test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hard numbers

magenubbiemagenubbie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,344 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Thieves' Den
So, in view of mod3 I've dusted off my old WK TR (no perma stealth) to see what it's still capable of. I've got the skills and boons and all set up as I want them. It's the stats I'm looking at.

A quick overview:
3600 power
4800 Crit (comes down to 49.6%)
1500 recovery and
2100 arm pen, 2400 life steal and some other stats which I'm not too worried about

I've seen a lot of talk about diminishing returns and all that, but unless the search option is broken (or I'm just blind) I can't find any hard numbers to focus on. So my question comes down to this:
In PvE, are there any hard targets to aim for when it comes to crit? I've seen different values for different classes, but I can't seem to find the ones for TR. Is it worth swapping crit for power with these numbers and if so, what should I be aiming for? And yes, before you say it, I'll probably swap some life steal for arm pen to max that at 2400ish since I barely require pots anyway. It's the crit vs power numbers that concerns me atm.

Any words of advise?
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

-Still waiting for the "multiple double AD events" promised on Aug 5th, 2015-

No real hamsters were intentionally hurt in creating this post. It has been 0 day(s) without incidents and counting
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Truth be told i dont really know but ppl want to have at least 50% crit chance.
    I will tell u my example.
    I had
    3200 power and +5000 crit that gave me something like 53% crit chance then i changed to
    6400 power and 3200 crit and i had 49-50% crit chance so by doing math i have
    3200 power ~ 133 dmg more and 3% crit less
    i think we have 900-1000 dmg from daggers plus power i had so its 1033-1133 dmg
    then 133 we get insted of crit is 133/(1033 - 1133) ~ 12%
    so insted of 3% crit i got + 12% more dmg
    i felt this 12% more than 3% crit

I will also write u stat numbers for PVE that u can find in any TR pve build posted on forum
    ArP 2540 for a total def reduction
    crit 50% since u just need dex and main set to have this
    Recovery i have this less than 2k since more doesnt do much
    Everything else goes into power since u dont need anything else
    there was also a diminishing returns table posted in estena tr build
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think DR for Crit starts around 3k and starts to flatline over 3.6k. My rogue has 3.5k - MI with Skillful and campfire buff I've got 49.8% crit. DR for Life Steal is supposed to be around 1.5k. That's what I've got and along with Endless Consumption is all I need. Either I'm getting damaged too quickly and need to get take defensive measures or I'm at or close to full health. Running PF, the two servitors can attack me while I deal with the Phylactery and my health bar doesn't drop. Obviously in group PVE it's not quite that effective. Assuming you're concerned with PVE, I'd go with getting your armor pen to 24%, dropping crit to 3.5k, LS to 1.5k and going power as much as you can.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tittlemcgrittletittlemcgrittle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So this should help you out with the numbers. Dimishing Returns Graph At some point it just isn't viable to stack one stat because you get so little from it.
  • tittlemcgrittletittlemcgrittle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I've seen the calculator. Great work on it. But if I learned one thing it's that diminishing returns isn't always the same as not worth getting. The fact it's harder to get to 50% crit doesn't mean it's not worth it per se. That's why I was asking for hard numbers regardless of the diminishing returns. Seems they are more or less the same here and I failed to realize that. You learn something every day :)

Ok so here's the thing. ArP you want 24% boss mobs in PVE have 24% Mitigation, you want to negate that entirely 2540 rating for a TR, Crit rating has a pretty harsh diminishing return after about 2000 rating I wouldn't go any higher then 2500 rating unless it's because you're wearing full swashbuckler's. Enja's example of 3200 more power is actuall 3200/25 = 128 more damage. But they didn't factor in that gets added directly to weapon damage then increased by a multiplier for your encounter powers increasing your overall damage. HP is almost always the best defensive stat in any game
  • jinadujinadu Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2014
    Way too much crit strike dude... With 1.1k crit in PVP I have 45% chance.

Lower your crit strike and put about 300-400 of it into Armour pen.
    And your life steal is a bit too high too... I'd say 2k max if I am honest, especially if you have the last boon from Dread ring 'Endless Consumption'.

Have around 2500-3500 crit max, the rest of it put into power.
    More crit chance will come from your feats, ability score and consumables such as the campfire bonus and potion of heroism.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am curious as to how you have 45% chance with only 1.1k crit? looking at the tool tip this is what i see

5 base
    dex stat over 10
    feats
    crit formula

lets say you have 27 dex and both the Weapon Mastery and Critical Teamwork feats.

5+17+8 + crit formula = 30+formula
    the formulat for 1.1 = is 8.77 (lets round to 9 for simplicity)

so total 39. Am I missing a feat somewhere that would give the other 6?