test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profound Weapons are GARBAGE w/o a set bonus

corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
top end damage needs to be increased very significantly to make up for the lack of a set bonus. If not, simply remove them from the game as its way to easy to select the wrong item while making a purchase. You wouldn't want to waste that much glory and seals on such a useless item
Post edited by corpsemaker86 on

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ive posted on this several times and completely agree.

The BEST solution to this IMO is to make weapons count towards the 4/4 pvp set bonus. This means that players could use MH+OH+2 armor pieces and get the 4/4 bonus and THEN would be able to use another 2 pieces of armor of their choice.

This gives ALOT of gear options/choices for pvp and makes weapons worth while. Otherwise, its just a waste of time and nobody is going to use them.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Started in on weapon smithing on my rogues recently for this reason. Now that I don't need as much extra recovery anymore I can go for set bonus weapons. I definitely agree the set bonus for other weapons makes using any tenacity weapons undesirable. Really really hope they add set effects to the tenacity weapons.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If the add some wep set bonus in to the wepon sets pls rase her glory need to 50k glory and 14 seal each piece.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think right now the alternative of tenacity weapons is mostly for the ones who don't care losing the 450 crit bonus and want to gain tenacity from the weapon set while keeping some non-PvP jewelry with defensive slots (all PvP jewels have offensive slots) to stack HP.

For example, if you already have high enough crit (over 2k, let's say 2.5k) you give up your PvE weapon set to het the almost 300 tenacity from the PvP weapon set, and keep for example 2 PvE rings with HP stat and radiants on defensive slot.

Making them part of the 4/4 set can open up more options when mixing the various sets. Pretty much i can see sentinel tanks going for a 2/2/2 grim combo to slot even more HP. Some people could go 4/2 to increase deflection, but not sure. I see a lot of fetish for stacked HPs in PvP. The more HP, the better. And a 2/2/2 combo is 5.4k HP bonus, at the cost of some attack (964 instead of 1k or 984).
    Can't see many GWFs going for the 450 crit bonus from profund gear.

But while i understand why people would be happy to get stronger with a double or triple bonus from gear, i also think that it must be considered very carefully.

One think i'd like to see to improve the internal balance, at least in the GWF class, are weapon requirements.

For example:

Destroyer PvP sword set: 980-1k damage, 1.7k power, crit, ArP and deflect. 2/2 set bonus could be more ArP or crit, let's say 250. Requirement: 23+ STR

Instigator PvP sword set: 780-900 damage, 1.5k power plus usual stat bonus. 2/2 Bonus could be recovery, 250 points. Requirement: 20+ STR, 20+ DEX.

Sentinel PvP sword set: 680-800 damage, 1.3k power plus HP and usual stat bonus. 2/2 Bonus could be 900 HP. Requirement: 23+ CON.

Just a basic idea, the numbers would be different, but could actually help giving a tradeoff between defensive builds and offensive builds, giving a clear DPS advantage to DPS builds over tank builds.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Much of the Tenacity gear is lacking. Such as...

1. No CW set has Deflection. I still run HV because of this and because the set bonus is better.
    2. Profound GWF gear doesn't give bonus HP. Sticking with the Grim sets, thank you.
    3. No weapon set bonuses. I'll stick with Fomorian/Dread Legion, thank you.
    4. No GWF gear has regen. A couple GWFs in my guild still run IS/Titans because of this.
    5. PVP bracers cannot be reinforced. Lame.

Long story short, the new gear sets leave a LOT of room for improvement.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    This is how bad GF gear is: I'm running PvP weapons because 1% tenacity is more useful to me than the +450 defense that comes 2 piece pve bonus.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Disagreed.

PVP weapon set are pretty nice due to the stat they give. And I don't mean tenacity.

Even on my GWF I don't go for the +450 crit because I already manage to obtain a decent crit rating therefore I see more value in max HP and some extra delfect/defense.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if they even make pvp weapon+ofhand set then it should give tentacy