test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA drop rate ?

aspen1979aspen1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 64
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
does anyone know the drop rate of the items? Dye, +5 enchantment and Comp.
Im 65 plus runs and a casual player with more dyes and enchantment to shake a fist a,. but yet no Druid :(
Post edited by aspen1979 on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I ran it about 25 times before I got my first companion.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Needs to be a system where you at least get 1 after so many tries! Haven't found either this stupid druid or an orc wolf.
  • Options
    aspen1979aspen1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 64
    edited March 2014
    not meant for the casual player then.
    or someone with a luck rate of 0.005%
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Needs to be a system where you at least get 1 after so many tries! Haven't found either this stupid druid or an orc wolf.

I'd like to see the companions added to the medallion of battle store - even if it is kinda of expensive, it'd still set an expectation of being able to get one for certain (eventually).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Aye. After 60 attempts, I've given up. I gathered just under 3,000 medallions doing that.
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes to this idea. I've been super lucky in the previous CTAs, but this one has seen nothing but an endless stream of Rank 3 enchants as the reward. At least the refinement cache RNG has been kind and I've picked up two Eye's of Lathander recently on my one character so I should shut up really :D
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    rumple9rumple9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Got the companion after 6 runs, but a green cw companion seems pretty useless to me, unless anyone can convince me otherwise
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Drop rate is low added to RNG = annoying at times , this time I got 2 in my first 26 runs but as an example I ran the Pitfight CTA over 100 times to get one Shadow wolf mount .

rumple9 wrote: »
    Got the companion after 6 runs, but a green cw companion seems pretty useless to me, unless anyone can convince me otherwise

It's a Druid , sell it if you can't use it?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The druid tosses a flaming acorn, does so-so damage. The lightning dazes your opponent and has splash damage that has a chance to daze those around it. Even messing around with mine at rank 6 it was rather nifty to watch the lil Doodad(3 guesses where the term comes from) zip around. The little guy runs faster than any other companion I've seen. Blinkdog doesn't count since it's a teleport with cooldown. =p
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I find I seem to get most event companions on the 1st day Thursday. but didn't get time this around.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Got mine after the third CTA, run.

• Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    About 60 runs and I have 6 druids, 10 R5s, and 3K medallions.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3.5k medallions, only 1 druid. I had hope to get more than 1, but really, the CTA provides very good XP to level my companions which is the main reason I did it this time.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well over a 100 runs, I give. think anyone will trade 35 cruel +5's?
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I ran 89 times, and got 12 rank 5's and 1 companion. Dye is a guaranteed drop, as far as I can see.
  • Options
    thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Got my first druid on my 3rd run and my second on my 21st run. I'm at around 50 runs and haven't gotten any more. The last CTA netted me 8 Armored Orc Wolves in 110 runs.
  • Options
    theodale169theodale169 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OK, I feel better. I guess I have always been lucky before. Every time I have gotten the prize the first day after a few tries and then moved on to what ever I was working on in the game. It is Sunday and I was beginning to think it was bugged so looked and found this thread. I feel better knowing that 1. others are struggling too and 2. some have gotten the companion. Thanks. I wish I could invoke to the RNG god.
  • Options
    itsatacoshop247itsatacoshop247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like the companion from Medallion store idea - just make the companion BoP when you get it from the store, but still BoE if you get it in the chest.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I like the companion from Medallion store idea - just make the companion BoP when you get it from the store, but still BoE if you get it in the chest.

I think BtA would be the best option - you can be assured to get the drop (eventually), but you couldn't profit off of it, either...
  • Options
    itsatacoshop247itsatacoshop247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I think BtA would be the best option - you can be assured to get the drop (eventually), but you couldn't profit off of it, either...

That too. There's so few BtA things I never consider it.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Got mine after the third CTA, run.

This, I didn't even give a damn about this event and didn't plan to farm it whatsoever. There was around 20ish minutes left before Dungeon Delves. Then I was like... hey let's run this new CTA event to pass time. And I got it on the 3rd run. Was pretty surprised because I'm always cursed on this kind of thing. (Skipped Orc Wolf and Swashbuckler because that ghost companion from back then took me 3 days to get, didn't want the same grind over and over again, no patience).
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    50 runs , no druid. I think that is enough tries for me. Enjoyed myself though :D
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

Heh, yeah I know the feeling.

I ran the Orc Skirmish so many times if I see another orc I think I'll puke. I ran that one hundreds of times, never got a single wolf.

Ironically I ran the Temple skirmish a lot less and ended up with two Druids. Go figure. And these days I don't even use companions much anymore since I have an Ioun Stone. Still admittedly the Druid is a very good companion. The Stun technique it uses is very handy.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've run it around 30 times, still no drop. Seriously, as a green companion it shouldnt be that rare. The RNG hates me on these CTA events, Ive run a combined hundreds of times, and only one companion to show for my trouble.

They need to make it purchasable via the event tokens.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I ran it like 15-20 times on my main and didn't get anything but a few rank 5 enchants, but ran it ONCE with my lv 13 alt and got the druid, so I just emailed it to my main.
    There are lot of druids in the AH for those interested though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    NO druid still!

What in the BLOODY world am I doing wrong!?

Just put me out of my misery when they announce the Garrundar the Vile CTA....
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'd like to see the companions added to the medallion of battle store - even if it is kinda of expensive, it'd still set an expectation of being able to get one for certain (eventually).

Totally agree !!!!

We could buy the Mimic and Fawn, when that event was on.
    I cant see any reason, why we cant buy the companion,in this event.
    It also would benefit those, who don't actually do the main event,
    but do the S.C.A. part of it though.

So I would really like to see this happen.

:)