test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Castle Never: what's the deal with it?

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
So... each time I queue for this I wind up in a group that's either leaving while still at the entrance, or sometimes one that's just finished.
Are people queueing and leaving if they don't get the group make-up that they want? (like the old nonsense where they'd only run epics with two DCs to abuse the stacking of Astral shielding, or whatever the skill is called - before the devs balanced it)
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?627901-What-s-up-with-the-Epic-Dungeon-Queues&p=7465531&viewfull=1#post7465531

Also there is some sort of thing with the DD chest in CN. I don't know what it is and wouldn't say if I did, but it accounts for some of the behavior you describe.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, CN being a free TP to PE, people often queue for convenience.

Hey, someone had to spill the beans ;).
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Queue up, leave party, and you're right by the Lord Protector, to see which quest he's giving. Much easier than walking through that lag infested zone.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cn has always been the biggest comedy exploit zone, worse than tos even. Now there is even a way to perma stun draco and its so easy people do it by accident. Of course now 10kgs groups are chain clearing it and crashing the market for cn stuff. It might take them an hour to do the whole thing but they can't lose.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, there is a video of us with a perma stunned draco - totally on accident, no idea how to repeat it. Luckily I won't be accused of of needing to do that anytime soon ^_^

All groups that clear CN are premade. No one ever queues in and expects to complete it.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Queue up, leave party, and you're right by the Lord Protector, to see which quest he's giving. Much easier than walking through that lag infested zone.

Switching to a different instance of PE also lands you there. :D
    pitshade wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?627901-What-s-up-with-the-Epic-Dungeon-Queues&p=7465531&viewfull=1#post7465531

Also there is some sort of thing with the DD chest in CN. I don't know what it is and wouldn't say if I did, but it accounts for some of the behavior you describe.

Yeah, I figured that might be part of it - lets just say I had a very pleasant surprise waiting for me on one of my many queues.
    Though at that point I had lost so much time trying to get a group for that dungeon that I felt I absolutely deserved that reward. =P
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Found the same exact thing will work on every dragon encounter and will interrupt valindra in mc and prevent the afk test from coming into effect. And its not like its some insane combination of weird stuff its just a basic thing you would expect a player to do even if it might be a little overeager. I suspect something went very wrong in changing how one specific power is supposed to work in the pvp rebalancing and given how long it took for them to fix slam and maelstorm you kind of have to wonder if cn is now a free clear for literally anybody for the next 6 months. You can see the effect on prices quite clearly in the auction house. The guardian fighter hasn't been a very in demand class for a while now but the cn mainhand is now sub 100k.

Anyway off to find out how to make a bug report. Can't make much ad if there are packs of low gs players chain clearing the place.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Found the same exact thing will work on every dragon encounter and will interrupt valindra in mc and prevent the afk test from coming into effect. And its not like its some insane combination of weird stuff its just a basic thing you would expect a player to do even if it might be a little overeager. I suspect something went very wrong in changing how one specific power is supposed to work in the pvp rebalancing and given how long it took for them to fix slam and maelstorm you kind of have to wonder if cn is now a free clear for literally anybody for the next 6 months. You can see the effect on prices quite clearly in the auction house. The guardian fighter hasn't been a very in demand class for a while now but the cn mainhand is now sub 100k.

Anyway off to find out how to make a bug report. Can't make much ad if there are packs of low gs players chain clearing the place.

He, free clear for some, maybe. I for one still have to clear it legit, let alone figure the Moradin-knows-what bug they introduced this time.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

When the CN set is less than the mulhourand set, something is just hilariously wrong.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    He, free clear for some, maybe. I for one still have to clear it legit, let alone figure the Moradin-knows-what bug they introduced this time.

Its not mentioned in the patchnotes for today's maintenance so you likely have a while to figure it out.

On an entirely unrelated note did you know the forum names are the @names in game so you could likely just ask someone about anything they say on the forums in game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, i hate glitches on draco, it hurts the market

We still routinely kill him under 3 minutes, so no point in learning this :S Hopefully it is fixed today.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Its not mentioned in the patchnotes for today's maintenance so you likely have a while to figure it out.
    Fixes like that are usually not found in the patch notes unless knowledge of the bug is so widespread that exploiting it is commonplace or not even understood to be working other than intended - such as the HV set bug or Val being interruptable in MC.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Like I said a look at the auction house will tell you how widespread it is.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Almost certainly not as widespread as the HV bug or even the MC one. The point being that the patch notes usually contain information on exploit fixes when people may legitimately believe they are not exploiting a bug. I doubt seriously that that is the case with this issue.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    castle never is still the hardest last boss fight so you will find lots and lots of failed teams, never queue for it alone, you will probably never get a good team
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well I guess we will find out shortly, cn gf weapons going all the way to 50K or back to near 200k?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    bug still happening Q.Q
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So annoying, you have to tell the dc to under no circumstances do something he might well inclined to do depending how the fight is going to have your fun boss fight.

gweef sword down to 398k, used to be 700k not so long ago because of insane demand from princess players who only whatever is most op.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It actually happened to us accidentally multiple times. DC trying to lose a RW and oops XD.

Bug is too easy to find and too easy to exploit. It needs to be fixed quickly.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Use the report bug option in the help menu
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's because of a very very old bug that still exists to this day and people are just getting in and out for it to work.. There have been numerous reports about it, but who cares about bugs in this game right..?....
  • Options
    marduk6sic6marduk6sic6 Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2014
    lol but they DO care about a bug letting you get any amount of stones fixed within a few hours.... go figure
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol but they DO care about a bug letting you get any amount of stones fixed within a few hours.... go figure

Ahahahaha you joke - right ?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

On an entirely unrelated note did you know the forum names are the @names in game so you could likely just ask someone about anything they say on the forums in game.

He, no matter, I already was told because we had a cleric going to Karrundax and he had to switch powers to avoid bugging the dragon.

Kinda mind-blowing that this can actually happen...I mean...seriously...

Meanwhile everybody is getting ancient weapons like candy...it really feels like legit people are getting shafted, since everyone else can farm them like candy and meanwhile Azharzel still smacks me around.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    They hotfix anything that costs them sales.