unlikely there are going to be a whole lot of Pathfinders in the near future.

Way to nickle and dime a whole paragon path into virtual nonexistence Cryptic. Not like HR's are in high demand anyway. Are we to believe that the new path is so awesome it must be paid for? I tested the paragon on Preview for a week, and I can tell you that it is not. It's fun, certainly, but it doesn't overshadow anything or even significantly alter the gameplay of the class.

There are going to be a whole lot of people that are really angry about this one for a whole lot of reasons. Maybe now we HR know our place; specifically the back of the bus.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised no official info about this has been released yet ,maybe they have decided that no free respecs are going to be given out lol , seems odd though considering GWF changes and the entire new HR paragon path but whatever xD

Watch the next weekly sale include a retraining token.....

Then after that we'll get a Zen slap to the face purchase for free.
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    If the TR got a free respect, I think it's not fair that the HR does not get one.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I am enjoying IWD but ya, a lot of people are getting screwed. I can understand completely changing everything about a class to force people to buy respec tokens, but only when it is something that happens consistently, through all previous updates and across all classes. This is basically a "we do not care about you, the time or money you have already invested in our service, so you can pay even more to fix what we broke about your characters or you can go screw yourselves because we are really only trying to milk this for every penny we can so go bugger off".

After the damage is done and Neverwinter gets yet another black eye at what should be a moment of triumph, I am sure people will get their free respecs. Just because that is about the dumbest thing that could happen. So count on it.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not particulary affected by this, since I'm not interested in respec, but I find pretty frustrating for those who were affected by the massive changes and considering that there were free Tokens in the past for the same kind of stuff... they should at least explain something...
  • Options
    larsalexander123larsalexander123 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yea. We should get a free respec and also, there's no listings on buying Zen now.
  • Options
    fcc2zero99fcc2zero99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I want my respect token!!!
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Like some, I have no interest in respeccing my HR. Oddly enough, she was rolled just as a filler toon, a mule, so-to-speak. But I got to playing her and found I enjoyed it.
    Other classes that have had paragon paths added have received the Free Respec. Hunter Rangers have not. There are some other threads about logging in and out to get the respec to appear, no dice on my end with that.
    The good news is that I have had my quest to change between melee and ranged restarted on all of my characters, just not on the actual character that can change between melee and ranged!
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    neodin91neodin91 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Watch the next weekly sale include a retraining token.....

Then after that we'll get a Zen slap to the face purchase for free.

Thats pretty much what I think that is gonna happen, didnt want to say it but... yeah, probably. Still, Im a bit worried since I dont wanna have to farm even more AD :I
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    F2P as long as u should pay me 5$ for each class change i make, and i;ll make one every 2-3 months. Nice business model, one should think that what happen with Swtor will teach them about this kind of thing !! I rly suggest you guys start reading some decision making books cause atm your are failing with glory <=Feedback