test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issue: Long PvP Queue Times

synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The PvP queue is broken again. That is all.
Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
Post edited by synozeer on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Someone says it takes GS into account now. Still, I've been trying to get in pvp since the patch and still no result
  • Options
    nemesaonemesao Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As always, you shouldnt be surprised. Every new patch, they break things that have been fixed patchs ago, or even, break right things that was never touched.

Welcome to NW
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, we are definitely aware of this and we hope to have the issue resolved next week the latest. Until then, we will continue to monitor the queue times in-game and I'll be forwarding any feedback you may have.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I could see longer pvp queue times just after the patch just because people are probably wanting to do the CTA more than pvp. So you probably are going to see less people queue for that...at least that would seem why it may be "worse" than before todays patch.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't get in PVP or CTA?!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thank you for the reports, everyone.

please do not open any new threads whether that be here or in the bug reports forums about queue time issues. it is a known issue and adding more threads isn't going to make anything go faster.

thanks.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, we are definitely aware of this and we hope to have the issue resolved next week the latest. Until then, we will continue to monitor the queue times in-game and I'll be forwarding any feedback you may have.

Next week ?!? You mean once the event is done and the queue is not needed anymore ?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Waited 20 minutes tonight and no queue. Anyone know if anything up with the ELO system?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Wow. Next week? Umm... Okay. *whistles*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP queue times after patch: 10-50 minutes... yes I got lucky twice when we queued just 2. 5 man party=50 mins wait or so.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Whatever you need to do to make matchmaking better, it is the primary ingredient in enjoyable pvp.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its still teaming improperly.
    If i queue solo, im still getting sub 10k gs people in a group. Im running like 16k.. Ive won much much more than lost.

No reason to put scrubs in the group then pit my team against a solid 13k-15k gs team.

Im not even sure ELO is in there or doin what it should be lol.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Wow. Next week? Umm... Okay. *whistles*

ya one has to wonder how many people will find something else to do in the mean time and just not come back. I'll keep playing because I think NWO is the god of games and of course there is not anything more fun to do than waiting in a q for twenty minutes and watching my friends quit the game. Not sure many people will feel as I do though.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    After the latest patch, it certainly feels like they're trying to bring back the ELO system that wasn't working very well.

I think most of us prefer the ELO being toned down, and not having to wait for more than 10 mins to get into a match. I hope it doesn't take as many pages and threads of complaints as it did last time for them to finally fix it again, by removing what obviously isn't working properly.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    dakemansdakemans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its still teaming improperly.
    If i queue solo, im still getting sub 10k gs people in a group. Im running like 16k.. Ive won much much more than lost.

No reason to put scrubs in the group then pit my team against a solid 13k-15k gs team.

Im not even sure ELO is in there or doin what it should be lol.

i just thinking, matcmaking is using total gs on team not personal gs. Did you ever enumerate the whole gearscore in your team or oponent team?
  • Options
    calous78calous78 Banned Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    I really just think the problem is there is not a large enough player base queuing. Figure 20 or so well geared competent peeps queuing and the rest are 8kgs non-English speaking role players rocken repel, sly flourish, or running around with sword master speced fighters....

Maybe once mod 3 comes the player base will increase enough to make an ELO system more effective.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Not sure if its broken on purpose to stop my final enjoyment of my class before it gets gutted,either way, fyi: pvp isn't popping on dragon server.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In my experience, attempting to PvP during a Call-To-Arms Event is always a waste of time. Only the hardest-core players are playing and, generally speaking, they are playing as a Team. In the event you DO get a P.U.G. you will be matched against one of the aforementioned baddasses and promptly stomped into a greasy stain on the Arena flagstones.
    So, just wait the event out. It ends in about a day and a half or so.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Had a party of 3... waited about 20 minutes each time. Each match was a landslide, too.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    The queue seems to prefer and work much better with solo players. I get in relatively fast and into consecutive, good matches solo queuing, but every additional teammate exponentially increases queue times.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yep. Even teams of two isn't an issue. It seems 3 or more messes with the ELO system.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    The queue seems to prefer and work much better with solo players. I get in relatively fast and into consecutive, good matches solo queuing, but every additional teammate exponentially increases queue times.

If you mean this after CTA, then I guess you're lucky. I'm regular 10k guy and before CTA my solo queue times were around 30 seconds - 1 minute and the matches were mixed bag, sometimes it was a draw, sometimes we were utterly annihilated, sometimes we won.

Now after CTA, my queue times are 30min - 1hour (!) and the matches are again mixed bag. One noteworthy was where we won by 5 points, but we were stomped upon in the next one as well. So the matchmaking did not seem to improve significantly, but the queue times degraded to the point that I stopped queueing and started leveling my alt. I can't stare 30 minutes into the screen and I don't want to get interrupted by queue in the middle of quest.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »

Problem is I get put with 7K GS players if I do this, and meet premades as well... yesterday one of the matches we met premade with r8-10s and perfects and I had 2 7K GS players and one 13K without armor/wep enchants. Asked for 1vs1, got 2-3-4vsme instead, remained in spawn, gg, lost to 0.

For this I had to wait almost an hour in queue...
  • Options
    budiubudiu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this is ****ing stupid....

i only have a certain time i can play every day, all i want to do is queue for some pvp, get my seal of triumph, maybe have some fun play a few matches before i have to leave... But no... cant even do that... ****ing trash system really.... stop introducing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bugs every freaking update. Honestly, at least let players redeem a seal of triumph every day we cant get it by playing the stupid game....
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Played three games this morning.
    Game 1, solo queue on CW.
    25min queue. Fairly balanced teams(that is to say, both teams had some idiots and some people who knew how to play domination). Was most geared player on my side(by about 4k). Opposition had a Pvorp GWF, so it evened out.

Game 2, solo queue on CW.
    Similar 25min queue. Teams appeared balanced at start. Shouted at my team to help me backcap instead of defending middle and home. Result was landslide 1000 to ~500 victory. Only half the people in the game had armor enchants, both on my side and theirs. Opposition had a fairly decent GF with a GPF.
    Both sides had balanced comps(DC/CW/CW/GF/TR on mine and TR/TR/CW/GF/DC opposition). Again, I was the most geared player on my team, but only by 2k.

Game 3, queued as trio on my HR with guild members.
    Again, a long wait of 15-20 mins. Ended up teamed up with an EoA duo who were queuing separately(to form a full premade) vs...an EoA partial + pugs. Sadly, the opposing EoA partial's pugs were dreadful and fought off node all game. Easy win, despite the very similar gear(pvorps and biles about, with emblems on both teams).

Thus, I believe that the increased queue time is a) less people due to CTA and b) patch slightly tightened the previously very slack ELO matchmaking, resulting in games taking 3-5 times longer to find.

In all three games, the match took less time than the queue.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Today we tried queuing up a three man team to see if the times improved.

Here's what happened:

1) 15 minute time to queue up.
    2) Our 3 man EoA team turned into a 5 man EoA team as we ended up with two other members of our guild.
    3) On the opposing team there were 3 EoA members.

Good times. We queued up again for a match after, and the same thing happened again!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    sharn70sharn70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pvp queue is down for me tonight more than 15 minutes wait....
  • Options
    gretzkogretzko Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    1,5 hour of waiting for a 15-25 min pvp match...this is great...i need 7 hour to get 4k rAD...