test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New as a Beta Reviewer, reporting TOS violations

fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Foundry
Hi,

I have some questions concerning when to report a Foundry mission.
I can't really find a checklist or something when I should report a mission, or when it is just a grinder.
For example, I just did a mission where masses of big mobs are in two areas, with traps between them and the player. Seems like the author intended them to just run into the traps and get killed. However, while they avoid those traps and jump/elevate over an element of the fence around them, they don't attack me.
Should I report this?
Also, if it turns out I reported it but it was no TOS violation, will that get me into trouble?
I hope a foundry ****'s questions don't bother you too much.
Post edited by fusshupe on

Comments

• Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's a loot/xp grind by the sound of it. The idea being that ranged dps can just pick them off then loot. It is what I would call an exploit quest but I'd never recommend reporting a quest I have not played. If you think it is then I would say go for it. You shouldn't get in trouble unless you report many quests that are not or if you post the authors name here.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Report it. Dropping 50 mobs in a pre-existing map does not a foundry mission make.
    There are soooooooooooooooo many of these loot/xp farming type quests, pays to at least report it.
    It's an "attempt" at exploiting the system if nothing else.

Those are exactly why I begged the Devs to create a "Farming" type review keyword so all this rubbish can get filtered out by people who want actual content and filtered in by the troglodytes that just want an "insert-sword-here-for-xp" quest.
  • Options
    fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the answers, I filed a report now.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with you Eldarth, I play foundries because I enjoy playing interesting stories and new maps. but 90% of the foundry quests are just "let's throw 100 regular mobs and 10 elite solo ones in a premade map and call it a day...
    At least some of them are names "xxxx farm" so I know what to expect.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I agree with you Eldarth, I play foundries because I enjoy playing interesting stories and new maps. but 90% of the foundry quests are just "let's throw 100 regular mobs and 10 elite solo ones in a premade map and call it a day...
    At least some of them are names "xxxx farm" so I know what to expect.

Admittedly I would like a filter and categorization of module types I can click on.

While I certainly don't mind doing an arena style fight map on occasion, these are not even close to the same type of effort put into an actual story related module.

I would like to be able to filter those out when I'm looking for actual content rather than just a Diablo 2 romp.
  • Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Admittedly I would like a filter and categorization of module types I can click on.

While I certainly don't mind doing an arena style fight map on occasion, these are not even close to the same type of effort put into an actual story related module.

I would like to be able to filter those out when I'm looking for actual content rather than just a Diablo 2 romp.

It is at least in part the fault of the foundry set up. There should clearly be searchable categories for quests or other options to narrow down your search (maybe on the basis of boxes ticked as part of user reviews). If the exploits or mindless grinders could be stuck in a separate list somewhere I could at least filter them out and ignore them.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is at least in part the fault of the foundry set up. There should clearly be searchable categories for quests or other options to narrow down your search (maybe on the basis of boxes ticked as part of user reviews). If the exploits or mindless grinders could be stuck in a separate list somewhere I could at least filter them out and ignore them.

Um. You know there are review tags, right?
    (Of course, they are nearly worthless because people don't seem to know about them at review time.)

DSkPiw0.png