test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preview: Hunter Ranger New Paragon Path

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
Check out our preview blog of #Neverwinter's new Hunter Ranger Paragon Path: Pathfinder!

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002303-preview%3A-hunter-ranger-paragon-path

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    Do we get free respec?
  • Options
    idobermannidobermann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do all Hunter Rangers get a free Respec Token, like the past paragon change ?
  • Options
    despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2014
    Do rangers get free respec ?
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would assume/hope so as they had done it with the others. My HR is level 60 and I would hate to have to start all over. I have spent more than my fair share of RL money on the guy. *Prays there is a free respec*
  • Options
    sufferagentsufferagent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah i really hope for a respec token as hr is my main alt.
    Btw, forest meditation daily doesn't add deflect at rank3...please fix :)
    thank you
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    based on past precedence, i would say it's a high probability that HRs will get a free respec token in mod 3.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It says: Pathfinder, I've accepted the burden of the stormwardens xD?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm surprised no-ones asked whether we'll get a free respec token yet :O
  • Options
    dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I cant wait for the new module another 8 days to go SIGH lol
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm not interested in this module at all since i play with hr.
    Sometimes parties for epic dungeons kick you simply because you are a hr, they ofc prefer cw and gwd as dps...
    And now you nerf split shot by 45% (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635631-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140314a-5) - ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    This makes hr unplayable in pve, this is a farewell guys unless you reconsider these changes (not to mention the pathfinder...)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not interested in this module at all since i play with hr.
    Sometimes parties for epic dungeons kick you simply because you are a hr, they ofc prefer cw and gwd as dps...
    And now you nerf split shot by 45% (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635631-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140314a-5) - ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    This makes hr unplayable in pve, this is a farewell guys unless you reconsider these changes (not to mention the pathfinder...)

the information you have about HR class balance is out of date.

45% nerf of split shot was the initial proposed change when mod 3 hit the preview shard. that has been changed to a 25% reduction, but there have been a number of other changes to class powers.

check out this post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635201-Official-Feedback-Thread-Ranger-Paragon-Path-Pathfinder&p=7638701#post7638701

and this one: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635201-Official-Feedback-Thread-Ranger-Paragon-Path-Pathfinder&p=7766791#post7766791

:)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the information you have about HR class balance is out of date.

45% nerf of split shot was the initial proposed change when mod 3 hit the preview shard. that has been changed to a 25% reduction, but there have been a number of other changes to class powers.

check out this post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635201-Official-Feedback-Thread-Ranger-Paragon-Path-Pathfinder&p=7638701#post7638701

and this one: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635201-Official-Feedback-Thread-Ranger-Paragon-Path-Pathfinder&p=7766791#post7766791

:)

ow thank you, now i know split shot is a bit op in pvp, and imho a 25% reduction is acceptable :)
    the adjustment on electric shot/clear the ground seems legit too ;) idk maybe they'll turn in a valid alternative
    just today i spoke with a friend who has cw as main and he complained about the advantage hr has in pvp...im not into pvp sadly, but the hr is a really valid class for it xD as it has more range and disruptive shot and constricting arrow/binding arrow just are too good even without the use of melee powers...

thank you again
  • Options
    entita1entita1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i chosed stormwarden and no want start new char can reset powers in archer?
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    entita1 wrote: »
    i chosed stormwarden and no want start new char can reset powers in archer?

You can buy respect tokens - just click the respect button down the left hand corner on the powers page. This will take you to the Zen market where you can buy it.

In Mod 3 - we will probably get a free respect token - the button mentioned earlier will be lit up with the words "free respect".

So do not buy unless there is no free respec.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    None of my HR's will be respeccing after today. Money grabbing tossers. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    No retrain token is being given. Seriously?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    alexninja86alexninja86 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where is the free token??
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Where is the free token??

There isn't one. Cryptic is telling HR and GWF to pay five dollars or GTFO.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Someone just said that they found a respec on their HR the second time they logged in.

I won't be home to test for another couple hours.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Someone just said that they found a respec on their HR the second time they logged in.

I won't be home to test for another couple hours.

No, there's no free respec.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I actually have the AD required for a respec but I absolutely refuse to spend it on something we should have been given considering the changes introduced. My skills aren't worse through something I've done or chosen. It's because Cryptic decided to change what was already working fine for me. (And until now, I was excited about those changes.)

Since it was their decision to change the skills, they should be the one to eat the cost of a respec.

I tested the changes on preview, planned my build, and now I need to buy zen to retrain? It's not like a simple feat respec is going to be enough this time around either. It's zen or nothing with the multitude of power changes. (And of course this is the worst time possible to convert AD to Zen.)

I'd rather spend my AD and Zen on fun things rather than respec's I'm cornered into buying through 'balance' patches.

I guess maybe Cryptic wants us to level past 60 to fix the situation? If you consider that we can now have every power at all three tiers I guess I should just hit the new max level of 'X' and buy the cheaper feat respec as a sign of my displeasure with their business practices.

If we're going to be expected to simply level our way out of balance patches in the future I would at least like to be told about it in advance. I would also appreciate it if the developers can confirm or deny that this is how they plan to handle balance and content patches in the future for those of us who like to plan more than a day or two ahead. As it is, this is a rather huge bomb to be dropped on our heads out of nowhere. It goes against years of Cryptic's update history.
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If all the comments i have read about how the other classes have gotten themselves a retraining token upon gaining a new paragon path, i find it somewhat darn right unjust towards us hunter rangers who were forced to choose the stormwarden path wether we liked it or not. If this was the only change the hunter class had seen however that's as far as i would have gone, but that is not the case as the hunters have seen some nerfs in its skills, including the stormwarden ones, that would make a few skill builds useless or weak. Considering this fact i can't help but wonder why we did not gain a retraining token for us to make adjustment and/or change paragon path. (additionally i guess the great weapon fighters could have used one too considering all the changes their feats have seen)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I stand corrected. The cheaper feat respec won't let you become a pathfinder. I had forgotten that fact.

So your choices to play a pathfinder are as follows:

Open your wallet.

Grind AD.

Roll a new character.

Only one of those options gets you into Icewind dale with the new paragon path today unless you already had enough AD saved to respec with worst-case-possible AD/Zen ratios.

I sincerely apologize if I led anyone to believe there was a cheaper way to do it.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They just kill my character build. After "balance" changes there is no "good" way to play build i had. Especially in pvp where "hit and run" was a major. After "balance" changes for fox shift - now "hit" part does not work and "run" with escape is not so far now too. So I don't know how to play melee build with Stormwarden. And no free retrain token.

What is getting me mad is that now my char need that token to even just play normally! And still no idea how another skill tree will work... And yet again they made GWF even more powerful.does not make sense for me by what they mean under "balance"
  • Options
    ciziinciziin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Completely ruined the HR. I'm even thinking about stop playing after this ridiculous update.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    They just kill my character build. After "balance" changes there is no "good" way to play build i had. Especially in pvp where "hit and run" was a major. After "balance" changes for fox shift - now "hit" part does not work and "run" with escape is not so far now too. So I don't know how to play melee build with Stormwarden. And no free retrain token.

What is getting me mad is that now my char need that token to even just play normally! And still no idea how another skill tree will work... And yet again they made GWF even more powerful.does not make sense for me by what they mean under "balance"

you seem to be in the same situation as me and thinking the same thing about the gwf too lol
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    based on past precedence, i would say it's a high probability that HRs will get a free respec token in mod 3.

Really? I have to agree with everyone else in this thread.. HR classed forced to go only stormwarden when we first create this character. Where's our token? You make a new paragon path for us, then you tell us in a matter of "oh btw if you want to try it your gonna have to spend money to try it" Many faithful players of Neverwinter looked forward to that token to give this new paragon a chance. Might even had decided to spend some real money into the game at a later date. but the fact that you couldn't spare 1 retrain token per player with an HR is sad... Would have been more beneficial to you Dev's if you had. feedback, improvement suggestions, etc..

So the magic question is.. Is the developers going to change their mind and say "oops my bad" and send us something that that doesn't cost them anything except the benefit of knowing it will help improve this new paragon by letting players respec their HR for free so we can give more feedback, that may help improve the class, or scrooge it and make us pay?
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    Really? I have to agree with everyone else in this thread.. HR classed forced to go only stormwarden when we first create this character. Where's our token? You make a new paragon path for us, then you tell us in a matter of "oh btw if you want to try it your gonna have to spend money to try it" Many faithful players of Neverwinter looked forward to that token to give this new paragon a chance. Might even had decided to spend some real money into the game at a later date. but the fact that you couldn't spare 1 retrain token per player with an HR is sad... Would have been more beneficial to you Dev's if you had. feedback, improvement suggestions, etc..

So the magic question is.. Is the developers going to change their mind and say "oops my bad" and send us something that that doesn't cost them anything except the benefit of knowing it will help improve this new paragon by letting players respec their HR for free so we can give more feedback, that may help improve the class, or scrooge it and make us pay?

Naivety,you gotta love it. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Naivety,you gotta love it. :D

but without naivety (like the naivety to believe that signing a piece of paper guarantees that you will do what's written on it) we would be in constant war!:eek: so i find naivety relaxing and good personally :p
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New paragon path is like perma TR, so less dmg but more stealth.
    Bear trap is joke it need more time for cast than effect on the target.
    Split Shot have 60-70% dmg less than Stormwarden one.
    Ambush i nice skill but it can't compensate all DMG that HR lose with this path.
    New At-will skills are in 98% of time useless.

So I can wish good luck on Pathfinder HR that try to kill any medium or better skilled GWF in Ice Wind Pass... GWF will have better regen/LS than dmg that this HR can do on him ...