test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some minor improvements...

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a few suggestions that should be relatively simple to implement, but cumulatively would have a big impact on the game's QoL:

1. Add a "collect all" option to the gateway.

2. Standardize all interactive objects that give you quest-related items, so you simply interact w/ said object and the item is placed into your inventory - remove the popup window asking you to take or take all.

3. Increase the stack size for all consumables to be 99 or higher - this includes things like dye packs, and quest items.

4. Allow us to cycle the order in which dye kit colors are applied to gear/fashion items.

5. Allow profession assets & resources to be placed into the personal and guild bank.

6. Add an option so we can "truncate" any extra refinement points that may be left over when refining a rune or enchantment, so that the resulting item can be placed into a stack.

7. Add a few power tray presets so we can easily toggle between a few different power loadouts, (of course these would respect the cooldowns on powers, so trays couldn't be changed if any of the powers you currently have slotted are recharging).

8. Allow weapons to have multiple appearances transmuted onto them - these could be accessed via a dropdown menu, which would allow free switching among any of the appearances applied to said item.

9. One of the reasons (among others) that people prefer augment companions to others, is because the augments can't be killed - I'd like to see non-augments auto-rez after a short time, (perhaps tied to their level in some way).

10. Allow members of a team to set the glowing path to whichever of their missions they want, without it affecting or attempting to share the mission with other teammates - a recent frustration I've had is when I team to run a Dread Ring lair, and my glowing path is set to another quest, and it won't let me change it to the lair quest, so I have to keep referring to the map to find my way.

11. Add a sort of "weighted loot roll" system - where rolling need over and over again lowers your chance of getting subsequent items, so those that just keep choosing "need" will have a cumulatively lower chance to get items as the dungeon progresses. Another option would be to incorporate the voting system into team loot modes, and to include a greed-only option.

Thanks for reading!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Second everything!
    Except the Loot Roll one.
    I've always been a big fan of Individual Loot Drops.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For point #2, I'm referring to things like when you collect food, lumber, or artifacts in Gauntlgrym - I should just interact w/ the object and have the item placed into my inventory - not have to navigate a popup window - that's why I specifically mentioned "quest-related items".

For #10, I'm not referring to sharing a quest - I'm referring to not being able to set the glowing path. Join a team in Dread Ring to do a lair, and if the quest isn't set to the lair you're going to do, and you're not the leader, you cannot change which quest has the glowing path - this can be rather annoying.

The weighted loot rolls is admittedly a long shot - the idea is to "reward" those that don't just keep choosing need on everything - if you only chose greed or pass on stuff, you should sort of be able to "save up" those rolls you could have potentially won for stuff you really did need - perhaps have the weight be proportional to the quality of the item as well, (so someone couldn't just greed/pass all greens and blue to guarantee they win a purple loot roll).

Thank again!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good list!
    All of those ideas have been proposed once or twice or more on this forum, and yes All are good ones. hope the devs can at least try to make some a reality.

Specially powers presets change, 99 items stacks for the main inventory, crafting materials back to guild/bank and the enchantments stacks.

One other thing would be being able to sell (even for 1c)the bound/cant drop/sell items like the seals they make a mess on the currencies slot and cant be even droped.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some good things on the list, but I want to comment on #10. It's only on the quests for the two campaigns (and maybe the Lord Protector ones) that it does this. You can freely change quest paths (except when they bug) on the original quests. It seems fairly certain that the Feywild and Dread Ring quests are bugged due to code being put together quickly in response to the exploiting that took place on Mod1 launch.

I haven't messed with it much in DR, but in Feywild it would let you change the quest tracker even though the error message pops up. However, as I mentioned before, there is a long standing (Beta) bug that effects quests throughout the original map where it becomes impossible to select which one is active. Sometimes you can check the box to force it to display, other times even that won't work.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited April 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Some good things on the list, but I want to comment on #10. It's only on the quests for the two campaigns (and maybe the Lord Protector ones) that it does this. You can freely change quest paths (except when they bug) on the original quests. It seems fairly certain that the Feywild and Dread Ring quests are bugged due to code being put together quickly in response to the exploiting that took place on Mod1 launch.

I haven't messed with it much in DR, but in Feywild it would let you change the quest tracker even though the error message pops up. However, as I mentioned before, there is a long standing (Beta) bug that effects quests throughout the original map where it becomes impossible to select which one is active. Sometimes you can check the box to force it to display, other times even that won't work.

Well, does the bug only affecting the tracking while teamed, because it isn't an issue when solo...
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the entire list except the one on loot. I'm not saying that I dislike it, but only that it's a big deal and any discussion on it should be isolated only to it. That is, it deserves it's own discussion without distraction.

All of the others sound great.

About number 6... How about a new sort of refining stone? A Stone of Pooling. A talisman that automatically catches over-flow, and once fully charged can be used for the value of it's contents, at a rate specific to itself.. that is, it doesn't matter where the points came from or where they are going, it converts them to a new scale.

This would have to be carefully calibrated so that it isn't abused. It is easy to imagine how it could be, with this item being worth more charging that device, and then the over flow being applied in a way that in the end, say, would make the over flow from radiant enchants suddenly more valuable for ranking up artifacts.

Such a stone could either be reusable, or consumable, it really wouldn't matter to me.

Edit: Another possible use for such a stone.. those enchants that won't stack because they already have a few points in them.. could be bled off into this stone, then they would stack as normal...
    edited April 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    I like the entire list except the one on loot. I'm not saying that I dislike it, but only that it's a big deal and any discussion on it should be isolated only to it. That is, it deserves it's own discussion without distraction.

All of the others sound great.

About number 6... How about a new sort of refining stone? A Stone of Pooling. A talisman that automatically catches over-flow, and once fully charged can be used for the value of it's contents, at a rate specific to itself.. that is, it doesn't matter where the points came from or where they are going, it converts them to a new scale.

This would have to be carefully calibrated so that it isn't abused. It is easy to imagine how it could be, with this item being worth more charging that device, and then the over flow being applied in a way that in the end, say, would make the over flow from radiant enchants suddenly more valuable for ranking up artifacts.

Such a stone could either be reusable, or consumable, it really wouldn't matter to me.

Edit: Another possible use for such a stone.. those enchants that won't stack because they already have a few points in them.. could be bled off into this stone, then they would stack as normal...

That's an ingenious idea. It'd be tricky, as you pointed out, to work out the specifics so as to avoid any abuse and so-forth.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Allow stacking of fancy shirt/pants?

Well maybe too few people will benefit from it, but would really like this.

Other than that, how about Rank 20 alchemy contains a task gives the BIS( barely) PVP and PVE pots but they are bind on account/pickup?
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Other than that, how about Rank 20 alchemy contains a task gives the BIS( barely) PVP and PVE pots but they are bind on account/pickup?

I think that's actually a really good idea. Pristine, nicely folded ones, right out of the professions shop should stack.
    They could just make them lose that stackability once posted to the AH or otherwise transferred to another player.
    Like.. only stackable to the player who made them.

Sounds very useful to me, and I can't see why the game-masters would take issue with the idea.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    3. Increase the stack size for all consumables to be 99 or higher - this includes things like dye packs, and quest items.

6. Add an option so we can "truncate" any extra refinement points that may be left over when refining a rune or enchantment, so that the resulting item can be placed into a stack.

Just notations on these two.
    #3 - This could be a limitation of the way the stack gets stored. To save space, they may have used a 1-byte storage, which would limit it to 255 (or 127 if they are using the high bit as a flag). Still, even a jump from 99 to 127 would help a little.

#6 - This could also be a programming thing. When an item is in a stack, it is a 'pattern', not an item... meaning it has no individual qualities that separates it from the 99 others in the stack. Once you add RP, one of the stack of patterns is removed, and a new, 'real item' is created in your inventory, this one with stats (RP, upper limits, etc.) If this is how they are doing it, then even removing the extra RP from the item would still leave it as a 'real item', not a 'pattern', so stacking wouldn't be possible.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a few suggestions that should be relatively simple to implement, but cumulatively would have a big impact on the game's QoL:

1. Add a "collect all" option to the gateway.

2. Standardize all interactive objects that give you quest-related items, so you simply interact w/ said object and the item is placed into your inventory - remove the popup window asking you to take or take all.

4. Allow us to cycle the order in which dye kit colors are applied to gear/fashion items.

5. Allow profession assets & resources to be placed into the personal and guild bank.

7. Add a few power tray presets so we can easily toggle between a few different power loadouts, (of course these would respect the cooldowns on powers, so trays couldn't be changed if any of the powers you currently have slotted are recharging).

8. Allow weapons to have multiple appearances transmuted onto them - these could be accessed via a dropdown menu, which would allow free switching among any of the appearances applied to said item.

9. One of the reasons (among others) that people prefer augment companions to others, is because the augments can't be killed - I'd like to see non-augments auto-rez after a short time, (perhaps tied to their level in some way).

10. Allow members of a team to set the glowing path to whichever of their missions they want, without it affecting or attempting to share the mission with other teammates - a recent frustration I've had is when I team to run a Dread Ring lair, and my glowing path is set to another quest, and it won't let me change it to the lair quest, so I have to keep referring to the map to find my way.

11. Add a sort of "weighted loot roll" system - where rolling need over and over again lowers your chance of getting subsequent items, so those that just keep choosing "need" will have a cumulatively lower chance to get items as the dungeon progresses. Another option would be to incorporate the voting system into team loot modes, and to include a greed-only option.

Thanks for reading!

There is some nice idea there, some of them where already in the QoL suggestion threads, perhaps you would like to have at look at it.
    Ill add the ones that were not on the QoL already :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?646971-List-Community-QoL-Suggestions-amp-Requests
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited April 2014
    I don't know if it qualifies as 'QoL', but I had an idea to make Professions a bit more useful.

I can't remember which game I've seen this in before (could have been Ultima Online, years ago), but you would get a contract request from an NPC. It would as for x number of specific items (sometimes multiple items) of specific quality. When complete, you could turn in the completed contract for a reward (the more difficult the item was to make, the higher the quantity, etc, would pump the reward up). The reward was never enough to justify buying the items off of the Auction house or stores, but *was* worth it to craft on your own.

To solve the issue of storage space, the contract could have items placed in them a few at a time, but never removed (once you added it, it was part of the contract until turned in). You could store the contract, sell them to others (empty, partially filled, or full), etc (in other words, they were not character nor account bound).

Since they already have the mechanics in place for this (thinking RP into Enchantments), this would give people a chance to use up the jillions of resources they may find in their travels. Maybe even a new opportunity for another Profession (Contractor).
    edited April 2014

I don't think they could do this.

For the reasoning why, see my first response further up. Since Fancy Pants/ Shirts are an item (they have stats, can be dyed, etc), they cannot stack. Not to mention, if they made them stackable, people could wear a stack of pants/shirts. Mayhem ensues.

For another possible solution, see my second response, above this one. They could create 'container' items (chests, bags, boxes). They would hold items, such as pants/shirts. When an item was added, it would be changed to a 'pattern', and become generic (losing all dyes, enchantments, etc),. To remove one, you would open the container, and click a UI button to remove the item, which would create the 'item', which would still be a generic shirt/pants, as if it was just made from the Profession.

Issues with this:
    1) Since PWE sells items for storage, this takes away from their business model. You would need a reeeeeeal good game reason to add this feature. (Maybe for generic, unrefined enchants/runestones).
    2) Some poor schmoe is gonna add their (specially dyed, named, 'My First Fancy Pants', 'I Survived Caturday' shirt) to the box, and turn it generic, which will BE ALL PWE's FAULT FOR NOT KNOWING THE PERSON DIDN'T KNOW!!!! The Customer Service nightmare awaits.
    3) The more intricate a system is, the more the chance for abuse/scam/exploits. Someone will find a way to over stuff a bag, make the counter go haywire, and get infinite Fancy Pants/Shirts. Just a matter of when. And **YOUR** request will be why the economy collapses!!!

Ahem. But hey! More inventory for non-Fancy Pants/Shirts!!!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nevermind, shouldnt post while half asleep. I end up just misreading stuff.
    edited April 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    I don't think they could do this.

For the reasoning why, see my first response further up. Since Fancy Pants/ Shirts are an item (they have stats, can be dyed, etc), they cannot stack. Not to mention, if they made them stackable, people could wear a stack of pants/shirts. Mayhem ensues.

For another possible solution, see my second response, above this one. They could create 'container' items (chests, bags, boxes). They would hold items, such as pants/shirts. When an item was added, it would be changed to a 'pattern', and become generic (losing all dyes, enchantments, etc),. To remove one, you would open the container, and click a UI button to remove the item, which would create the 'item', which would still be a generic shirt/pants, as if it was just made from the Profession.

Issues with this:
    1) Since PWE sells items for storage, this takes away from their business model. You would need a reeeeeeal good game reason to add this feature. (Maybe for generic, unrefined enchants/runestones).
    2) Some poor schmoe is gonna add their (specially dyed, named, 'My First Fancy Pants', 'I Survived Caturday' shirt) to the box, and turn it generic, which will BE ALL PWE's FAULT FOR NOT KNOWING THE PERSON DIDN'T KNOW!!!! The Customer Service nightmare awaits.
    3) The more intricate a system is, the more the chance for abuse/scam/exploits. Someone will find a way to over stuff a bag, make the counter go haywire, and get infinite Fancy Pants/Shirts. Just a matter of when. And **YOUR** request will be why the economy collapses!!!

Ahem. But hey! More inventory for non-Fancy Pants/Shirts!!!

Not really, look at enchantments. Lets say you have one with 301 refining points and one with 0 refining points. All the enchants with 0 refining points are able to stack and they don't stack with enchants with other properties (such as refining points). Also, when you "equip" your enchant from a stack of 99, you don't equip 99 of them, you only equip 1.

Now, cryptic might have to spend some time recoding fancy shirts and pants and that might be too much work them but I'm saying there is a precedent for this and it is working properly
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, does the bug only affecting the tracking while teamed, because it isn't an issue when solo...

I mostly remember it when teamed up, but can't say exactly for sure. It was a big annoyance for me last Summer when I was always leveling up my characters with a friend. The latest chars all pretty much soloed and as my last run through of the quest line was my tenth, I really don't worry about breadcrumb trails so much any more.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited April 2014
    The comment about wearing a stack of pants was jest. As for the rest, I said that IF that is how they did it, then it likely wouldn't work. Maybe it would. We don't know. You, of course, are free to continue requesting that. I hope they can help you out!
    edited April 2014
    The comment about wearing a stack of pants was jest. As for the rest, I said that IF that is how they did it, then it likely wouldn't work. Maybe it would. We don't know. You, of course, are free to continue requesting that. I hope they can help you out!

I believe there are too few people who benefit from this for them to prioritize it.

Sadly, I am one of the few people who would benefit greatly....and those who are into high-end crafting know what I'm talking about
    edited April 2014
    With the sheer cost of getting the Mithral Assets needed to essentially guarantee success, I would think its a select group. Trying to convince myself that its worth the Zen, after spending all that time leveling all of the Professions to 20.

They might go for the container idea... though it does bite into their business model.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with everything the OP says, except #11. Neverwinter needs to take the "individual loot drops" from Skirmishes and apply it to Dungeons as well. No more loot rolling whatsoever, everyone needs to get their own individual drops - including the boss drops. If this means reviewing the droprate for things, then so be it.
    edited April 2014
    I agree with everything the OP says, except #11. Neverwinter needs to take the "individual loot drops" from Skirmishes and apply it to Dungeons as well. No more loot rolling whatsoever, everyone needs to get their own individual drops - including the boss drops. If this means reviewing the droprate for things, then so be it.

My hope is that being able to get a dungeon delve key whenever you want will alleviate things somewhat, come module 3. That being said, I doubt we'll see individual drops since that'd basically result in potentially 5 times as many epic items entering the market. I think that offering a choice of 3 pieces of armor when that comes up in the dungeon delve chest was the right direction to go, and would like to see it revisited - so give a choice of 1 of 3 rings, belts, necklaces, and so forth, if they are what comes up.
    edited April 2014
    With the sheer cost of getting the Mithral Assets needed to essentially guarantee success, I would think its a select group. Trying to convince myself that its worth the Zen, after spending all that time leveling all of the Professions to 20.

They might go for the container idea... though it does bite into their business model.

It is a very select group which is why i don't think catering to me and a few others is worth their time.

By the way, this select group has more than 4x mithral tools. If you were crafting merely 1 shirt/pants per 12 hours, you wouldn't have this problem. Crafting 24 of them per 12hours on the other hand.....
  • ameliashellieameliashellie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sometime while working with Windows apps a common error denoting olmapi32 dll error flash infornt of you . Olmapi32 dll file is an essential file format that is required for proper working of application . Some due to incompatibility issues with two olmapi32 dll files of two other application can cause troubles. If Outlook's olmapi32 dll error cause trouble then it is best to easy fix olmapi32 dll error with .pst repair tool.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Very simple to implement; a toggle to allow:forbid which categoty of people cam pm you: any 'including the chinese farmers), guildies, friend list, party.
    So far the vast majority of mail we're getting is this:

Subject: Hey friend
    [GGÀTM•ÇÓM]
    1M Astral Ðiamοnd ≈ 9U`sd.
    [GGÀTM•ÇÓM]
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You know what could be cool also, the wealth tab of the inventory to be generalized to the account, so that every toon could share gold and seals; since AD and zen can, pretty much, be traded between charas there s really no reason why we can t with all the other stuff. Of course rough AD should be individual to each character since they have a refinement limit per day, but for the rest of the things...