test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Time Buyer's Pack

klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
This is just a friendly warning of a possible bug with this item.

I spent $10 on ZEN (post-module 3) and I neither received the in-game mail with the item nor was I able to claim it from the ZEN stall.

There were a few others on the Zone chat with the same issue as far as I know.

So, if you are planning to buy ZEN solely for the pack, be wary of this bug.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A glitch that they are working on fixing. It SHOULD be retroactive if you ever purchased zen before, even pre-mod3.
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    A glitch that they are working on fixing. It SHOULD be retroactive if you ever purchased zen before, even pre-mod3.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It turns out there's already another thread on this.

According to the developer's the ZEN purchase will only be considered if it was made post-mod 3 so it's not retrospective.
    dwightmc wrote: »
    From this point forward, if you transfer at least 500 Zen you will receive the pack whether or not it is your first time transferring Zen. Its not retroactive meaning you wont get it for having transferred zen in the past. Hope this clears things up.
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I also just bought some zen, but not getting the pack :( I hope they will fix this soon :)
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    According to the developer's the ZEN purchase will only be considered if it was made post-mod 3 so it's not retrospective.

Retrospective?
  • jane111111111jane111111111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Link for the info on the FREE gift is here

"To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox."

Mail can be expected to arrive around 72 Hour's *from purchase* which means only new purchases not past ones or the steam wallet ones as they said....

I only called it bugged as so many keep calling it such. I made this post to quick link to chat to get them to stop spamming chats about it.
    freezenjunkbugged.png
    Why is no one ever happy? We had an expansion to our FREE game & NO server crash insanity. Thank you NW crew. Good day. :)

- Jane

Link for the post with the NW admin stating they know of this issue as of 5/13/14 about 9 am PST with info is here

Administrator
    Known Issues with Module 3
    Hi all,

This thread will remain open and will be updated with any known issues in regards to the release of Module 3. Please refer here for any updates and resolutions to issues.

Known Issues:

First Time Buyers Pack Bundle - The free bundle that includes: War Dog comapnion, Embroidered Bag of Holding, Personal Greater Stone of Health, 5x Preservation Ward, Change Appearance and Respec token, is not properly delivering to players.

For any player that transfers 500 Zen to Neverwinter (excluding Steam transactions), the pack will be delivered within 72 hours of the first purchase. We are currently working on a resolution to the automated solution, and will provide updates when we have a fix.

Foundry Map Issues - We are currently aware that some players are having issues zoning into Foundry maps. We are looking into this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Until then, we've had to disable playing Foundry missions.

"Interaction Failed: Another Player Has Exhausted This Node" Message - We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it. If you have any more information about it, please PM Akromatik with details.
    Last edited by akromatik; Today at 01:05 PM."
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone,

I'm afraid this actually isn't a bug.

Like DwightMC posted, packs will be delivered within 72 hours of the Zen transfer to Neverwinter. So sit tight and enjoy Module 3! :D
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm afraid this actually isn't a bug.

Like DwightMC posted, packs will be delivered within 72 hours of the Zen transfer to Neverwinter. So sit tight and enjoy Module 3! :D

Actually, the good news is that it isn't a bug. =)
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To be absolutely clear, it's 500 Zen transfered (not spent) and only if it's post module 3 that counts?
  • kargoolkargool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, it is apperantly also if you have used zen before.
  • fdruid76fdruid76 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't see where you get that this is retroactive. From the text what I understand is that it's for the people who buy zen for the first time starting now with the promotion (or it doesn't even explain when).
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So the first time buyer's pack is *not* retroactive. However, if you purchase and transfer at least 500 Zen into your account from now on, you *can* reclaim the pack. This can be done whether or not you have purchased Zen in the past. Also, this can only be done once per account. My apologies for the the confusion/distress I may have caused, I was misinformed.

Well, it is not retroactive.
  • toonrockstartoonrockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, I purchased Zen online, (not through Steam) while I was logged into NWO. The Zen automatically transferred, so when I went to my wallet to make the transfer, it was already empty. (Zen did show up in game.) Do I still qualify?
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does it matter how it's purchased? IE game cards
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    So, I purchased Zen online, (not through Steam) while I was logged into NWO. The Zen automatically transferred, so when I went to my wallet to make the transfer, it was already empty. (Zen did show up in game.) Do I still qualify?

Yeah you should definitely qualify since you can't make the purchase in-game without selecting a server to transfer the zen to.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Does it work even if we buy zen from the exchange?
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fakatik wrote: »
    Does it work even if we buy zen from the exchange?

no, the offer specifies the transferring of zen into neverwinter. zen through the exchange is already in neverwinter.
  • chmmr213chmmr213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27
    edited May 2014
    I wonder why excluding Steam Transactions..? I did not see "excluding Steam transactions" anywhere in the store before my Zen transfer using steam transaction, and that would be very bad form IMHO. I wouldn't have done it if I had known about the steam transfer clause.
  • chmmr213chmmr213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27
    edited May 2014
    The game just came back up early it looks like and after logging in and jumping back into the zen store it certainly does not say this excluding steam transaction clause anywhere... Might I have any further confirmation please.
    edited May 2014
    When zen goes on sale I make sure I have a modest supply ready for transfer into neverwinter, for these promotional things.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Closing this now as we have a sticky announcement about this;
    [h=3]Sticky: Known Issues with Module 3[/h]
This discussion has been closed.