test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideal 5 active companions for module 3

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
I would like to get a consesus from people around here what are your ideal 5 active companions for module 3?

(if mods think this topic is similiar enough then go ahead and merge)
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's a little too early for these as :
    1- we don't know what new pet there will be.
    2- how class balance will impact CW and compagnion choice.
    3- you need 4 list : MoF PvE, MoF PvP, SS PvE and SS PvP.

But, you can start with Ioun stone of allure, if there's no news Augment pet to take it's place.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    nathyiel wrote: »

But, you can start with Ioun stone of allure, if there's no news Augment pet to take it's place.

The new runestone makes things a little interesting, but for now I still think everyone is in agreement on that one
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Most likely none as I have no interest in participating in PvP with pets.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nathyiel wrote: »
    It's a little too early for these as :
    1- we don't know what new pet there will be.
    2- how class balance will impact CW and compagnion choice.
    3- you need 4 list : MoF PvE, MoF PvP, SS PvE and SS PvP.

Actually Ioun Stones and probably cats give away Trickster Rogues in stealth, so it won't be so good for them. (And probably Hunter Rangers that use Forest Ghost as well for the same reason.) There is a new purple augment in the new lockbox I think though. Can't remember where but I though I saw one listed somewhere.

Edit: Just checked and there is a new "Black Ice Ioun Stone" in the "Frozen Crystal Lockbox" listed on preview collections that gives -20% Black Ice Consumption for its active bonus.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Edit: Just checked and there is a new "Black Ice Ioun Stone" in the "Frozen Crystal Lockbox" listed on preview collections that gives -20% Black Ice Consumption for its active bonus.

/facepalm worthy.

GG paying 750K AD on making mine epic lol.

This is all getting out of hand.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Welp. anybody who wants to go around empowering their gear is going to pick that up if they can. That's ridiculously powerful.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    I think they should go ahead and increase the amount of active companions you can have to 10, as well as 2 summoned. If you want to make money off of companions, do it right.
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    I think they should go ahead and increase the amount of active companions you can have to 10, as well as 2 summoned. If you want to make money off of companions, do it right.
    We get it, you feel that open PvP is a cash grab because of being able to utilize companions. You don't need to mention it either passive-aggressively or just aggressively in every thread dedicated to either PvP or companions. Seriously, man. Just don't take part if it bothers you that much.

It helps that Ioun stones aren't even the best companions you can use in Open PvP. yes, they increase your stats, but a companion with a stun, knockdown, daze, or similar is going to provide you much-needed interruptions, and the Bonding Runestone will make those fairly viable as well.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    We get it, you feel that open PvP is a cash grab because of being able to utilize companions. You don't need to mention it either passive-aggressively or just aggressively in every thread dedicated to either PvP or companions. Seriously, man. Just don't take part if it bothers you that much.

It helps that Ioun stones aren't even the best companions you can use in Open PvP. yes, they increase your stats, but a companion with a stun, knockdown, daze, or similar is going to provide you much-needed interruptions, and the Bonding Runestone will make those fairly viable as well.

That's not really PvP.

It's more like faceroll on the keyboard with extreme lag, and the bigger&richer swarm wins.

You might want not to participate, however the rewards require you to do so.
    edited March 2014
    Do you really want to fight me after I've bought full BiS companions and enchants for them? Because here's the thing - I can afford to dump 200 dollars on a game and not sweat it (note: it will take much more than that to gear up, but there will be people who do it). I can join a whole guild full of people who all dump hundreds of dollars on a game, and none of us sweat it. And we can dominate every instance of this map. You won't be able to come NEAR the PvP area unless you're in a full guild of high-income players.

But who would want to play a game where anyone willing to throw money at it can dominate every expansion pack? Who's going to want to partake in that? You really want to fight me after I've bought all the best companions? Because that's not really fighting with brains, that's fighting with wallets. I can afford it and even I don't want to. Because I want PvP (the key instrument here being Player vs Player, not Player vs Player and their companions).

Sure, I could sit out this entire expansion if this goes through - lord knows I will, because the only 2 domination maps we've had since launch are really boring to me now. I'm here because I've been looking forward to open world PvP for a while now, and if it comes like it is here to Live, I'll get it somewhere else.

You tell enough people to go elsewhere when they don't like changes, and your game will end up like Vanguard.

Why not just... keep PvP balanced? In all of it's incarnations? Isn't that what Tenacity and Matchmaking were all about? Shouldn't PvP be more about skill than money?

And Ioun stones are by far still the best companions. You don't even need Regen for open world PvP because you can just use Greater Stones of Health right from the Zen store. Just load up with offensive stats and blast away. Don't even worry about CC because anyone with a brain will be using Sylph and Whisp for the actives, no CC will stick. New Black Ice gear has over 1000 tenacity on 1 piece. There will be no such thing as CC in open world PvP.

Why? Because companions were obviously not balanced for PvP.

I guess with that in mind I'll give some real advice:
    Stone (might)
    Sylph
    Whisp
    Rust Monster
    Psuedodragon

Never run out of dodges, reduce enemy CC to nothing, reduce enemy damage, get extra ~3000gs of your pick. Get a good job because those Health Stones aren't cheap. Bring some Res scrolls because your Wizard will repeatedly need them. They work in PvP now too.
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »

I disagree, players' opinions matter alot even if it's negative, to show devs that the direction they're going is screwed up and hopefully they would stop dumbing down the game and start on actually making the game better, even a little.

Seriously allowing companions in PvP... I can't wait to see players bring their darling Man-in-Arms, Cleric Disciple or whatever else <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> other than Augments into the battlefield. It'll be a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience.
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    That's not really PvP.

It's more like faceroll on the keyboard with extreme lag, and the bigger&richer swarm wins.

You might want not to participate, however the rewards require you to do so.
    The rewards do not, in fact, require you to do so. they can make it easier, but you can play module 3 entirely PvE. The PvP campaign tracker doesn't even require you to take part in open world pvp - There's a total of 30 accomplishments you can get on it, ten for gauntlgrym, ten for domination, and ten for open world. you only need 18 to get the highest level reward.
    ranncore wrote: »
    Never run out of dodges, reduce enemy CC to nothing, reduce enemy damage, get extra ~3000gs of your pick.
    The issue here isn't that you're correct or incorrect. It's that you're continuing to plug away at something you've already provided feeback on multiple times in multiple threads. Thank you for delivering your feedback, but doing it again and again is just beating a dead horse and not likely to endear you to people.
    edited March 2014
    Besides that this is 1 of only 2 threads I have provided commentary on - this one about companions in PvP, and the other one about PvP in general - it really doesn't matter to me how many players read it how many times. If just 1 dev reads it and realises the great folly they are about to partake in, my mission is accomplished.