test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only join new dungeon, option

areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Since I couldn't find a suggestion forum I will stick this here.

I am sick and tired of being placed in halfdone or final boss dungeons. Most of the time people just go in an bail, it's a waste of time.

So add an option that blocks people from joining dungeons already in progress for those of us who want to do the whole thing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is especially annoying when queuing for MC or VT, people start leaving after 1st boss, other people join in, instance never despawns... :|
  • areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'd rather see them fix the queue system and close empty instances the second they get abandoned. that'll do the same and more.

This won't fix the disconnect without leaving instance people that keep those dungeons alive for hours.
  • cerrillacerrilla Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is becoming an annoying issue, or perhaps has been one for some time now. I have only been here a month or so but it has amazed me how often the dungeons are all messed up by some group before me.

One thing i have tried has been to call for group to meet at the door on a particular instance(?) number with the information that it's to be a full run. When i see all five persons then we go into the darned thing. It has been fairly successful that way. I, like the OP, prefer my dungeons from start to finish.

I still wonder at the wisdom of the developers for allowing this to even become an issue. Was there, at some point, a valid reason to allow these perma- instances and hopping in at the middle? It confuses me because I have never had this on any other game. Is it a function of the problems we have with being DC'd and dropping out of the game so often? Was there some other advantage for this? Something like being able to invite an Uber player for bosses that are too difficult for newer badly geared players? Something that made sense somehow?
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All I know is that if I had a single Astral Diamond for everytime I've been placed at the beginning, middle, or end of an already cleared dungeon, I would be rich, rich, rich!

I got a piece of my T1 HR set by inadvertently popping in at the last campfire or even during the fight itself.
    I type into chat, "Hey, Sorry guys, I'll leave" and the response was a collective, "NO, please stay and help"
    Most people do understand that it is not the players fault of where and when the Q puts them in a dungeon, but at the same time, there are plenty of people that abuse this mechanic. Such as Queuing with a friend/guildmate and the minute they spawn, begin issuing vote kicks, kicking the original parties at the last boss, and then waiting for the rest of their crew to show up, kicking as needed until what they want shows up. We all know it only takes two.

But on the flipside, there are some good points to this as well. Sometimes a group is stuck at the last boss and they will get into Legit/LFG and asked for people to Q to help them finish a dungeon or boss because of one reason or another.

It is by no means perfect, in fact it fails more than it succeeds. Which is why forming a party and going the front door if Heroic, and queuing as a preformed party for epic is the best options.

As for adding a check box for a new instance, that would be great for those that do rely on the Q system for runs.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    All I know is that if I had a single Astral Diamond for everytime I've been placed at the beginning, middle, or end of an already cleared dungeon, I would be rich, rich, rich!

I got a piece of my T1 HR set by inadvertently popping in at the last campfire or even during the fight itself.
    I type into chat, "Hey, Sorry guys, I'll leave" and the response was a collective, "NO, please stay and help"
    Most people do understand that it is not the players fault of where and when the Q puts them in a dungeon, but at the same time, there are plenty of people that abuse this mechanic. Such as Queuing with a friend/guildmate and the minute they spawn, begin issuing vote kicks, kicking the original parties at the last boss, and then waiting for the rest of their crew to show up, kicking as needed until what they want shows up. We all know it only takes two.

But on the flipside, there are some good points to this as well. Sometimes a group is stuck at the last boss and they will get into Legit/LFG and asked for people to Q to help them finish a dungeon or boss because of one reason or another.

It is by no means perfect, in fact it fails more than it succeeds. Which is why forming a party and going the front door if Heroic, and queuing as a preformed party for epic is the best options.

As for adding a check box for a new instance, that would be great for those that do rely on the Q system for runs.

Yea I've delt with the kickers myself. On more than one occasion my occasional ******* part of my personality will kick in and I'll spend anywhere from 30m to over an hour instantly re-queing so they have to keep kicking me and the people they're waiting on can't get in. BWAHAHAHA!
  • lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    areee wrote: »
    Yea I've delt with the kickers myself. On more than one occasion my occasional ******* part of my personality will kick in and I'll spend anywhere from 30m to over an hour instantly re-queing so they have to keep kicking me and the people they're waiting on can't get in. BWAHAHAHA!
    I'll do that too :D But only if they're rude and kick me without explonation, which is almost everytime.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd rather see the option to enter with any number of people, disable auto matching and invite people while already in a dungeon.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Certainly can see the issue and there should be an option to address this, as long as it's an OPTION and not a global change. I, for one, enjoy being able to pop into a dungeon at the final boss and collect some l00t by only doing one fight. Win-win. Getting vote-kicked for not being the right class is just part of the game. A mechanic to handle that would simply be an option for the party to specify the class they want in the slot.
  • x1101011xx1101011x Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only reason joining a partially completed dungeon sucks is because people leave partially completed dungeons because they suck because people leave...

It makes absolutely no sense. Why wouldn't you want the trash already cleared up to a boss? When the people are replaced, you have just as much chance of completing it as with any other PuG.

It's incredibly frustrating that one person will leave after the first wipe, and then no one will join the group to complete because they are dumb and don't realize that partially completed dungeons are better.