Options

Why do you have vote kick in pug CTA?

2»

Comments

• Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    The vote kick needs to stay for the reasons so many have mentioned...not doing anything, bot, etc. I got into one CTA and guessing they had kicked someone and I died almost instantly because they had somehow pulled the mobs inside the initial spawn point. As a DC I died almost instantly before I even saw the red circles and cones. This CTA definitely took more thought than the others. Not much once you got used to it but wasn't just hack and slash. The next bridge CTA is next...that one is going to be fun. Hopefully some better rewards as it will be harder.

I was in a group like that, too. I think it was intentional or some weird 'strategy'... my mid 30's CW died (all the mobs got pulled to the entrance by the Level 60 players and then the pullers couldn't handle them and I sure couldn't). I was at the fire looking in my bag for an injury kit. The next thing I knew there was chaos! Barrow lords! Big swords everywhere! :(

As other posters have mentioned, this CTA has been very odd, both in the the numerous players who think they can ride the fire while everyone else does all the work, and the number of groups that I've been in that were anything but a group. Running off to the next mini boss and leaving one player still dealing with a small mob? Bad form, IMO.
  • Options
    bigolphilbigolphil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No the sad thing is is when me as a lvl 9 TR takes agro off a lvl 60 T1 GF and holds it on the last boss for 90% of the fight. 4 lvl 60s and I'm the one doing the work?
  • Options
    fortdamedfortdamed Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you know what grinds my gear are the people that will sit in the middle of the zone kill the endless wave of adds while I solo the shards and then get upset when I say wow what are you doing picking your nose or something. On average my guild group can do the CTA in 3-5 minutes but if I'm in a pug worst case senario we are done in 7-10.
  • Options
    emanyalpsidymemanyalpsidym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They should make it so that people who do substantially less damage/healing/whatever during the CTA, then they don't get the final prize. I've voted to kick a coupla times when it was people who were just standing around, avoiding doing any damage and building any agro, and then, when the final boss is about to die, they try to do the killing blow. When the leaderboard comes up, they display as doing 10's of thousands of damage compared to the rest of us who are doing hundreds of thousands. I've also seen people do similar tactics in skirmishes. I reported them to a GM and got a reply saying that what they were doing was not technically against any rule.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    AFAIK, being teamed w/ lower level players was a compromise the devs reached in order to reduce the CTA queue times - I can understand their reasoning TBH. If you don't want to be paired with lower level players, then I suggest you form your own team...

The problem with that is that invariably someone from your team is switched out for a lowbie when you queue.

I don't know why it happens but it makes farming difficult having to reform after every one.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Running off to the next mini boss and leaving one player still dealing with a small mob? Bad form, IMO

It's much faster to just kill the bosses and not deal with the small mobs. It's better to bring straggling mobs to the next boss than waste time killing it.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    bensansbensans Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People put much too much importance on performance, I can play a decent wizard, but my 60th level hunter with excellent equipment is totally ineffective ... obviously something about how I develop or play it ... yet, it is fun to play ... that should not bar me from skirmishes, especially since they are scaled in difficulty for medium proficiency ...
  • Options
    gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One of the biggest time wasters are dailies/encounters that push mobs all over creation.

For the love of the gods, keep those powers off your bar and save 'em for when you solo. When you scatter mobs all over creation you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up your group's dps and making the run take longer.
  • Options
    thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've initiated one vote kick this CTA. After soloing 3 bosses while the rest of the group finished up a fight on the bridge, one person had yet to leave the camp fire. Gone. If I vote kicked every one that wasted time by fighting the non-boss mobs, I'd be rich. Although I can't figure out why no one jumps out the hole in the wall to get to the first boss instead of heading down the bridge/hill, I wouldn't kick someone for being a moron or for using Icy Terrain as I've seen attempted. People, you don't have to follow the glitter trail... lol
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The problem with that is that invariably someone from your team is switched out for a lowbie when you queue.

I don't know why it happens but it makes farming difficult having to reform after every one.

It's the long standing RTI (Return to Instance) bug for the most part. When you leave a dungeon/skirmish, sometimes the RTI marker at the top of the screen doesn't go away. As long as it's there, the affected person can't go into another instance. So if one person in the party has it and the party leader re-enters the queue, the affected person doesn't get the queue and is treated as if they aren't in the party, so a random will be added in their place.

There's another bug that occurred several times, as the party would just disband after leaving the instance. The yellow admin messages would give a 'so and so has left the party' and 'so and so has been made party leader' repeatedly until you're alone and the party disbanded message appears.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    Seriously though... I was a 43 DC in with a bunch of OP 60s and they kick me without warning as if they were going to die because of me yet they were the ones drawing everything into one location....
    actually, thats the fastest way of doing it...
    more often than not ppl will be fighting at the spawn for minutes.
    so what you do?
    right, rush for an objective, shatter the crystal, and drag the trash to the guys that dont seem to bother about moving farther than 10m away from spawn.

as for the topic: i blame the matchmaker. cant count how many times ive been the ONLY 60, ought to carry 4 lvl6-20 guys.
    having done about 100runs without a darn petdrop, i cant be arsed to basically get those guys some free reward, while the one who does all the killing(well not all, but its been quite alot games where i did more damage than the whole team combined) doesent even get some crappy lv1-2 enchants, cause the fella teammates feel like looting during fights.
    after youve been abused like this for countless times, you really cant blame the guy who got fed up by that kinda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

conclusion is simple: have the matchmaker not stuff guys with 40+lvls appart togeather.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was in a group like that, too. I think it was intentional or some weird 'strategy'... my mid 30's CW died (all the mobs got pulled to the entrance by the Level 60 players and then the pullers couldn't handle them and I sure couldn't). I was at the fire looking in my bag for an injury kit. The next thing I knew there was chaos! Barrow lords! Big swords everywhere! :(.

Well if that was me, I'm sorry about that. I know we accidently did this to a couple of lower level newbies too... all because the queue hosed up.

We had gotten a group togather bunch of 60s. Me and another CW and then two GWFs. We were going in, to basically grab everything, drag it to the middle and then AoE the snot out of it, and burn it down all at once we'd already done this several times....

Except... the queue hosed the second CW and kicked him from the party before we even started, he still has no idea why, he hit accept and suddenly was booted.

So of course we're just assuming hes actually in party. We pull everything to the middle, I launch all my AoEs the GWFs are in the big melee pile and suddenly... no more spells or dailys come... we're like huh? Meanwhile the two newbies that mysteriously replaced the other CW and the empty slot were ground into paste, I was too because we were counting on the AoEs of the second CW along with mine to help cover the GWFs.

I got squashed because I was waiting to time my moves with moves from the other CW that... obviously never came.... and the Queue hosing us pretty much hosed the entire CTA group at that point.

So yeah... in this case yeah it was an accident and caused by a bug in the queuing system. They weren't suppose to be there, it was supposed to be a second 60th level CW not two 20th level characters with no hope of survival.
  • Options
    huricain40shuricain40s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A few things.

First, I have 3 level 60 'Invoke and leadership' alts, that are basically in level 10 gear, that I ran through 6 times each just to get enough medallions for transmutes . So If any level 30s or whatever are like " how am I doing more damage that a level 60?" Thats one possible reason. Even so, I just stayed with the group and did what I could do and had no probs.

As far as vote kick in CTA I'll only vote for kick I someone is DC'd or clearly not contributing. It did kind of P*ss me off that someone called for a vote kick of someone who was DC'd , which I was for, but when I was surrounded by 20 mobs, which led to me dying.
    Seriously though CTA Takes 5 mins, people can't just suffer a bad player for 5 mins

Also, I would never vote to kick someone who is trying their best, whatever their level or just because they make a few mistakes. In particular, in dungeons, if someone calls for a vote kick for any reason other than DC'd/not contributing, breaking loot rules, griefing or it is clear we'll not be able to complete with that person, and it passes, I just leave too.

Generally when I enter, I run to the shard up and to the left, for get the mini boss's name, and work clockwise clearing shards, btw there are more than just mini boss's that need cleared to move on. For example I think hulks need to be killed. Not sure exactly just know I've had to go back and kill some random things others missed to progress. Anyway, I had some guy that was like "can't we work as a group?" I never said not to follow me. My feeling is that you can either follow me and do it the way I do it, or I can just solo my way around and we'll meet up where we meet up.

Also,I'm a GWF, so if a CW or whatever shows up and starts using melee hindering spells, such as those that knock back mobs, I immediately move on to next shard. I'm not going to chase mobs around.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was using my lvl 10 rogue, and I got third place in damage :p
  • Options
    keymacrxxkeymacrxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aiaia--- BOT WIN EVENT
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    We pull everything to the middle, I launch all my AoEs the GWFs are in the big melee pile and suddenly... no more spells or dailys come... we're like huh?
    either that, or that 2nd cw(lowb or not) suddenly launches his ICE STORM, right in the very moment the mobs fall out of the 1st singu, drawing all aggro, panicing and starts running around like a headless chicken.
    ...scattering the mobs even further, wich pretty much leaves no practical way of getting rid of the crowd without alot of butthurt.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    either that, or that 2nd cw(lowb or not) suddenly launches his ICE STORM, right in the very moment the mobs fall out of the 1st singu, drawing all aggro, panicing and starts running around like a headless chicken.
    ...scattering the mobs even further, wich pretty much leaves no practical way of getting rid of the crowd without alot of butthurt.

Oh god yeah,

That can be so annoying when the entire purpose is pulling everything togather onto the GWFs so the upper level CWs can combined their AoEs with the GWF short range AoEs and make paste of everything.

Yeah that could be exceptionally annoying, even for the other CWs in group because we like them all in a bunch too.

But then again, they are newbies.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I've seen (and voted yes) on one votekick. The guy was idle at spawn for the entirety of the first two minibosses. Either leeching, or fallen asleep, no hard feelings, but there are supposed to be five active players.

I done that in one run with my DC because;

I led the attack, laid down my Astral Shield (thinking people would stand in it) and popped my Hallowed Ground only to see the HRs split-shotting the map to pieces and CWs exploding adds all over the place. Then one by one they were killed because all four numbnuts were isolated and running for their lives in all directions. I died last at the 2nd shard and decided to stay dead while they took 20 minutes to complete the run. I revived and got my chest.

No shame on my part because I repeatedly asked them to stop spreading out and to stop AOEíng the adds all over so as to maximise my buffs/debuffs. I died three times and triggered Soulforged three times before saying enough was enough.

I also out dps'd a 60 GWF with my level 34 GWF and was repeatedly out dpsing other players 20 levels higher than myself, so lord knows what goes on in a CTA.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It's both frustrating and a little hilarious how few people seem to realise that there is level scaling in CTAs, many of them posting in this thread.

Put the ego down and step away from the computer with your hands in the air..
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I usually CTA with my CW (14.6k gs, perf vorp, etc..). So I usually always get paingiver in pugs or between 2.5mil-3.2 mil dmg. Ive kicked probably 6 players this CTA weekend. When I see you standing in the spawn area doing nothing, i will kick you and then ask another to do it if it fails. If I see you not following instructions like standing in the intro area the entire time while the rest of us pulling mobs or shattering crystals i will init a vote kick. I try to be cool and will even throw out a PM or Say that you can see to say something like "XXXXX are you ok? do you need help?" if no response then i let the kick flag fly... We're not here to carry folks. Each can do their part in the CTA, whether your level 15 or 60.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I would never vote kick in a CTA because...hahahhaha dear god what is the point

In the time it takes you to tell someone to "do X/Y/Z or I'll kick", then initiate a kickvote, THEN wait for another person (or not), you could've finished the skirm and started another. This applies ESPECIALLY to high GS CWs with perfect vorps, who are probably capable of soloing the entire thing.

If you have a duff team, then just solo it yourself. If you have one dude who sits in the spawn, who cares: you have three dudes who are working with you. And it takes like 5 minutes, even if you spend 4 of those minutes killing zombies outside the spawn.