test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak of lesser etherealness and keybinding.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I've had one of these sitting in my inventory for months. I've used it maybe twice. Mainly because stopping, opening my inventory, double clicking it, and closing my inventory, all while being chased by something with claws, is a bit beyond even my lightning button-pushing skills.

So, first question: is there any way to keybind this item..? If so, how..? Or stick it in a belt slot, like tymoras lucky coin..?

Second question, when I do use it, I disappear, but my mainhand weapon doesn't, and I have this huge glowing plaguefire effect bow bobbing along behind me. I'm wondering, say I'm wandering around an open world pvp area, and there are a bunch of griefers lurking ahead, if I pop my cloak, can they see me, ie. Does the cloak work against other players targetting me..? And if it does work, can they still see my bow, unless I unequip it prior to cloaking..?

Actually, I suppose I could just switch to the fashion mode of appearance to get round that, anyway, does the cloak work against other players in pvp..?
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    I've had one of these sitting in my inventory for months. I've used it maybe twice. Mainly because stopping, opening my inventory, double clicking it, and closing my inventory, all while being chased by something with claws, is a bit beyond even my lightning button-pushing skills.

So, first question: is there any way to keybind this item..? If so, how..?

Second question, when I do use it, I disappear, but my mainhand weapon doesn't, and I have this huge glowing plaguefire effect bow bobbing along behind me. I'm wondering, say I'm wandering around an open world pvp area, and there are a bunch of griefers lurking ahead, if I pop my cloak, can they see me, ie. Does the cloak work against other players targetting me..? And if it does work, can they still see my bow, unless I unequip it prior to cloaking..?

It works...sort of. Doesn't hide armor or weapon enchantments.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    . . . Unfortunately, there's no way to keybind the cloak as it isn't able to be placed in a potion slot. I truly hope they make it so we can slot it there someday.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah well, worth a try.

Thanks for your replies everyone.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wish there were more items with activated abilities that you could hotkey. Some armor set bonuses or enchantments would be much better if they worked like this instead of a random chance of activating you have no control over.
  • xalabixalabi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I realize I'm answering a bit late, but here goes:
    Type "/bind 9 inventoryexec 1 inventory 29" in chat. Place the Cloak of lesser etherealness in the bottom right slot of the first bag, and the key "9" will activate it.
    Of course, you can replace 9 with any other key you like, and if you want to place the cloak in a different slot you can replace the number 29 by the number of the slot you like (0 being the top left, 29 the bottom right, goes up by 1 for every step to the right)
    The binding will persist through sessions (i.e. quit and restart the game, still works), and is character specific, so you can bind a different key for each of your characters.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xalabi wrote: »
    Type "/bind 9 inventoryexec 1 inventory 29" in chat. Place the Cloak of lesser etherealness in the bottom right slot of the first bag, and the key "9" will activate it.
    Of course, you can replace 9 with any other key you like, and if you want to place the cloak in a different slot you can replace the number 29 by the number of the slot you like (0 being the top left, 29 the bottom right, goes up by 1 for every step to the right)
    The binding will persist through sessions (i.e. quit and restart the game, still works), and is character specific, so you can bind a different key for each of your characters.

This is great! I have to try if it works with potions, too!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited April 2014

You sir, are a genius.

It works. Thankyou so much.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can we bind our 2nd set equipment like this too? I hope by sliding F1 F2 F3 F4 i can change my pve gear into pvp gear and vise versa.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Topic is a little old, but here is a command you can use to activate the cloak, so long as it is in your inventory:

/PowerExec 1 Item_Wondrous_Cloak_Etherealness_T04b

Edit: Seems like the healing potion command only works if it's equipped.
  • lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The topic may be old, but this has made MY day; off I go to try it out! :)
    edited May 2014
    Dear mods,

Can we stickie this thread..? It is pretty useful to know how to keybind inventory items.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Topic is a little old, but here is a command you can use to activate the cloak, so long as it is in your inventory:

Edit: Seems like the healing potion command only works if it's equipped.
    What's the commend for binding Tymora's Lucky Coin?
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I loved the idea of the Cloak of lesser etherealness, but **** why does it not work against other players! how about making a greater or normal that does work in pvp and can slot in the quick keys.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    5 Star thread srs.

Thank you for the keybinds. Saved it in notepad like a treasure! will be so useful.
    edited July 2014
    Does that only work for items in the first bag (Adventurer's Satchel)? It doesn't seem work for items in other bags.

I tested it, and found that Tymora's Lucky Coin can't be activated through this way.
    edited August 2014
    Note: this method - the first one on the first page - works with the pocket pet (but not tymoras coin) so if you have a doohickey and the two augument novelty items, you can use them all in combat, and still have one belt slot for potions.

You can have multiple binds eg. I've got the throne on 9, the cloak on 8, and pet on 7.

The cloak is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp, but can make your heroic encounter experience a lot less lethal ;) especially if you get to the raid the raiders first and want rob all their stuff without them noticing.
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can have multiple binds eg. I've got the throne on 9, the cloak on 8, and pet on 7.

How do you get the item names? :)
    edited August 2014
    Type "/bind 9 inventoryexec 1 inventory 29" in chat.

You don't need the id of a particular object, just put the objects you want to hotkey (not all of them will work btw.) in the bottom slots of your first bag, and change the key after 'bind' and the number after 'inventory'.

29 is the last slot, 28 the one before, 27 the one before that etc. For me 9 activates whatever is in the last slot, 8 activates whatever is in the slot before... ad infinitum. Well, until you run out of bagspace anyway.
  • robrobsonrobrobson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok and where can i find Cloak of Lesser Etherealness today? One guy share me good quest but i didn't get reward :\
    edited August 2014
    Been so long I can't remember - it's near the end of the place with all the mindflayers I think.
    edited August 2014
    Well i know all about former place: Cloak of Lesser Etherealness is in the llithid Enclave dungeon quest (last quest in WC), it's still here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Lesser_Etherealness

But it's not there anymore :\
    edited August 2014
    Maybe whoever you shared the quest with won the drop..? Ah, in the chest apparantly. Maybe you exited without opening it..?
    edited August 2014
    Unfortunetely no i took loot, opened the chest and finish quest by NPC :\ I was 2 times today:
    Alone => green mainhand (identyfied)
    With 2 guys => same green mainhand (other two guys - it was their first time there - also get green mainhand)

I had that cloak, then discarded. Later get the new one (somebody shared me quest just like today) and again discarded.
    edited August 2014
    Well in that case I don't know - maybe the chest bug in DDs is effecting that chest too..? I don't know what to say really - submit a bug ticket to cryptic..?
    edited August 2014
    Type "/bind 9 inventoryexec 1 inventory 29" in chat.

You don't need the id of a particular object, just put the objects you want to hotkey (not all of them will work btw.) in the bottom slots of your first bag, and change the key after 'bind' and the number after 'inventory'.

29 is the last slot, 28 the one before, 27 the one before that etc. For me 9 activates whatever is in the last slot, 8 activates whatever is in the slot before... ad infinitum. Well, until you run out of bagspace anyway.
    Does this method only work for items in the first bag?
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014

How do we bind that to a key, or am I being dim?

Typing that in chat will take a lot longer than opening inventory and double clicking on the cloak!
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    masizin777 wrote: »
    I loved the idea of the Cloak of lesser etherealness, but **** why does it not work against other players! how about making a greater or normal that does work in pvp and can slot in the quick keys.

I really like this idea.

Cloak of Lesser Etherealness - the one we have now
    Cloak of Etherealness - totally undetectable, impossible to see in any way, immune to one hit of damage, become material on next hit
    Cloak of Greater Etherealness - totally undetectable, also immune to all damage for full duration of 60 seconds

Of course, you also cannot attack anyone on the Prime Material when you are in the Border Ethereal. So if you attack someone, you become corporeal and material again.

There is a very lengthy cool down of 60 minutes, but it would give a nice, one-off Get Out of Jail Free card in an emergency.

They'd also need to work out how it would work if you are capping a PvP point and are immune to damage, or the advantage would be too unfair. But the 60 seconds duration seems reasonable. You'd only be able to use it for one point in a match or during an Arena PvP event hour.

~
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How do we bind that to a key, or am I being dim?

Typing that in chat will take a lot longer than opening inventory and double clicking on the cloak!

"/bind 8 PowerExec 1 Item_Wondrous_Cloak_Etherealness_T04b"
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited September 2014
    And how to do the same for Adorable Pocket Pet? I can bind it by inventory slot but i'd rather prefer to bind to item anywhere i put it, so i guess:

/bind <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PowerExec 1 Item_Adorable_Pocket_Pet_???

What is the internal signature similat to T04b?