test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140314a.5

Comments

• xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Master of Flame
    Furious Immolation is now able to critically hit and its damage has been reduced by 30%.

Split Shot damage has been reduced by about 45%.

Fox Shift: This power now correctly makes you immune to damage and control effects while you are jumping from target to target.
    Fox Shift: This power now correctly only hits each target one time during its activation. Additionally, the power was erroneously ticking an additional time at the start of its activation and this has been fixed. To compensate for this change and the fact that the power now cannot strike a target more than once, damage has been increased by 33%.

All I have to say is....
    Whhhhyyy?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Okay, first off: my destroyer GWF is currently my favorite character to play, and no doubt this patch will be a sizable buff to her (didn't use vorpal before, so w/e). Deep gash will still do enough damage for me to want to keep it, so I'll keep it. However... those boosts to Executioner's Strike, Focused Destroyer, and ESPECIALLY Destroyer's Purpose, combined with the nerf to Student of the Sword, don't actually affect the Sentinel path like the patch notes say at all -it just nerfs Instigator, which nobody uses as it is. I hate to bait the nerf bat at my own character, but... eerrrgh, this might be a little too much ownage.

Second: As somebody playing a Nature path HR, I do like the new paragon path - but I would like to know what the cooldown is on the new daily. The combination of Slasher's Mark, Pathfinder's Action, and Speedy Slashing could potentially be a little ridiculous.

our dmage with deep gash should be useless now even with no vorpal it was 2 times better ty to crtic damage so some 200-300 or lower tick now
    edited March 2014
    wyh did u nerf only good set gf have?then u need to nerf some other op sets like high prophet and high wiz to
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure is only a small nerf, we dont know how power works now, so we cant say how impactful will be that change, and as someone said, probably conqueror GFs are the sneaky winners of those whole changes, let's see.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Some changes I am really liking. Some I am not so sold on....

But alas more hair options, yay! Happy happy joy joy.
    edited March 2014
    frarii wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure is only a small nerf, we dont know how power works now, so we cant say how impactful will be that change, and as someone said, probably conqueror GFs are the sneaky winners of those whole changes, let's see.

even if power work in other way i still doubt 15% boost will be able to replace 60% ,as for power changes conq gf could be better but mod 3 as whole will only make cws even more superior to everyone else i cant see any way for gwf or hr to have almost good dps as cw with nerf they will get and gf will lose his main buff
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Please fix Fey Thistle boon so it doesn't show my GWF pulling out her weapon every 5 seconds. Thank you! Other than that, I think I like most of the changes.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since this isn't going on Preview when it was scheduled, does that mean we wait a week?
    edited March 2014
    Since this isn't going on Preview when it was scheduled, does that mean we wait a week?

think it might come on Tuesday since most of big updates in crytic games come on test server then or on friday
  • dr132dr132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In general i like this round of changes. GWF's should have to make a dps sacrifice to be tanky and this appears to be a step in that direction. I'm intrigued by the power re-work, hopefully this means it will be a more significant stat than it currently is.
  • frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    The nerf to Split Shot just makes me sick. I love playing rangers and I love D&D, but if this goes through, I'm going to have to put this game away.

I have 4 other characters that I've been working on, but I don't have nearly the fun with them as I do as with my HR. It isn't because the class is easy or overpowered either. I've found the HR to be by far the hardest class to play, but I just love the archery so I have played it despite the difficulties. Currently the class draws way too much aggro (really why would a monster stop fighting the guy in front of him to charge the ranger?), the dailies are not very useful, and HRs tend to be very very squishy. An archery spec'ed ranger actually does much more damage with a bow at point blank range than switching to melee, and this is another problem. Please, if you are going to work on fixing the ranger class, work on some of these other issues rather than killing the few things we depend on to stay alive. I don't care about doing massive damage in a single blow or topping dungeon damage charts. Honestly it does make sense for wizards and great weapon fighters to hold that position. I just want to be able to play the class I love. This isn't about being the best, but rather being an effective team player.

Reducing the damage on Split Shot kills the HR class. Please reconsider this.
    edited March 2014
    ^ if they feel like they have to nerf the damage then they should also increase the target cap like they did with frontline surge. i don't see it as a highly overpowered attack that's in need of a complete nerf so they should do something to keep it useful. a 45% damage reduction is huge and i don't understand how such a drastic nerf seems necessary.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited March 2014
    And TR lol is gonna be god if they don't fix the stupid SE.

How is TR going to be "god"? SE hits for less than lashing. Oh wait, you're talking about the 2 maps of PVP? ahhh yes. The reason the TR is totally irrelevant in PVE and pretty much all of the content.

What's really, really laughable is no CW balance. Control class with striker damage? Makes sense.
  • sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Class Changes
    • Devoted Cleric
      • Righteousness: This power has been reworked to now provide a healing bonus of 70% to allies. Cleric Feats and Powers now heal by about 40% less than they previously did but overall still heal allies about 10% more than they previously did.
      • Feat Cycle of Change: Has been redesigned. Now gains stacks of Cycle of Change (Life or Death) by using offensive or protective encounter powers, and then consumes them with your divine atwill powers, (Soothing Light or Punishing Light) for a burst of extra healing or damage. (Gaining a stack of one type will remove all stacks of the other type)

Omg, im wondering if u understand the problem with DC. The first change will make a DC more tanky in PvP. Just standing and heal other ppl like prepatch. Dont increase ally heals, increase self heals and remove defense from the Armor-PvP-Set, so they wont be as tanky as much.

And im wondering if u ever played the top feat path. Atm the charges affects encounters, postpatch only at will? srsly? why? its a damage path and now u will nerf it. and who the hell heals with light? even in pvp with HD? come on, you cant be serious with that! fix the arp feats with the intern cooldown of 5 minutes first. if ill go PvE with this path, its now useless, for PvP its a big nerf.
    Items and Economy
    • Knight Captain's Set: Now grants allies +15% power (down from 60%). This set has been readjusted to be much more in line with the power rework.

2nd set nerf, hope it will be still good postpatch. otherwise gfs will be once more useless. who needs a tank in a high lvl party? who needs a dmg gf when there are still amaziny gwfs or cws out there? start to play the game!
    Items and Economy
    • There is now a Mounts collection.

Like the Companion collection? Are you srs?
    Only Mounts in Zen-Store are worth: 51200 Zen (!!!!) for a exchange price with 400 its about: 20,480,000 ADs.
    Even with 300 its still: 15,360,000
    Without the mounts by boxes. Realy? Why u dont just write down your data so we can transfer directly the money to you.
    Items and Economy
    • There is now an Events collection.

So do we have to do the events again, which we already made?
    Ppl still run in a cyrcle to get all archievements / collections... sad day for the NW community
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dr132 wrote: »
    ^ if they feel like they have to nerf the damage then they should also increase the target cap like they did with frontline surge. i don't see it as a highly overpowered attack that's in need of a complete nerf so they should do something to keep it useful. a 45% damage reduction is huge and i don't understand how such a drastic nerf seems necessary.

And we wont understand it either till a "Dev" explains the thought process behind it... I for one wont be holding my breath. :mad:
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Geeeeeeez.....

What he said :(

insane amount of a nerf, i thought this was " class balance " not Class destruction ?
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Knight Captain's Set: Now grants allies +15% power (down from 60%). This set has been readjusted to be much more in line with the power rework.

This pretty much destroy any chances that a GF can join in any high level dungeon. what do you want us to do reroll a CW or a GWF?

you could have atleast let the whole party get buff including the GF as a compensation for this big nerf in our set.

first was the bulwark now the KC. i wonder what would be next timeless anyone?
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zhaofuo wrote: »
    This pretty much destroy any chances that a GF can join in any high level dungeon. what do you want us to do reroll a CW or a GWF?

you could have atleast let the whole party get buff including the GF as a compensation for this big nerf in our set.

first was the bulwark now the KC. i wonder what would be next timeless anyone?

I think in there eyes its to powerful a bonus for a tier 1 set, KC and SB are both tier 1 sets but saying that seems the Devs/Producers are more about annoying people than listening to peoples comments.
    edited March 2014
    I think in there eyes its to powerful a bonus for a tier 1 set, KC and SB are both tier 1 sets but saying that seems the Devs/Producers are more about annoying people than listening to peoples comments.

well it is kinda ridiculous for a T1 set to be considered BiS for anything. however, keep in mind there is a power rework, the set hopefully will not end up garbage. if it does i'll just go back to stacking power and attempting to post moderate damage numbers. i'm just hoping there are actually hard dungeons released in mod 3 that are on par with current gear levels and require a healer and a tank to complete so they're no longer classes people bring when that's all that is available or because they are your friends and you feel sorry for them.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dr132 wrote: »
    well it is kinda ridiculous for a T1 set to be considered BiS for anything.

That is kind-of the status for DCs right now....many are switching from a T2 set like Miracle healer to the T1 High Prophet set, as it is simply the best one for high-end group play.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    New Features
    Icewind Dale
    The region of Icewind Dale is now available to Level 60 characters who have progressed through the Sharandar or Dread Ring campaign with at least the third boon in either campaign and a 10,000 gear score.

Requirements:
    • Must be Level 60.
    • Must have the third boon in either the Sharandar or Dread Ring campaign.
    • Must have a Gear Score of at least 10,000.

Great. Thanks. :mad:

I have ONE main that only has one Sharandar boon and I've been playing regularly since open-beta/early-access.
    It's going to take me probably another six months (of my play-speed, in only Sharandar) to be able to even get into the new free content.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. May be time to stop doing anything other than Foundry.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't like the class artifacts being reserved for the ones who have 2 alts to lvl 60. You basically need to level 2 toons to 60 and make them get 3 sharandar boons or dread ring boons... which is a lot of time wasted for people who can barely take care of their main toon, and a big advantage for lifeless nerds or credit card warriors. Will take a look at what these artifacts give, at least.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Overall I like what I see....with one exception - the daily keys being like the Dread Ring keys in the sense that you can only have one key at a time. I would have liked them to be like the Sharandar keys - you get one per day, but they are stackable.

Why?

Well, there are people like myself that don't really have time to run DDs during weekdays, but have time on weekends, so I would ideally like to collect the keys during the week, and run several DDs on weekends.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Invocation Store Now has a Cache of Dread Ring Treasures in place of the Sharandar Cache.
    An alternative would be to use that slot for a Campaign Cache Coin, which could be spent on either of the two Caches in their respective Campaign Store. Then when you want to add a Cache for the Icewind Dale Campaign, you just add it to that store for 1 coin.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Completing the Sharandar campaign will take 3 months again. What is the point of giving a boost for Dread ring when that takes 10 times less time? Are you going to reduce the requirements on Sharandar progression?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, companions will help you with PVP in the new zone.
    post-26675-Xtina-AW-YEAH-gif-Christina-Ag-mqEz.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Great. Thanks. :mad:

I have ONE main that only has one Sharandar boon and I've been playing regularly since open-beta/early-access.
    It's going to take me probably another six months (of my play-speed, in only Sharandar) to be able to even get into the new free content.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. May be time to stop doing anything other than Foundry.

They can't keep doing content intended for fresh level 60 characters forever.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    snipetty-snip

Great class balance changes overall. One question remains, what about TR (permastealth) and CW (no target cap on certain skills)? Are these isssues still being worked on? Maybe that's why no fixes to said problems are in the list at this time?

The CW's non existent target cap ruins PvE for all other classes, regardless if they use an aoe or single target spec and desperately needs to be looked at, hopefully as soon as possible. What the TR does... i can only tell judging by what other people tell me and most are not to happy about permastealth.

I especially like the GWF changes. Now that nothing nerf-worthy is left, the constant crying is hopefully coming to an end and other classes can get a closer look, too.

----
    edit#: The 1% damage from 1 stack out of 20 idea is not that good, though. 2% and 10 stacks would not even work properly in my opinion. 5% per 4 stacks would be more like it.

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    I don't like the class artifacts being reserved for the ones who have 2 alts to lvl 60. You basically need to level 2 toons to 60 and make them get 3 sharandar boons or dread ring boons... which is a lot of time wasted for people who can barely take care of their main toon, and a big advantage for lifeless nerds or credit card warriors. Will take a look at what these artifacts give, at least.

Don't like this as well. Now I'll have to speed up my GWF and/or HR leveling a lot, and they are as BORING as it can get.

Bad idea.
  • larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Storm Warden
    Class Feature: Storm Step Action: Rank up benefit reduced to .5 seconds and now provides half its cooldown reduction if dallies are used within 10 seconds of each other.

I hope you are kidding.

Trickster Rogue
    Path of the Blade is now able to crit but damage has been reduced by 30%.

I hope you are kidding.

It's a significant nerf. Scoundrel's grim gear, the most used pvp gear for TRs, doesn't give any crit %.
    I am ok with this debuff. Maybe lot of rogues will back to a glass-cannon similar fight.

Do you really think Hunter Ranger is strong like that? Actually I think pvp is already balanced, Matchmaking isn't yet.

Knight Captain, the only good PvE gear for Guardian Fighters (and it's a T1) is going to be nerfed like that? Why you hate so much Guardian Fighters?

Can't get your politicy, every patch there is a nerf for everyone, nerf nerf and nerf. Always Nerf.
    Am I playing Nerfwinter?
This discussion has been closed.