test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will everyone get a free Respec in module 3 ?

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
As title asks. Any info?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure GWFs will get a free (forced?) respec since several feats will be shifted around (some were pushed deeper so to become harder to get, IIRC).

Rangers are getting a new path, thus they will probably get a free respec.

Other classes, I don't think so... there was a post where admins/devs stated that they will only give free respecs in case of major changes to a class (i.e. a new path), but I can't find it now...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GWF feats are getting reworked but not moved as they were in Mod2. It seems likely they'll get a free respec but a forced feat respec like last time seems unlikely. (unless it's a change this week, feats aren't getting moved. Lower tier ones are getting nerfed and higher tier buffed to make it harder to take the best stuff from two paths.)

HR getting a new paragon path should mean a free respec. That was the justification why every class got one in Mod2. Even the GWF and DC who had forced respecs still got the token. It would be nice if everyone got a respec, but none of the past reasons are applicable this time around.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    HRs most likely will get a free respec since all other classes got a free respec when second paragon paths were available. i haven't looked too deeply into the class balance changes made for the GWF, but if the changes are enough to warrant reworking of play styles, then i can imagine they will get a free respec as well.

don't forget if you already have a free respec on your individual characters, these do not stack.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope they don't give us FORCED re-spec (For classes that don't have major changes obviously).
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope they don't give us FORCED re-spec (For classes that don't have major changes obviously).

the only time that happened was in the last module where feats were re-arranged for some classes. i haven't seen any reason why this will happen this time around.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully the classes get free respecs, some of them have minor changes such as their feats' effectiveness changed and some changes warrant players to change their choices.
  • Options
    frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    HRs and GWFs are probably going to get one with mod 3.
    TRs and CWs are probably going to get one later when stealth is changed and CW damage is nerfed.
    GFs and DCs... maybe they'll get looked at after that. Maybe.
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Why would this be so bad?
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Because one day you log and and you can't play until you research and respec.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just answered the question that was asked. I'm not going to justify it too.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Any word on Respecs yet?

Also, if you gain power points in post 60 advancement, do you keep those points if you respec?

Thanks

Yes you do.
  • Options
    frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Any word on Respecs yet?
    Apparently nobody gets one.
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frznvimes wrote: »
    Apparently nobody gets one.

still hoping it was just a mistake/bug and we'll get one in the near future :(
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Both Sharandar and Dread Ring campaigns' tier 1 boons let players choose between Power and other stats. Since Power has been reworked, players now may prefer it over the other stats. Hopefully they will let us respec.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really want this free respec on my HR and GWF because cryptic really messed with my builds
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lol nope, infact so many people need respecs that the zen market went completely dry because people bought it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    lol nope, infact so many people need respecs that the zen market went completely dry because people bought it all.

Hopefully this is sarcasm because you have no idea how wrong you are
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    So that is a no. There are one or two feats that I no longer want because they were changed and on or two others I'd like to look at because they were changed.

Bit of a dirty move changing things and not offering a free respec.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.