test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A.N.E.-chan Corner

dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Art and Fiction
a_n_e___chan__pencil_lineart_by_dandare_rastaban-d7fgrup.jpg
FOR LOVE, ART and BUTTKICKING!

Hello! And welcome to Angry Neko Elf Corner!

If you ask: "what the Angry Neko Elf Corner is?", then let's say that it won't be far away from truth if I tell you all it's something alike to my individual artist project and place to hang out on forum same time (from mad artist's perspective). The gist of it is that main use I'll claim on this place is to post my Neverwinter Online related arts. What will be on them? Mostly my official characters, which you all probably met as my avatars (or will meet in future in my foundry). Same time I'll post their full bio onto the character database topic for anyone interested. Bio's will appear along with Inked Linearts of particular characters and the links will be present. Also some mini comics stories or similar things might appear.

Final aim of this one use is to create a full printable artbook with a collection of arts and lore on my characters in hope that someone would like to see such thing in future :). There will be progress update on every Friday.

Second aim of this place is to promote other Neverwinter related fanart makers! We had some great ones but they came and.. disappeared at some point. To try pointing out whom I mean I'll post some short previews about them along with links to the topics they've made and/or art sites. It won't be by any mean critique thing. All such links with nicks will be held in regularly edited first post of this topic under section:
"Hall of Fanart Fame"
I hope to add up on fanart activity contribution on Neverwinter that way and any help or support will be priceless! If we gather some more artists to cooperate: we might come up with new interesting projects (someone mentioned item/lore pencil/charcoal arts collection for game right? Indeed such things)

Third possible aim and for now last use will be something I call: "Crazy Cat Games". To keep it short: from time to time I'll hold an event of sort. In all cases the participation will be an easy task but I'll make sure that to win one would be a thing not that easy. I plan on giving the winners a symbolic reward of... lets say 100k AD? Only thing I'm unsure is whether those will not go against game rules ^^;

I would not lie: this topic will have to get sticky! But I wanna earn such honor :D. For now even main logo is unready so I'll try to whip it all up into shape in next few weeks!

MOST IMPORTANTLY: have fun here! I really encourage you to post any kind of ideas, requests or merely hang out with me talking about the stuff here. The more activity we can stir up: the better !

Sincerely Yours ~Angry Neko Elf

"Hall of Fanart Fame"
(coming soon ;) )

"Things to do!"

A.N.E.-chan Logo -Pencil Lineart {Done}, Inked Lineart {Done}, Coloring {To be done} (GOTTA DO IT ASAP :P)
Sylain Elistrae - Sketch {Done}, Pencil lineart {Done}, Inked Lineart {Done}, Coloring {To be done, bio in making}
Seti Crimsonweave - Sketch {Done}, Pencil lineart {Done}, Inked Lineart {Done, bio in making}
Cleara - Sketch {Done}, Pencil lineart {Done}, Inked Lineart {In making}
Leera Vesdena - Sketch {Done}, Pencil lineart {Done}, Inked Lineart {In making}
"You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
"I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
Post edited by dandare#8529 on

Comments

• dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1st progress report!

And here it goes! For now a mere pencil sketch and pencil lineart of my main character. Sylain Elistrae!
    It took in fact a real deal of while to even bring it to this point but lots of things need to be done yet.
    Initial Pencil Sketch
    sylain_elistrae___rough_sketch_by_dandare_rastaban-d7fgstp.jpg
    Cleaned (a bit) Pencil Lineart
    sylain_elistrae___pencil_lineart_by_dandare_rastaban-d7fgv41.jpg
    Hope you enjoy! Any good word much appreciated :D !!

"You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edited April 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    AWESOME!!!

I'm gonna print them out and color'm. :p

COOL!

I would love to see that :D

Many more linearts are in cooking and they will be coming soon so You might get higher share of such fun. I would surely color them but earlier decided to schedule a large mass of linearts. Only Logo is meant to get coloring ASAP as it is symbol of a whole project.

Thanks in advance valwryn!

edited April 2014
    2nd progress report!

As promised: Friday report is here. Ok, ok. I guess I got a bit lazy going on with mere sketches and not so clean linearts for now but... well there is a progress on work.

It makes me quite sad to see only one reply so far though :(. Maybe I should focus on ongoing avatar making contest instead (though beating that Unicorn and crazy fish might be not easy at all XD )

Well anyway let's go! Here comes Seti!
    Initial Pencil Sketch
    seti_crimsonweave___rough_sketch_by_dandare_rastaban-d7fouuq.jpg
    seti_crimsonweave___pencil_lineart_by_dandare_rastaban-d7fp3pn.jpg

Seti Crimsonweave is a character I came up with for my foundry "The Green String" which (due to lack of time) I never finished. Yet as through and through as I can be sometimes I've made a full bio and set of connections with other characters and Forgotten Realms lore for her. After a short while she became pretty much my favorite... thus she already haves like 2 more concept sketches, faceworks and I would love to make a short comic starring her. It will be soo much work to do all of that... I somehow dislike myself for upping the workload, though I can't bring myself to dislike Seti XD (cause she's adorable little Tiefling XD)

• yippekiyaymfyippekiyaymf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    they look good! keep doing what u love brother, only way to live
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Bruce ^_^! It helps going. Knowing that least one or two people 'kind of' like what I've spent quite few tens of hours on lately. Well... lest Devart and regular commissioners seem excited. Sadly none of 'em play NWO T_T (though few are D&D fans).

I might merely hope for some more activity here in future... hoping I'm not actually hated >_>

Just to prove that I lately spend the 3 hours a day on this little project:
    3rd progress report!

Initial Pencil Sketch
    leera_vesdena___rough_sketch_by_dandare_rastaban-d7g0nlz.jpg
    leera_vesdena___pencil_ineart_by_dandare_rastaban-d7g0opf.jpg

I must admit I do not know whether to HUG the NWO clothing designers (cause many works are awesome! And I must deny accusations on lack of 'sexy outfits'. They're here, just a bit more easily put on NPC in Foundry that Player Characters XD) or HANG... cause as far as I love details: taking them all into account is time-consuming. I wanted to use both: NWO and own designs in artbook (starting with NWO ones) and must say that they're as much cool as tricky. I too often need to make a 'little changes' due to missed little detail or something along this lines.

Nah I LOVE IT, after all XD

Also!! On todays report visible is: Leera Vesdena. One of my major NPC for (in work) foundry:

Trivia! - Little Crazy Cat Contest

Leera like all of my OCs here so far is depicted with her favorite weapon of choice. What is it's name?

Hint: it's actually quite famous BGII weapon :D

Winner (1st to answer correctly) will receive from me a main hand weapon of choice from Ancient Mulhorand weapons. Since if it's weapons talk. Let's keep it weapons related :D

I'll ACCEPT only 1st good answer posted BEFORE Friday 22:00 GMT. Because if not answered by then: I'll post answer along with my 4th progress report. So it's a race against time in fact !
  • jymarujymaru Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looks like a set of Crimson Darts to me

(I do not play the game tho. Also hi)
    Suhiko | Level 15 | Wood Elf | Control Wizard

"Jymaru no" ~Anyone who's ever known me for more than five minutes probably

I am now a Pokemon. Good times
    edited May 2014
    Good to have You here Jymaru ^^

Now it feels a bit more warm around. Time to prepare more Irish tea :D

I hope we'll get some raise in activity soon and maybe start some more creative progress. For now: I'll do my best (I hope).
    edited May 2014
    It's good to be here (even though I don't play the game - THOUGH I PLAN TO when i have enough time so probably not any time soon sorry)

A raise in activity would be good, yes indeedy. I'm sure you posting the Journal on dA will help some with that

(btw I like the quote in your signature haha)

• moiraine28moiraine28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Beautifull work, i love it! Will be cool with some color hehehe. It's a great job Sylain! Thanks for sharing with us. =D
  • kalidin7kalidin7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Love the new work. The leera piece is my favorite so far!

As for the knifes been over 10 years since i last played BG. i cant remember that. plus I always favored the bigger weapons! so with out cheating a going in to google cant awser the question!

I would love to see a Pic of one of My chars if you have some free time one day! i will be sure to check back every week to see the updates!

Also a quick anime sketch of the whole guild one day would be nice! we have hold and event in the future to try to gather as many as we can and take a screen shot! don't know if you like the idea!

Keep up the good work!

Lan
    edited May 2014
    moiraine28 wrote: »
    Beautifull work, i love it! Will be cool with some color hehehe. It's a great job Sylain! Thanks for sharing with us. =D

I REALLY wish to color it ASAP. Cause no doubt it'll be triple-wesome with it XD. My problem lies in fact of coloring being a way more time-consuming activity for me than Drawing :P

Either way. REAL THANKS ^_^

It's always nice to get your own art appreciated and I hope we'll even have some talk here started in the future. Knowing jymaru: it'll be utter interesting (well as soon as she finds enough time). I was a bit worried that DevArt commotion (a little at that since I returned there out of blue after 2 years =D) could be only thing I stir up with my project. And here: happy surprise :D
    kalidin7 wrote: »
    Love the new work. The leera piece is my favorite so far!

As for the knifes been over 10 years since i last played BG. i cant remember that. plus I always favored the bigger weapons! so with out cheating a going in to google cant awser the question!

I would love to see a Pic of one of My chars if you have some free time one day! i will be sure to check back every week to see the updates!

Also a quick anime sketch of the whole guild one day would be nice! we have hold and event in the future to try to gather as many as we can and take a screen shot! don't know if you like the idea!

Keep up the good work!

Lan

Haha, Leera is till not 42% people asked favorite so you can count yourself a majority Lan =)

I think it's due to her less childish and more 'racy' nature as a thief/rouge type of character. After all: femme fatale characters even once depicted not fully feminine still often got largest fandoms in their respective stories. Their unpredictable charm maybe? She can one day save your like and next day steal your horse =)

About character commissions. I do those whole time ^^. Yet due to binding word with several people (mostly a part time assistant, Little sister, Big brother and at least two friends) I no longer can do freebies T_T (did to many in past). Yet as bad as it sounds: I'm cheap :P (seriously) so I'll send You a PM since game forums rather ain't a place for such talk ;) (don't wanna ban).

AND

About guild sketch:

It's been... AGES since I done group art, but ... now that I think about it, it's a great idea =D. I talked with Fenix about it today and as I said I merely need earlier info about meeting time and place. I doubt I can capture too many characters on art at once though, but such details are for later. For now it would be great to know who might be interested.

And so, LET'S GO!

4th progress report!

Initial Pencil Sketch
    cleara___rough_sketch_by_dandare_rastaban-d7gukix.jpg
    cleara___pencil_lineart_by_dandare_rastaban-d7gulam.jpg

Once again it was a detail lovers delight. Though I get nightmares thinking about coloring it :P

Visible here is Cleara. A shadar-kai Renegade which inner personality traits just scream Kuudere. There are several reasons to it. Gal-Ralan bracers being the least. And probably a past being a foremost. Anyway as a female Gloomblade she's a character with a real fun~potential XD
    Trivia! - Little Crazy Cat Contest WINNER

Well it seems like jymaru keeps on surprising me with an utmost unexpected detailed information. Indeed Leera's 'weapon of choice' are Crimson Darts. If anyone recalls BGII as I do then they recall it as one of more useful ranged weapons. For me it was like an ultimate weapon of my troll-master Bard on second game clean.... ehhh ... memories.

Hope someone likes the progress we have till now. PLEASE comment, ask, collaborate and drink tea here whoever wants !!! You're all welcome ^_^

edited May 2014
    I won and I don't even play the game

You should know by now that I'm just full of surprises - I'm not one to disappoint in that department, certainly

edited May 2014
    Quite indeed jymaru, quite indeed. Well if you do not play yet: prize will wait ;)

IT's a perfect weapon for a start in fact so it'll match. Just send me note once you get ready your character ;)
    edited May 2014
    Alrighty, but it might be a while. Like, a really long time. If I'm lucky, it'll be sometime in the next year. Maybe. I'm busy it hurts so much

edited May 2014
    And once again silence hits!
    edited May 2014
    Yet again I doublepost! (Managers: do not shot me yet ;p )

Well I have a quite random yet somehow aching question. We all know that 'Werewolf' means literally a 'Wolf-man' so... how about female lycanthrope ?

Yeah, yet again my next character is a female* . Well since she is a wolf lycanthrope I was wondering about the word for her, being gender opposite to werewolf. I must admit that despite my whole vast mythological knowledge... I did not ever bother to find one. Yet... maybe some ideas?

(*no worries: males such as 'Spellscarred Paladin', 'Chirurgeon Nercomancer' and finally my favorite 'The Merchant' are all males... and prepared kind of)

edited May 2014
    Based on the origin of wer and its female equivalent wif, a female werewolf would be either:

-wifwolf
    -wowolf

Either would be acceptable ("Wo" being a corrupted form of "wif", used in the word woman)

• doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am visiting and do read the page.
    edited May 2014
    jymaru wrote: »
    Based on the origin of wer and its female equivalent wif, a female werewolf would be either:

-wifwolf
    -wowolf

Either would be acceptable ("Wo" being a corrupted form of "wif", used in the word woman)

Hmm... 'Wifwolf' undoubtedly has a potential :D

As always thanks jymaru ^^
    doogie74 wrote: »
    I am visiting and do read the page.

doogie! You old dawg :D

Hope the tea is tepid and you like it here ;). Come by more often: all activity is a positive one as long as you want to stir things up after all =D (dancing in a tootsie with a gold club in hands and tiara on head included =D )

Heh, so a Wifwolf it shall be! Also an elven proprietress comes soon. Then also bio's with inked art (more clean, believe me. Well jymaru knows the difference ^^;. For some it's small difference in fact but takes a bit of time ;P). Later male sketches aaand... there is that goblin... and 'overly-manly Master of the hunt' (yeah had to do this one) not mention little secret in memory of sominator ;). Dang: lots is in the cooking!

Well hope all like it till now! Also: I'll try (as soon as find time) scout-message some of epic past artists that got here. For sure there are 2-3 I MUST see posting on NWO forum again =D

Sincerely Caffeinated ~ Angry Neko Elf
    edited May 2014
    Yay, I contributed! I can't wait to see the next pictures by the way

(I should commission you sometime. Like, when I'm not dangerously broke)

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps they are. I would have to do more research into Old English to find out though

edited May 2014
    Now that's... intriguing :confused:. We got wolf lycanthropy nearly the level of 'half-demon issues' with: Alu-fiend (half succubus), Tielfling (overall half demon half human), Fey'ri (half sun elf , half tanar'ri), Tanarukks (half orcs-half demons) and Draegloths (more than half demons and partially drow, long story >_>).

Well I must admit I love well crafted fantasy realms due to their complexity in such matter. It proves not uncommon even for most of wizardry inside the story to not know or 'not be sure of' some things, thus adding even more 'reality feel' to it :D
    edited May 2014
    Hey Dan, slightly off-topic, but, if I were to ever draw something relating to Neverwinter, would I be allowed to post it in here? I'd probably only draw, like, one or two things, so it's not enough to make my own topic, but still, I figured I'd ask

edited May 2014
    Sure thing jymaru ;) !!! I did say so in the 1st post: A.N.E.-chan Corner is a place of pretty much overall 'art appreciation'. You can count it as art corner within art corner. Anyone who wanna talk with me or show people 'coming by' something good: is allowed. I do not find it exclusive for myself only.

I would love to see something from you ;)
    edited May 2014
    5th progress report!

Initial Pencil Sketch
    sayra__the_red_fur____rough_sketch_by_dandare_rastaban-d7hrig7.jpg
    sayra__the_red_fur____pencil_lineart_by_dandare_rastaban-d7hrjf3.jpg

After a little problems with scanner (no worries I fixed it - actually Bachelor of Information Technology here :3 ) here she comes!

I won't reveal the whole story yet but Sayra along with Leera, Seti and Cleara create a larger 'group' of "Four Divas of Greenstring Inn". Might sound enigmatic (I hope) but it'll be explained later on (PROMISE!)

Next up coming report I'll probably bring some inked lineart along with a bio aaaand a comic, maybe. Well there is a lot to do lately on my side since I 'revived'' my Devart account after 2 years. I got already 2 new commissions from new people so, although I'm hyper happy due to raise in income and fun commissions (cybernetically enhanced mermaid for example), I have a bit of lack of time >_<

Let me be in fact as bold as to ask this question: who is actually looking forward to see me finish up the whole artbook project :D? I'm asking also to encourage some comments. I wonder what an interesting thing people might wanna see in Neverwinter Online fanartbook :D

PS: Overly Manly Master of The Hunt in Cooking. Better hide under the tables XD
    edited May 2014
    I like the new pieces. Just looked through them all again and tried to make a mental image of them standing next to one another! I muct say would make a bad a group! cant with to see you finish!

I really hope with M3 coming out soon we get to see more people active these next few weeks. Plus a whole lot of new tings to try out. I look forward to seeing you in game.

Keep up the good work!
    Lan
    edited May 2014
    But to be honest that hand on sayra scares me!
    edited May 2014
    kalidin7 wrote: »
    But to be honest that hand on sayra scares me!

A Wifwolf :D ! *blink to Jymaru*