test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please have a 30 minutes time limit for a single PvP match

jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Ever since tenacity has been introduced, people are taking a lot longer to die even with healing depression. Average match time has increased and very noticeable when you have 2 teams that are all quite tanky. I was playing a match the other day where I suggested to everyone to call it after the 1 hour mark, if we went on, it would have been a 2 hour match.

Now they are thinking of nerfing the damage on some classes, which no doubt upsets everyone who plays that class. When they really should look into buffing the damage on other classes if they want to balance anything. Soon we will be required to set aside 3 hours for a premade vs premade match. About 45 mins for the queue to pop, and 2 hours for the match to finish.

If Gauntlgrym PvP has a timer, so should normal PvP.
Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
Post edited by jaotut on

Comments

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    Now they are thinking of nerfing the damage on some classes, which no doubt upsets everyone who plays that class. When they really should look into buffing the damage on other classes if they want to balance anything. Soon we will be required to set aside 3 hours for a premade vs premade match.

No worries about damage, now you can wear stone and 5 epic companions juuuussst like in PvE to compensate. Already hit a 30K Ice Knife on a GWF sent in M3 open world.

Oh and if damage you take is too much?

Greater stone of HP brings you up 100%.

GG Cryptic.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    No worries about damage, now you can wear stone and 5 epic companions juuuussst like in PvE to compensate. Already hit a 30K Ice Knife on a GWF sent in M3 open world.

GG Cryptic.

Huh? That is only the new content I think.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Huh? That is only the new content I think.

Of course it's the new content.

Anyway in a more serious note 30 mins as a match limit is fine, I played a few 2 hrs matches myself and really had my hands hurt for 1 hour afterward form all the continuous keyboard smashing.
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have suggested this so many times, a 30minute timer would make pvp quite a bit more enjoyable than it is now, 2 hour long premades are not fun, and unrealistic we do have lives after all .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Agreed. Cryptic copied the Elo system from chess. They should copy as well the "Countdown clock" system, which sets a time limit for a game (five minutes for a blitz game, two hours for a tournament game).

To keep with the chess analogy, NW pvp now suffers from the "stalemate" syndrom. Suggestion: give points to both teams when a base is shared. Zero points for anyone when the base is blank, one point per second for the owning team when the base is full red/blue, one point every two seconds for both teams when the base is contested.
    English is not my first language.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

GG Cryptic.

Oh no wonder my HR is only hitting trash mobs for 2 digits with my split shot, coz I don't have enough epic companions and rank 10s on my stone to get 10k+ power to hit for 3 digits.

At least no one will try and kill my HR in PvP coz I'll just be a performer dancing around on the side, while your regen will probably tick for more than my damage.

<end sarcasm>

Lucky I still have other chars to play, even though they've been nerfed too. Still.... the request for shorter and not longer PvP matches is there. The idea of having points that don't stop ticking once the node is capped is a brilliant idea too.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I definitely like the idea of a 30min limit ending the match with the winner being the team with the most points after time is up.
  • gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2014
    It's the mounts!!!! Fast mounts enable quicker capture of control points and consequently the score grows in a slower rate. Nerffff the mountsssss!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Suggestion: give points to both teams when a base is shared. Zero points for anyone when the base is blank, one point per second for the owning team when the base is full red/blue, one point every two seconds for both teams when the base is contested.

Alternatively:

Zero points for anyone when the base is blank.

One point per second for the owning team when the base is full red/blue.

One point every two seconds for the owning team when the base is contested.

A stealthed TR is not counted for contesting or capturing a point, with a X second cooldown.

Faster games, as every base will be giving at least 1 point to one of the teams, and perma-stealth TRs now have to actually try to kill enemies rather than play hide and (invisible) seek.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    That's like saying a DC doesn't count. Their dmg isn't enough to hold a node either. Or a GWF you can't possibly get off a node before it pops unstoppable. You can't discriminate based on classes.

Other than that, I can live with the suggestion.

Not a fair comparison as Tanky DCs are okay at node-holding. Not great by any means but okay. However, perma-stealth are pretty much a special case, being very difficult to effectively fight.

Given that the alternative is likely to be even more nerfing this suggestion is for the TR's benefit....
  • bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    extremely long matches is why I stopped playing League of Legends, the thought of dragging out a match that long loses it's appeal for such a low glory return to the loser...
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's funny, throughout the history of MMORPGs that have pvp and a rouge type class, these conversations can be copy and pasted and it wouldn't matter what game it is...
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agree with time limit. Some matches take too long to the point I just want to give up.
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Don't take this personal, but I'd say the alternative is learning to fight a perma stealth.

Cryptic is already set to nerf stealth. The change is inevitable and now more a question of "how" and "when".
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Totally agree with both the suggestions of timer and new point system.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.