test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect Terror + CoI (15% mit) + dual RoF = how much mitigation? [pvp not pve]

crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Library
I know it's 20% on terror and 15% on conduit, so 35% mitigation and two ray of enfeb, how much mitigation will that give verus lets say a 50% damage resistant gwf (IV), making him just as squishy as me or not so much?
Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
[SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crazymikee on

Comments

• dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I keep meaning to test this, because I've had the same question... Of course I don't even know what "mitigation" precisely means... GWFs & TRs are stacking deflect... Is it reduced or is it just defense? Controls? Doesn't seem like chokes last any longer.... How about tenacity? If they have 17% tenacity & you hit em with CoI do they only have 2% or is it 15% of current % (0.85*17)= 14.5%? I'm sure someone has broken down the math, but I haven't seen it.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mitigation

Mitigation

Mitigation is the percentage of damage reduced by a character's defenses. It is represented by the Damage Resistance value on the character sheet. Damage resistance and mitigation are effectively the same thing. The difference between mitigation and defense is that defense is a factor in determining mitigation. Reducing a character's mitigation is always more effective than reducing its defenses.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is incorperated into the mitigation calculation other than defense... What about tenacity & deflect? Is AoE resistance affected too?
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I know COI is a definite 15% dr reduction, but im not sure how much the other things add onto it. even stacking two RoE and trying out a pterror and a Gplague I still have an unnoticable damage increase versus IV sentinels
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Terror is sadly a rather useless 4% damage buff :( looks so cool too.
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    I know it's 20% on terror and 15% on conduit, so 35% mitigation and two ray of enfeb, how much mitigation will that give verus lets say a 50% damage resistant gwf (IV), making him just as squishy as me or not so much?

You might want to change the thread title, because you say "RoF" which is Ray of Frost, but I think you mean "RoE" which is Ray of Enfeeblement.
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    dakbur wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what is incorperated into the mitigation calculation other than defense... What about tenacity & deflect? Is AoE resistance affected too?
    There is also the armor class and feats in it, too.

My GF has got an AC of 37, which calculates into (37-10)/2=27/2=13.5 or 13.5% as base resistance. On top does it have 4000 Defense, or another 35.6%, making it 49.1% total. The rest is Deflection, boons and a honey badger for PvE (+10% resistances when life is below 35%).

My guess is that Tenacity is a hard limit and cannot be pushed. All damage dealt or taken will have Tenacity applied to it and I very much doubt the devs would allow us to build characters, which can work around it.
    Stay frosty.
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Terror reduces defense, NOT mitigation in PvP, so it is not 20%. How much terror debuffs depend on your opponent's defense rating and where he sits on damage reduction curve. The higher it is the less effective terror is by itself. Against squishier targets terror will be more effective.

Assume the GWF sits at 50% DR and he has 29 AC so 9.5% DR from AC and 10% from tenacity. Thus he have around 30% from DR which translates to say 2600 defense which is fairly reasonable. If you reduce 20% via terror he has 2080 defense left which translates to about 28% DR. Effectively Terror reduces his damage reduction by 2.7%

CoI is 15% feated. Double RoE is 15% for the brief window they are up (~4s). These 3 are additive together for 45%, and multiplicative with the 2% from terror. All up you can expect to do 46.2% more damage to him when all debuffs are up.

If you are interested in further reading on how debuffs/ArP/damage reduction work have a read of section 6.3 of my DC guide. It's DC flavoured, but I included debuffs of other classes, and mechanics are the same:
    http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-devoted-clerics-in-neverwinter/?p=41#6.3
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more