test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• esb704esb704 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I logged in several times and got dcd after few sec :( Hopefully they'll fix it soon.... or this CTA is gonna be a bust :(
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow 815 people looking at general discussion and going up O_o thats the most I've ever seen on here lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think they know how to do that, it requires physical effort....

EDIT: Can't even get the launcher to open anymore, seriously?

it's been like that for me for a while.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • nghtmare67nghtmare67 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    me too ..keep trying and not able to connect :mad:
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    LOL, Murphy's Law. I just went through a week of testing, feedback and, a re-install to get my Neverwinter playable again. Been having issues with connection etc. Guess it wasn't me after all. >.< Ah welll, hope everything's okay and we'll be back soon.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As long as it's back up before my Husband gets home... Been itching to work on our duo some more!
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    True....but that FIRST one.....I felt the same way when I maxed my first toon in COH...after that it was "okay....they're just levels" LOL
    i can tell, after 49 chars, lvls aren`t just lvls again ;p it`s life.
  • fedo941fedo941 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think they got hacked....
  • demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    unable to connect to the update server. Is Neverwinter still down? Anyone know? :) thanks
  • rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I finally could log in, but, it showed me " Create a character to play" - :confused:
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys calm down we are going to take down the forum too :cool:
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • dylanclearbrookdylanclearbrook Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    i can tell, after 49 chars, lvls aren`t just lvls again ;p it`s life.

WOW:D I have to say I doubt I will get to that point. I doubt I will ever put that much effort into a game again :) Not since COH.
    edited March 2014
    demonisha wrote: »
    unable to connect to the update server. Is Neverwinter still down? Anyone know? :) thanks

I just tried and the same message ,it looks like they took the entire server offline
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everyone please remember they use cluster servers for all of their games. That was mentioned way back in beta. What that means is that their entire cluster(s) that host NWO also host 1 or more of their online games. If one of the games sharing the server cluster has issue the other one will too.

Which also the reason that Thursday will always be maintenance even with no patch...as the whole cluster has to come down to load whatever patch for whatever shared game is on that cluster.

It could easily be a different game causing the server issue.
  • vyndrilvyndril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All those talking about how easy a server is to work on have likely never worked on a server that did more than local stuffs. While this isn't the largest game in the verse... It still handles a pretty fair load. And its not always as simple as "did you try restarting your server?" =-)~
  • foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there a server status page somewhere so I don't have to keep trying to reconnect every 5 minutes or so?
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    WOW:D I have to say I doubt I will get to that point. I doubt I will ever put that much effort into a game again :) Not since COH.

I feel your pain there. Miss CoH oh so much...
  • everwherebuthereeverwherebuthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys calm down we are going to take down the forum too :cool:
    No Neverwinter virtual excape from reality?!?!? Don't make me clean house or do yard work, please please please.
  • larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the report, Adventurers! The team is investigating and working on a resolution.

Stop spamming it everywhere in every situation!

:lol:

By the way I bought a rename token but didn't receive it. Do you think the reason it is server crash?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just tried and the same message ,it looks like they took the entire server offline

All Cryptic games are offline at the moment.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    <
    Just got me a cold one, turned some loud tunes on and kicked back, enjoying the break from playing. *ell I even got a shower ;-)
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Everyone please remember they use cluster servers for all of their games. That was mentioned way back in beta. What that means is that their entire cluster(s) that host NWO also host 1 or more of their online games. If one of the games sharing the server cluster has issue the other one will too.

Which also the reason that Thursday will always be maintenance even with no patch...as the whole cluster has to come down to load whatever patch for whatever shared game is on that cluster.

It could easily be a different game causing the server issue.
    amg, mr spock invading nw
  • iamtoonastyiamtoonasty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm seeing my Cyrptic Launcher Autoupdate failing repeatedly to contact the patch servers or even get to a point that it can show server status. I've downloaded the lastest/greatest launcher to try and fix it because an apparent lack of notification or acknowledgement on the forums advising of patching server outage or general support information to suggest that they know that there are server side problems that they are working on and advising people not to waste time troubleshooting and manually fixing clients that aren't actually broke.

Or did I miss that support post?
  • dylanclearbrookdylanclearbrook Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    COH huh? Loved that game. Have you checked out the news on City of Titans?

Sorta....just saw on FB that they put out some announcement...but haven't seen it yet.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foosbooty wrote: »
    Is there a server status page somewhere so I don't have to keep trying to reconnect every 5 minutes or so?

There used to be, but i haven't been able to find one since they redid their site
  • everwherebuthereeverwherebuthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    amg, mr spock invading nw
    i thought it was the Tribbles ?
  • foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    got through the patch server but not connectiing to login server. PROGRESS.
    edited March 2014
    I'm seeing my Cyrptic Launcher Autoupdate failing repeatedly to contact the patch servers or even get to a point that it can show server status. I've downloaded the lastest/greatest launcher to try and fix it because an apparent lack of notification or acknowledgement on the forums advising of patching server outage or general support information to suggest that they know that there are server side problems that they are working on and advising people not to waste time troubleshooting and manually fixing clients that aren't actually broke.

Or did I miss that support post?

Here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635021-Can-t-log-in-and-out-connection-time-out-(Team-is-investigating)&p=7544421#post7544421

Also on Facebook and Twitter ,they took the entire server offline , STO and CO are down too as far as I know.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
This discussion has been closed.