test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Campaign

2»

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just a question: What's to stop two or more buddies (or mule accounts) just taking turns in farming each other for black ice?
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Or indeed bots or guilds.....
    Which is why the rewards are a few pieces of black ice and should remain that way

without getting into specifics, i'm just going to say that the mechanics in place make it very difficult for two characters to effectively exploit this. alternately, if a large guild were to stand around and grief individual players from getting black ice in pvp, there are other instances to move to.
  • jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    without getting into specifics, i'm just going to say that the mechanics in place make it very difficult for two characters to effectively exploit this. alternately, if a large guild were to stand around and grief individual players from getting black ice in pvp, there are other instances to move to.

So if a large guild does decide to grief players on one instance it will be tolerated and it's up to the victims to move elsewhere?
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jester000 wrote: »
    So if a large guild does decide to grief players on one instance it will be tolerated and it's up to the victims to move elsewhere?

Of course, why should it be sanctioned? Alternatively anyone can roll a GWF/TR, make himself unkillable and troll up to 10 players simultaneously. In other words: The mechanics should take care of griefing, not the players. In theory.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Of course, why should it be sanctioned? Alternatively anyone can roll a GWF/TR, make himself unkillable and troll up to 10 players simultaneously. In other words: The mechanics should take care of griefing, not the players. In theory.

Lol... This saddens me lol.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unless you are currently playing and testing it out on preview, then "you" might be able to say something about the open world PVP. I am a bit confused on people worring about "griefing" by individuals or guilds.

There is NO RE SPAWN CAMPING POSSIBLE. If you are killed in PvP, you go back to a neutral campfire and no longer flagged for PvP. You have to actively seek out where the griefers are and REFLAG for PvP.

LOL I am not sure where you think a GF or TR can handle 10 much less 2 or 3 in the new open world PvP unless you have been trying it.

Incidentally the PvP in Dwarven Valley is a lot less forgiving as you also have to contend with the environment. The PvP area is huge and very well done in DV. On the plus side, most of the raw black ice nodes in DV are in the PvP area, where as in IP they are in the PvE area.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

Unless they are spawn-camping, it shouldn't be sanctioned.

It is up to the devs to make an open world PVP that gives these players the illusion of freedom but at the same protect other players from having a completely horrible experience. This game isn't solely developed for a niche audience.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Gauntlgrym pvp reputation requirements:

There's a "kill 1000 npcs" task. Now, that's huge. So, I'm wondering if this campaign actually requires player to kill golems or if dealing some damage to them and then capturing a flag will count towards the achievement. If it's the first option we're going to see a lot of people trying to kill NPCs instead of just playing pvp, and that's going to be quite annoying. Even if capturing a flag is enough, we'll still have people playing with golems instead of pvp-ing. I'm not sure I like this one, this is just an incentive to grief your own team and use the campaign as an excuse...
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2014

A "Kill" should not be rewarded unless someone does 50% or more damage, and anything less only awards an Assist. Then give one half the points for an Assist and the problem of kill stealing goes away for those who simply spike the last 20% of a players health or fast attack at the end to killsteal, warping the boon requirements in favor of TR's and GWF's.

Thank you for focusing this module on PvP.
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Pets should not be allowed in PvP and should automatically dismiss when you get PvP flagged. They should be unsummonable while PvP flagged. Perhaps make the PvP flag itself a pet with zero benefit and getting flagged automatically summons the PvP Flag itself.
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Can we scrap the injury from PvP death thing? This is going to really suck. It really doesn't make any sense. Why have it...? It just gives people more reason to skip PvP and complain that its a P2W game...
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug:

I am getting randomly Disconnected from the test shard if I interact with a Vendor, open a door for a quest, or sometimes running around... Anyone else getting this?
    va8Ru.gif
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dakbur wrote: »
    Can we scrap the injury from PvP death thing? This is going to really suck. It really doesn't make any sense. Why have it...? It just gives people more reason to skip PvP and complain that its a P2W game...

Because you need a risk reward factor if they are going to reward people to do zone pvp.

If no PVP reward: no incentive to play.
    If reward and no "risk": Everyone will zerg pvp.
    If "risk": people complain because theres risk...

Whats the win? There is none. Personally I like the idea and it actually makes you think twice about just running right back into the fight if you die.

I personally would LOVE if the re spawn camp was pushed to the zone entrance - making it a significant run back if you died ALONG with the injury kit.... This isnt domination where opponents are limited or a time limit on spawns - so to avoid the zerg fest you need deterrents...
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    anyone maybe know how to get the Token required to buy Banner artifacts?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Haven't read through this topic so I don't know if these were covered already.

Bug: Icewind Dale PvP Campaign
    Completing a heroic encounter does not progress the "Complete 50 PvP Heroic Encounters" task. This applies at least to the Dwarven Valley PvP heroic encounter.

Bug: PvP Campaign button
    Pressing one of the 3 PvP Campaign buttons in the leaderboard opens the Icewind Dale PvE campaign and not the PvP campaign.

Bug: Campaign Rewards
    While you can see the rewards for overall progress, you can't see the ones for completing tasks within each of the 3 sections.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    vibo21 wrote: »
    One thing that REALLY needs to be repaired...Don't nerf TR's dps, u can even boost it, but... u should nerf duration of TR's stealth. It isn't fair that TR is the only class, which can solo dungs (CN solo in one hour) and is the only class, which can hold the point in pvp against a few people all the time (so the whole pvp round can be loosed or won because of one perma stealth).

And the smaller thing is that so long duration time of stealth is so easy to achieve, what makes perma stealth not only very powerful, but also popular in the game.

I really have no objection for TR being the only class able to solo dungeons as there are always things that one class is only able to do, but I agree that perma stealth rogue is quite ridiculously strong class in pvp. Only way to counter it is excellent GWF build and usually the only ones are usually on the same side than the rogue. This is as common occurence as every CW being in the opposite team and thus basically cannon fodder for the rogue.

CWs are currently so defenseless against perma stealth TRs that some kind of wizards sight able to see all rogues in few meter vicinity wouldn't be bad addition, as wouldn't faster coming up from the GWF paintrain, which after initial knockdown means that you are going to stay down until dead.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    One thing in the pvp campaign I think is really imbalanced and that is the requirements for double and triple kills. I am sure someone has been able to achieve them with some class, but generally in pvp you must focus on taking the enemy down one by one and thus on the single enemy powers, which makes getting multi-kills impossible or the alternative being that you be less effective with group skills and risk not getting any kills at all and losing the match.

This is even more true with clerics that are more of support class to begin with and are having hard time getting any kills in the first place and probably least problem to GWFs, who mostly do only attacks that affect everything in their vicinity in right direction. If I had a say about the matter, I would make double and triple kills an achievement and take it out of the pvp campaign, so it wouldn't tip the pvp even more in favor of the already most powerful classes.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
    edited May 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I personally would LOVE if the re spawn camp was pushed to the zone entrance - making it a significant run back if you died ALONG with the injury kit.... This isnt domination where opponents are limited or a time limit on spawns - so to avoid the zerg fest you need deterrents...

Personally I think you are wrong that the enemies aren't limited. Usually when people die few times, they quit it and the place gets totally quiet, except the good players who will band up, come back to Zerg your group if they did the mistake of splitting up when the place seemed to quiet down.

Personally I think it would be really bad to move respawn to beginning, as the map is already pain to travel and it would diecourage even more people to not do pvp, which is one of the most fun parts of the update.

It only also bugs me to need to spend so much on the injury kits. It has been more than few times I had lost count of how many times I died there, only to notice that I had spent kits worth of 10 gold and those ten gold gcoins take quite a while to collect. They should atleast halve the injury kit cost to 10 silver, preferably to 1 silver. Currently I will cap my Icewind pvp to max 2-5 deaths per day because of the price.

Here also the dual and triple kills are quite ridiculous and especially the number needed because most classes must gear up for single combat if they want to have even a chance and that makes dual and triple kills basically impossible to most classes and really hard even for GWF and TR.

Also stampings are really hard to get because people tend to kill themselves automatically out of spite when killed and half of the classes are rear line fighters to begin with. The rejuvenation is even harder, as everyone rushes for stamp and stamp takes only a second where rejuvenate takes enough of time to lose your life if there is any one half decent enemy around, except perhaps for the tanks (GWF again).

So unless the pvp campaign is supposed to get people play GWF, it needs some serious rebalancing.

What really bugs me with the pvp campaign is the Gauntlgrym pvp. First, the Gaunt is only rarely open and even worse, there usually is some more important event going on at same time. Then when you go to do it, you have absolutely zero percent change to get into Gaunt pvp if you aren't on a party (have put every time it on que I have seen it as option and NEVER have I gotten in solo) and even when you are in a party, the chances are slim. I think that maybe one match in ten or five you even get on the Gaunt PvP when your party have qued since beginning and based on my experience, even then you usually get close to the end of the pvp timer and thus not even a full match. I once even got in just under minute left of the match (which was atleast enough to get the daily completed).

So how on earth are you supposed to get even hundreds of kills in a pvp where you can't even get in, much less the harder achievements. Also the Gaunt PvE part is probably one of the most boring ones after first few times in the whole game.

The Gauntlgrym really should be running all the time on the background at same time with some other event so it would fit better into your personal time window and besides that, there should be much much more pvp games going on and you really should be able to skip all the rest and get to do only the pvp part, especially by gathering all the solo que heroes for their own instances like with domination.

If there is one part in the pvp that needs quick fix, the Gauntlgrym PvP would be it, as the times I actually have played it, I have enjoyed it for the feel of greater battlefield with the added chaos of larger groups.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG REPORT:

Dunno if this has been posted or not, but the double and triple kill "challenges" in Domination and Zone are not working. I have clips of me getting alot of double kills (2 kills within 15 seconds) and nothing. I have kills within seconds of eachother and nothing....