test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shocking Execution damage way out of bounds?

Comments

• kaicrimkaicrim Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    ...never mind. It already hits for 150k. :D:D:D

http://youtu.be/PW1k8OXBbHQ

There's already another vid somewhere in the first few pages showcasing a higher damage done barring the fact that both of these ofcourse are staged.

Well, Shocking Execution's damage for the average TRs should really be doing respectable damage. I even think they should buff the damage lol. The name itself, Shocking Execution, should instill shock and it is an execution afterall.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fox Cunning does not dodge SE. Marauder's is not a dodge, you only go out of range, and once the TR is in range again, he/she can use SE on you.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shunterino wrote: »
    Thank you for posting these results. I'd say the figures you got are about what I see when playing. Judging by these numbers SE doesn't need any changing. As far as I can see it's WAI.

Obviously other feats and powers may affect the amount of damage, but in order to get up to the 25k+ damage being reported you would need an additional 150% crit severity. Kind of unlikely even with a p.vorp.

I realise your testing isn't conclusive, but I would point out that despite all the claims of being one-shotted from 80% that have been flying about of late nobody has posted any actual proof of this. Yours is about the only data that anyone's put up and it's well below the 22-24k you were talking about in your earlier posts.

Yeah, well, I'm not "out to nerf TRs or something". It's just that this skill is acting kinda strangely sometimes, maybe we should see what exactly is up with it :) What rustlord said a few posts above probably accounts for some of the observed behavior.

Previous numbers (22-24K on almost full HP) were from a different test with a TR that had Perfect Vorpal. In pure 1vs1 testing conditions, 24K was the most I've been hit with. His non crits were around 10K.

These 2 TRs I am talking about have VERY different builds. The P/Vorpal guy runs a Deflect build of sorts, while the P/Bile guy runs pretty much the classical semiperma/ITC thing. The difference between their SE numbers is quite significant, pretty much double the damage for the Deflect/P.Vorpal build.

Now, in a random match before I did any testing match, while being alone 1vs1 with a TR on point, he SEed me for 30K after just the usual CoS spam TRs do. That was all the damage I too and it didn't take more then 4K HP from my 35. This is the most I've been hit with SE while high at HP. Happened only once. I really dunno why it hit so hard, maybe it had full R10s, maybe full PvE build, maybe he drank all the elixirs in the AH - I really didn't check.

All in all, this skill acts quite curiously and I will try to test it a few more times if given the opportunity and post results.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kaicrim wrote: »
    There's already another vid somewhere in the first few pages showcasing a higher damage done barring the fact that both of these ofcourse are staged.

Well, Shocking Execution's damage for the average TRs should really be doing respectable damage. I even think they should buff the damage lol. The name itself, Shocking Execution, should instill shock and it is an execution afterall.

Great. So I'll change my TR's name to "Oneshot", and the developers will allow me to one-shot my opponents?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited March 2014
    Great. So I'll change my TR's name to "Oneshot", and the developers will allow me to one-shot my opponents?

Haha, well that's what we all called the AWP in Counterstrike, "Oneshot", since it did kill peeps with just one shot 99% of the time.

Though I'd rather change my TR's name to "Immortal" so I'll be able to facetank anything lol.

But seriously, a rework of all existing dailies (buff all damages to 'daily tier') as to make a clear distinction to their damage compared to encounters and at-wills would be nice. And ofcourse, not to sound like a broken record or something (lol), rework all at-wills, encounters, dailies to be dodgeable and add i-frames to specific skills to add utility. And most of all... a rework of the combat system which would mean taking the existing lock-on mechanism and all the red tell-marks / signs that mobs, bosses, and player skills telegraph and removing them entirely. This would absolutely make the game a hundred times more engaging, skill-based, and most of all - fun. (this paragraph is offtopic... but yeah lol)
  • bonusitembonusitem Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shunterino wrote: »
    I checked jerkface vids and they're all staged, debuffed SE at well below 50% HP.

No, they are not "staged". You have no idea what you are talking about.

Another thing, all the rogues that are calling out "I want video proof!". Whey you show them the video proof, they just claim it's "staged".
    edited March 2014
    bonusitem wrote: »
    No, they are not "staged". You have no idea what you are talking about.

Another thing, all the rogues that are calling out "I want video proof!". Whey you show them the video proof, they just claim it's "staged".

I'm sorry, I musta missed it. Please point me to the vid proof of someone actively defending himself against SE, so I can observe how people are dodging something that is physically impossible to dodge.

...did I mention Shox even kills Bloodbath, a power that turns your TR invincible to safely land attacks in the midst of AoE attacks?
    edited March 2014
    I'm sorry, I musta missed it. Please point me to the vid proof of someone actively defending himself against SE, so I can observe how people are dodging something that is physically impossible to dodge.

...did I mention Shox even kills Bloodbath, a power that turns your TR invincible to safely land attacks in the midst of AoE attacks?

Check the post again.

bonusitem was referring to the "I want video proof of SE's OP damage" thingy and obviously not the videos of anyone dodging SE.

There has been no videos posted showing anyone evading SE. And besides, if anybody does post a video of a 'staged' method of dodging SE, it would still be proof that it is dodgeable (though it would most likely be a method that does not involve the standard dodging mechanic and therefore wouldn't be applicable to all classes).
  • schandi23schandi23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I never thought SE can crit this high but u have to admit, he gets all the debuffs he can get from other players and he was actually at 10% at this point i dosen't matter if SE crit with 20k or 200k the result is the same...target is dead....
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be honest, there are a few high end PvPers with very good ELO (hence mostly meeting other worthy teams in full 5vs5 PMvsPM) streaming these days.

You should hear the QQ in voicechat from the very Shocking Exec. using TRs when they get shocked themselves :) It's hilarious.

Quite self-explanatory what most TRs actually think about it.

Same QQ goes for Emblems (after they just used theirs...), GWFs (even as they run with 1-2 most times), permas (even as they are full fotm permaITC themselves) and so on. Even CWs seem to be OP to some people if they dare land a shard combo or even jump around too much...

"If I use OP stuff, it's OK".

"If this other guy uses it against me, he has nolife, he's a creditcardwarrior, he has no skills, his healer/emblem saves him or I would've killed him, he's a coward running for pots, he uses game bugs, he has a glitched race/char/build" and I can go on and on.
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    To be honest, there are a few high end PvPers with very good ELO (hence mostly meeting other worthy teams in full 5vs5 PMvsPM) streaming these days.

You should hear the QQ in voicechat from the very Shocking Exec. using TRs when they get shocked themselves :) It's hilarious.

Quite self-explanatory what most TRs actually think about it.

Same QQ goes for Emblems (after they just used theirs...), GWFs (even as they run with 1-2 most times), permas (even as they are full fotm permaITC themselves) and so on. Even CWs seem to be OP to some people if they dare land a shard combo or even jump around too much...

"If I use OP stuff, it's OK".

"If this other guy uses it against me, he has nolife, he's a creditcardwarrior, he has no skills, his healer/emblem saves him or I would've killed him, he's a coward running for pots, he uses game bugs, he has a glitched race/char/build" and I can go on and on.

Cowards running for pots are annoying. Not only because they deny me my rightful kill, but because they are usually hurting their own team in the process just so they can look good on a kill board. There are exceptions were running and grabbing a pot is better for your team than dieing, but the guys that do it tactically aren't the ones I am referring to.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tactical retreat is one way to win a battle if it's uneven. The only two situations I wouldn't disengage from a fight is if:

1. I would be leaving a teammate to die.
    2. I have my healing artifact off cooldown.

If there's two of you, I'd kill the weaker one before retreating, healing up, and coming back to kill you too. If we're doing 1v1 near a potion area, I'd keep my eye on it, grab it first just so you don't get it. It's not like I could tell you in battle "hey we're not grabbing pots, alright?"

I think every soft class deserves a pass from running to a potion now and then (CW/HR/TR)... It just becomes ludicrous O.O moment when the DC or GWF does it. You know you agree xD
  • mentaltelepathymentaltelepathy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shocking execution is way over the top. It needs a nerf. No question!
  • bonusitembonusitem Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    I think every soft class deserves a pass from running to a potion now and then (CW/HR/TR)... It just becomes ludicrous O.O moment when the DC or GWF does it. You know you agree xD

I disagree. Since the latest nerf patch, GWFs do not heal like they used to by any stretch. Regen, Unstoppable healing, and artifacts don't do much at all - not even emblems since good teams will stop hitting you.

Have you played a GWF recently? There are times where I have to grab a health potion.

But for some reason, so many rogues just go invisible at 10% health and run away to get a health pot every time at the detriment of their own team. Doesn't matter if they are fighting their home point or if it costs the game, they can't stand to think that they might have a death on the leader board.

So I made a rogue just to see what it was like... and my expectation of EZ mode was not even close. It is so ridiculous EZ mode, that it's a joke. Wow. When I fought bosses, I just stunned them and didn't even get hit one time before they were dead in like 5 seconds. Most of the time, at-wills just killed everything in 2 or 3 shots.

So I look up the best build out there:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?596611-Snow-Perma-Stealth-build-%28PvP%29

And if you look, it just goes into a jerkface troll of nasty insults and "you stole my rogue build" and "I am better than you - 1vs1 me!" for 14 pages... just classic rogue all over it.

Any character that has an "I win" button (Shocking Execution) that kills almost anything at 50% health, invisible (and can do extra damage while invisible), god mode invulnerable (ITC), immune to all CCs with their at-will, and can stun or lock you out of all your abilities every few seconds and complains that they are going to quit the game because they aren't op enough, is exactly the EZ mode insanity I see from most rogues.

You know why rogues hated the last patch? Because they couldn't stealth and hide behind a column to regen all their health back to full. So many of them threatened to quit instead of actually playing the game using skill.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?624451-Perma-Stealth-Feedback-Discussion

Shocking execution is, by far, the most OP daily in the whole game... and it's not dodgable, ignores all mitigation, ignores Tenacity, and can be delivered while invisible. It has taken my 40k health down from 80% to 5% in one single shot with no other player around - many times. It needs a nerf. It's way over the top. Any argument against this is insane.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I made a rogue just to see what it was like... and my expectation of EZ mode was not even close. It is so ridiculous EZ mode, that it's a joke. Wow. When I fought bosses, I just stunned them and didn't even get hit one time before they were dead in like 5 seconds. Most of the time, at-wills just killed everything in 2 or 3 shots.
    the only stun that works on bosses is the frost weapon enchant
    Any character that has an "I win" button (Shocking Execution) that kills almost anything at 50% health, invisible (and can do extra damage while invisible), god mode invulnerable (ITC), immune to all CCs with their at-will, and can stun or lock you out of all your abilities every few seconds and complains that they are going to quit the game because they aren't op enough, is exactly the EZ mode insanity I see from most rogues.
    execution may be a nigh-guaranteed death, but more often than not a hunter will spam disruptive shot and guardians/gwf's spam prones which gives more than enough time to kill the rogue usually. main reason it actually connects is because people aren't paying attention to the rogue or it's done from stealth.

a rogue's god-mode is almost purely exclusive to perma's as combat rogues rarely use that stealth bonus. also, i still think high-end gwf's r far more god-mode than a 4 sec ability because the good gwf's simply don't die except by a rogue.

as for duelist flurry........u do know that's rarely reliable? immunity kicks in on the 3rd hit and can easily be negated by walking away from the 1st 2 hits or cc'ing us then.

we also don't have such convenient stuns. if u get hit by a dazing strike (about 9s cooldown) which is ridiculously easy to avoid then that's sad. every time that skill hit me only occurred because i have to deal with multiple people at once as a rogue/cleric and i still dodge it most of the time. smoke bomb (about 14s cooldown) will likely only catch rogues, gwf's, and guardians which all but guardians can deal with. dazes won't cancel a guardian's block so if he had it up prior to being dazed so it's not very effective. impact shot stun is purely from stealth and it's no longer a dps skill so meh. pretty sure guardians/gwf's have far less cooldowns on their prones than we do on stuns.
    You know why rogues hated the last patch? Because they couldn't stealth and hide behind a column to regen all their health back to full. So many of them threatened to quit instead of actually playing the game using skill.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?624451-Perma-Stealth-Feedback-Discussion

Shocking execution is, by far, the most OP daily in the whole game... and it's not dodgable, ignores all mitigation, ignores Tenacity, and can be delivered while invisible. It has taken my 40k health down from 80% to 5% in one single shot with no other player around - many times. It needs a nerf. It's way over the top. Any argument against this is insane.

we hated the last patch because we lost 1 of our main dps skills, which prior to patch was crucial in actually killing wizards/hunters. however, tenacity over-nerfed wizards cc and gwf's crying got roots nerfed as well so it kinda canceled out the need of a ranged dps skill. before the patch, a single wizard could push me half-way across the map and i had to either choose between dying by attempting to run after them or running to rebuild my stealth meter for another lashing. recently got knocked back like 3 steps from a wizards and i was kinda shocked that this is what became of their repel that we dreaded. y need pre-patch impact shot if no ranged class can actually escape our melee range?

as for our daily, u r talking about rare instances of high damage that has not been backed by proof. also, it's not purely the daily doing all that damage as that is impossible. let's see:
    • 75% base crit severity
    • 25% crit severity from stealth
    • 30% crit severity after every other critical (yes, consecutive criticals will just use up the buff without re-applying it). also, the 30% is calculated after actual severity so it's technically a 30% dps boost to the final damage number or at least i think it is.
    • 15% crit severity from flurry
    • 50% severity from vorpal

all that adds up to 165% or 195% crit severity on top of our combat advantage damage which is around like another 20% + however our feat adds into it. 18.5% tenacity, if it does work on execution, nerfs severity down to 134.475% or 158.925%. regardless, our actual potential damage modifiers r high even if tenacity affects us.

considering the base 10k that some have provided, those calcs should come out to either 24,842.63 if the 30% feat is a final modifer or 21,102.38 if not. with combat advantage, this probably goes up to 25,322.865 or 29,811.15

of course, all of those dps buffs being active at the same time is quite rare and those base 10k hits r only doable by power-stacking rogues probably.
    edited April 2014
    ...execution may be a nigh-guaranteed death, but more often than not a hunter will spam disruptive shot and guardians/gwf's spam prones which gives more than enough time to kill the rogue usually. main reason it actually connects is because people aren't paying attention to the rogue or it's done from stealth.

So I'm still waiting for someone to show me a living example of how "people who are paying attention" denies Shox and simply escapes from it in the middle of combat.
    edited April 2014
    So I'm still waiting for someone to show me a living example of how "people who are paying attention" denies Shox and simply escapes from it in the middle of combat.

never said they escape from it. i said that it's actually very frequent for everyone to cc us if we attempt to use it and can potentially kill us b4 we get a chance to use it.

i have been delayed for over 10 seconds by hunters/gwf's/guardians simply because i kept trying to "get back up and use execution"

at least a few of those seconds could have been better spent using encounters instead >.>
    edited April 2014
    the only stun that works on bosses is the frost weapon enchant[

I'm talking about while leveling. Not 5 man dungeons. I have not run 5 man dungeons on this new rogue yet. Still, it was insanely easy mode. It was an eye opener.
    execution may be a nigh-guaranteed death, but more often than not a hunter will spam disruptive shot and guardians/gwf's spam prones which gives more than enough time to kill the rogue usually. main reason it actually connects is because people aren't paying attention to the rogue or it's done from stealth.

#1. No one has shown any proof that SE can be dodged or escaped.

#2. You are talking about a 3-5 vs 1 situation, in which most of the time they wind up chasing around just looking for the invisible rogue. And exactly, he does it while he is invisible. My point exactly.

Furthermore, 3 or 4 players should always be able to kill 1 player. But not when they can't see them or they are completely invulnerable to damage (god mode).
    a rogue's god-mode is almost purely exclusive to perma's

I was talking about perma-stealth in my post. In PvP, it's always a perma-stealth or at least semi-perma.
    we also don't have such convenient stuns. if u get hit by a dazing strike (about 9s cooldown) which is ridiculously easy to avoid then that's sad. every time that skill hit me only occurred because i have to deal with multiple people at once as a rogue/cleric and i still dodge it most of the time. smoke bomb (about 14s cooldown) will likely only catch rogues, gwf's, and guardians which all but guardians can deal with. dazes won't cancel a guardian's block so if he had it up prior to being dazed so it's not very effective. impact shot stun is purely from stealth and it's no longer a dps skill so meh. pretty sure guardians/gwf's have far less cooldowns on their prones than we do on stuns.

So because there are a very few counters, it's not convenient? How about add in invisible and ITC to that mix? Add in bleeds and poison that tick while the rogue is running around invisible.

Furthermore, "smoke bomb only catches rogues, gwf's, and guardians"? Not only is that most of the population, but how about cleric healers or CWs on a node? And then don't forget invisible and ITC.
    we hated the last patch because we lost 1 of our main dps skills

And rogues are the most OP class by far in PvP. With the nerf to healing and regen, rogues can whittle away a target's health down to half using bilethorn while invisible and then just SE.
    as for our daily, u r talking about rare instances of high damage that has not been backed by proof. also, it's not purely the daily doing all that damage as that is impossible.

Here it is again. There is a ton of proof in this thread. There are videos, live feeds, image captures, and testimonies from reliable top players (some being rogues themselves). How much more proof do you want? I'm sure the devs can do a database search and see the accurate numbers for themselves.

And to be clear, I'm not asking to nerf the other aspect of rogues. Only saying that adding a "I win" one shot button into that whole mix is insane and will diminish the player base in PvP. Shocking execution is ridiculously over powered and rogues know this.
    edited April 2014
    #1. No one has shown any proof that SE can be dodged or escaped.

#2. You are talking about a 3-5 vs 1 situation, in which most of the time they wind up chasing around just looking for the invisible rogue. And exactly, he does it while he is invisible. My point exactly.

Furthermore, 3 or 4 players should always be able to kill 1 player. But not when they can't see them or they are completely invulnerable to damage (god mode).

I was talking about perma-stealth in my post. In PvP, it's always a perma-stealth or at least semi-perma.
    so your real issue is permas and not our daily? we can all agree that perma is overpowered and there is no denying that, but don't forget that the non-permas that some of us are and everyone wants us to become are gonna be focus-fired ALL THE TIME. if a rogue can't handle 2-3 vs 1 then the rogue is simply not gonna do much in pvp as that's what all non-permas deal with.
    So because there are a very few counters, it's not convenient? How about add in invisible and ITC to that mix? Add in bleeds and poison that tick while the rogue is running around invisible.

Furthermore, "smoke bomb only catches rogues, gwf's, and guardians"? Not only is that most of the population, but how about cleric healers or CWs on a node? And then don't forget invisible and ITC.
    counters? i meant that our stuns r almost useless as no ranged class is gonna get hit by dazing or smoke bomb. clerics either dodge, which some specs can do a lot, or they just walk out in 2 seconds while u r incapable of meleeing a moving target. also, rogues/gwf's have immunity and guardians can keep blocking while dazed so it's pointless on them. i actually laugh when rogues try to use it on me as it's really just gonna make me use ITC while i continue killing a cleric or whatever and ignore the rogue until i am ready to kill him.

also, i have never seen a wizard sit on a node. if they do, they will die in seconds as they lack the tankiness to stand there with us melees.
    And rogues are the most OP class by far in PvP. With the nerf to healing and regen, rogues can whittle away a target's health down to half using bilethorn while invisible and then just SE.
    again, your issue is permas
    Here it is again. There is a ton of proof in this thread. There are videos, live feeds, image captures, and testimonies from reliable top players (some being rogues themselves). How much more proof do you want? I'm sure the devs can do a database search and see the accurate numbers for themselves.

And to be clear, I'm not asking to nerf the other aspect of rogues. Only saying that adding a "I win" one shot button into that whole mix is insane and will diminish the player base in PvP. Shocking execution is ridiculously over powered and rogues know this.

yeah, there is tons of proof of videos on debuffed targets to boost the dps to insanely high levels. i think only persephone provided proof on a non-debuffed target.

and it doesn't always work out to an "I Win" button if the opposing team is smart enough to keep the rogue down 1st. permas actually have the highest success rate since there is no anticipating it.

i don't mind if it can be dodged as it's true purpose is to kill gwfs whom are incapable of dodging. it's a waste on anyone else as whirlwind of blades tends to be far more effective when dealing with multiple people.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    considering the base 10k that some have provided, those calcs should come out to either 24,842.63 if the 30% feat is a final modifer or 21,102.38 if not. with combat advantage, this probably goes up to 25,322.865 or 29,811.15
    That 'base' damage of 11.5k was dealt on a GWF with unstoppable with over 50% hp as a non-crit in a normal fight situation. I do not question your calculation, but this shows only that too many things add up here. It is obvious that 25k-30k is a too high spike damage for a daily in PvP.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shocking execution will be balanced in it's current form when perma stealth is removed.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Nope, there isn't a ton of proof. There isn't any proof infact. Lots of claims and people throwing out unsubstantiated claims, but no actual vids of 80% health targets being shoxed for 30k+ damage, just people saying it happened and then ranting about it.

Persephone did a test and came up with pretty reasonable numbers that show it's pretty much WAI.

That's not to say there isn't a bug or issue that makes SE act weird at times or do big numbers under specific circumstances, this is Cryptic, bugs are everywhere, but it isn't a common problem that happens all the time. If you feel otherwise please link to a video that demonstrates your claims. Telling us others have proven it but you haven't got time to find the link or you can't remember where you saw it is of no use to anyone.
  • asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't know why people keep saying SE can't be escaped. Dodged, maybe not, but I'm being frequently interrupted mid-cast, both in PvP and PvE...
    edited April 2014
    asthazarf wrote: »
    I don't know why people keep saying SE can't be escaped. Dodged, maybe not, but I'm being frequently interrupted mid-cast, both in PvP and PvE...

You wanna compare your "frequent" interruptions, against the frequency of people getting hit by it without any hopes of any means of defense?

Remember. As a TR you only remember the time your most trusty power failed, maybe once in a while... and simply tend to wipe from memory all the gazillion instances it hits square without any problems at all.

Nothing strange. Simple human psyche.

I can guarantee if you actually try keeping track of success/failures, those hard facts will tell you just how "frequently" you are interrupted. It's the same as someone trying to lose weight. Nobody really remembers accurately just how much they've taken in calories, until you start keeping records. Then you realize you're actually eating a lot more than you thought -- hence why you don't lose weight ;)
    edited April 2014
    You wanna compare your "frequent" interruptions, against the frequency of people getting hit by it without any hopes of any means of defense?

Remember. As a TR you only remember the time your most trusty power failed, maybe once in a while... and simply tend to wipe from memory all the gazillion instances it hits square without any problems at all.

Nothing strange. Simple human psyche.

I can guarantee if you actually try keeping track of success/failures, those hard facts will tell you just how "frequently" you are interrupted. It's the same as someone trying to lose weight. Nobody really remembers accurately just how much they've taken in calories, until you start keeping records. Then you realize you're actually eating a lot more than you thought -- hence why you don't lose weight ;)

that highly depends on the enemy team composition and their tactics

guardian fighters tend to follow me, but after realizing how mobile i am they either give up chasing me while i am chasing ranged dps or keep meddling in my fight whenever they get in range. when they are in range, they can easily delay u for 10 seconds if u keep trying to use a daily instead of dodging the very instant u get up as ITC will likely get interrupted too (and this is if u can even dodge b4 the next prone).

most hunters don't even use disruptive shot. some will spam it every chance they get. others will save it and then spam it the moment u try to use a daily on them. a single hunter also delayed me for at least 6-10 seconds due to my ITC being on cooldown already. even if i execute during ITC, disruptive shot will still cancel it but not stun me because the interrupt goes through immunity for some reason.

wizards, i agree, will most likely never interrupt it in time and if they do, we have ITC.

clerics need to be able to switch to divinity quickly and sunburst but that is so short of a delay that it can't be considered unless their team follows-up on it.

gwf's almost never interrupt me but we tend to not be in each other's face unless necessary. gwf's simply chase other classes more frequently instead of rogues.

basically, it's up to the hunters/guardians/gwf's to keep a rogue from using it and those that prioritize rogues will do so.
  • ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2014
    It is broken no matter how hard TRs deny it. You WILL get nerfed, it is not supposed to scale so much and it is not supposed to ignore tenacity. Judging from the past experiences where a bunch of TRs absolutely bombarded the forums with QQ about GWF and the Sent Skills got nerfed/are getting nerfed further in Mod3, I believe we should never let this issue die until the daily is fixed and so is the darned bugged perma stealth build. Justice must be served and nobody must be overpowered by default of class choice in pvp.
  • bobiwanbobiwan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ipwnu1 wrote: »
    It is not supposed to ignore tenacity.
    The skill flat says in description that it ignores all defenses.
    That means all damage reduction, including tenacity. You take the DR avoidance away from that skill and it is flat useless, lashing blade, wicked reminder, heck even dazing strike out-damages it. Are you actually not understanding there are other dailies, and even encounters, we have access to far more vicious at that point?
    Will you ever stop screaming for nerfs for the class designed for single-target damage, exclusively, for... doing decent single-target damage?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bobiwan wrote: »
    The skill flat says in description that it ignores all defenses.

I am pretty sure that means an individual character's defenses. Tenacity was a global defense buff so it is entirely up to the Devs to decide whether a single skill should ignore it. Also tooltips have been known not to have been properly updated for ages........
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure it's been mentioned already in this thread, but rogues have the worst AP generation. It was actually shocking (pun intended) coming from a cw to a rogue and not being able to use dailies very often at all.

Basically in 1 game, I may be able to use SE 3 or 4 times, but it's not always the best one to use, so in reality I use SE roughly 1 or 2 times a game.

When you get hit with it, you're going to remember it for sure, but it's not a frequent thing at all, especially compared to my CW who can Ice Knife pretty much every fight or every other fight.

If you don't play a TR, it's going to seem like rogues are running around with this I-win button all the time, when really we're not. If you get hit by it, that's only because you had the misfortune of being lowish around a rogue who happened to have AP already generated.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure it's been mentioned already in this thread, but rogues have the worst AP generation. It was actually shocking (pun intended) coming from a cw to a rogue and not being able to use dailies very often at all.

You're not doing it right then. To generate AP a CW has to cast. If you're playing correctly, they should not be able to cast much, as they should run around scared like little girls as you dip them in poison. You, however, with your high Recovery and always casting, should build AP extremely fast. A good TR has Shocking up very very often.