test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lightning Shot

areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
This is compared to multi shot that you start out with.

It's damage is much lower. DPS is also much lower. The AoE is smaller. It has no added status effect to balance that out. The combat AoE has 360 degree range compared to the half circle. However when you're made for range and have pitiful dps as a melee. It doesn't matter how many you hit if they hit back for 2-20x more.

I tested this skill through many ways because just the idea of lightning arrows that burst on impact got me all excited. I WANTED to make it work...

It is, without a doubt, what I would call a Botch skill.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    On the preview server they are implementing a 45% damage reduction to split shot to test. That may get implemented on live servers in the future or could be implemented with a slightly lower but still significant reduction. I think after that the other at-will could be an option.
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The nerf of splitshot in no way makes electric any good. It just makes splitshot nearly as bad.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    rittzbitz wrote: »
    The nerf of splitshot in no way makes electric any good. It just makes splitshot nearly as bad.

So post nerf you would prefer single target at-will? Doesn't seem effective for PvE even if AOE damage is lower.
  • areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    At the moment the thundercloud, the splitshot and Aimed shot are effective skills. I barely use the other skills since they are, how to put it, situational skills. They only work in specific situations and since you are limited in the skills and can never tell when those situations can accure you just pop the skills you like in the other spots.

Of course I am only 40 at the moment, never know how the other skills are until I have used them through multiple situations.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Split shot needs 30% less dmg not 45%, Lightning Shot needs 15% dmg boost not 0% with the next module. IMO