test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback

joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
It would be nice of the devs allow us to separate some skills. Not sure if I'll be clear but I'll explain.

I have a ranger alt and I'm absolutely loving it in PVP. But I do PVE as well (Dread Ring/Sharandar).

Aimed Shot/Strike is ALWAYS slotted in my at-will bar, but I alter between Rapid Shot/Strike (PVP) and Split Shot/Strike (PVE)

Thing is, I hate split strike, it's so weak. Could it be possible for example, to use Split Shot and RAPID shot? (Split in Archery and Rapid in comnbat). Without having to take off Aimed Shot because it's the best at-will. Top 3 in the entire game, the damage is just insane.

Another example.... Thorn Ward, it's an awesome attack for Archery, but Thorn Strike it utter garbage, so I'd put another Melee attack instead of Thorn Strike while keeping thorn ward.

Not sure if I was clear here, but this would allow versatility and diversity for Rangers.

Discuss.
Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
Post edited by joocycuzzzzzz on

Comments

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    HR is already OP in PVP. It doesn't need 6 really great encounters on top of everything.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    HR is already OP in PVP. It doesn't need 6 really great encounters on top of everything.

How is it OP? most rangers just sit back in Archery and get proned/CC'ed to death.

The GOOD rangers (Hybrids who don't forget that they have Blades and not just a bow) are a threat yeah, and can be extremely lethal.

But I'm not just talking about PVP here, I'm talking about overall, this would allow more people to enjoy the class.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How is it OP? most rangers just sit back in Archery and get proned/CC'ed to death.

The GOOD rangers (Hybrids who don't forget that they have Blades and not just a bow) are a threat yeah, and can be extremely lethal.

But I'm not just talking about PVP here, I'm talking about overall, this would allow more people to enjoy the class.

hehe, wait for the changes to go live before asking for anything.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

Well obviously any bad player is going to be bad. But it doesn't take much to be able to abuse fox shift, tons of dodges, self healing and a free extra huge dodge, along with tons of damage at range.

In any case, most classes have 3 encounter powers. Even if 1 or 2 HR abilities suck and they will never use them, they still have more. They don't need 6.
  • Options
    b2owb2ow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    EDIT: Since the mods LOVE to use the title change "Power". I'll rephrase.

It would be nice of the devs allow us to separate some skills. Not sure if I'll be clear but I'll explain.

I have a ranger alt and I'm absolutely loving it in PVP. But I do PVE as well (Dread Ring/Sharandar).

Aimed Shot/Strike is ALWAYS slotted in my at-will bar, but I alter between Rapid Shot/Strike (PVP) and Split Shot/Strike (PVE)

Thing is, I hate split strike, it's so weak. Could it be possible for example, to use Split Shot and RAPID shot? (Split in Archery and Rapid in comnbat). Without having to take off Aimed Shot because it's the best at-will. Top 3 in the entire game, the damage is just insane.

Another example.... Thorn Ward, it's an awesome attack for Archery, but Thorn Strike it utter garbage, so I'd put another Melee attack instead of Thorn Strike while keeping thorn ward.

Not sure if I was clear here, but this would allow versatility and diversity for Rangers.

Discuss.

Major changes to Ranger class are coming and in effect now on the Test Shard and Module 3. Damage for Split Shot is reduced 45% and it seems Split the Sky duration is also reduced quite a bit, there may be other changes that don't help the class, but those I did notice. Damage capability of the Ranger is reduced to the point where I will abandon the class unless revissions are made.My ranger on the game server has a perfect weapon enchant and other enchants are level 8 and 9, with the best T2 armor in the game, it won't help, the class is nerfed too severely. I don't PVP and have no interest in PVP and it seems PVP is why ranger is being nerfed, the result is they will no longer be good at PVE either. You all have your opinions and I respect that, just reporting what I have seen.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    b2ow wrote: »
    Major changes to Ranger class are coming and in effect now on the Test Shard and Module 3. Damage for Split Shot is reduced 45% and it seems Split the Sky duration is also reduced quite a bit, there may be other changes that don't help the class, but those I did notice. Damage capability of the Ranger is reduced to the point where I will abandon the class unless revissions are made.My ranger on the game server has a perfect weapon enchant and other enchants are level 8 and 9, with the best T2 armor in the game, it won't help, the class is nerfed too severely. I don't PVP and have no interest in PVP and it seems PVP is why ranger is being nerfed, the result is they will no longer be good at PVE either. You all have your opinions and I respect that, just reporting what I have seen.

Did you notice they recently buffed the class greatly in other areas? 300% for some encounter powers... Buff to thorn ward, like that needed a buff... etc.

Only thing being nerfed is split shot and fox shift, and they're already backing off the fox shift nerf.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Did you notice they recently buffed the class greatly in other areas? 300% for some encounter powers... Buff to thorn ward, like that needed a buff... etc.

Only thing being nerfed is split shot and fox shift, and they're already backing off the fox shift nerf.

Fox shift is not being nerfed, its being REPAIRED! Because it was suposed to hit once a target before and its going to be repaired...

The rework is a buff that make it 33% more damage and capacity to hit same target twice instead of once ( 4 when broken)

I see it as a buff + repair, more than a nerf.
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Fox Shift will also now correctly make you immune while it is activated. No more being CC'd while in the middle of the animation.
  • Options
    b2owb2ow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thank you hamletswords for the update on ranger, you replied to my post. Split Shot was awkward for some purposes (single target),great for AOE effect and high damage. Increasing damage for some encounters or another at will will keep the ranger a viable dps class. I will look for the changes you mentioned next time I log on to the test server. I put perhaps 10 mil AD in my ranger on the game server, others have invested heavily in the class as well. Nerfing it to a support class would upset a lot of people.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Fox Shift will also now correctly make you immune while it is activated. No more being CC'd while in the middle of the animation.

This is HUGE, and I think it will be a game changer.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Please actually read the patch note before spreading wrong information.

300% damage buff is for Slasher's Mark, the new daily of the new paragon - Pathfinder. It was a waste of a daily slot that deals 1-2k damage on a SINGLE target. Therefore, they buffed it, its damage is still not that great though.

Thorn ward does not get any buff, it is thorn strike (its terribad melee version) gets ~40% of base damage buffed.

Fox shift nerf was so bad that it could barely kill a lvl 60 white mob. Thus, they allowed it hit a single target twice.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.