test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

a lvl 60 Halfing TR has way more highher scores than my lvl 60 half-orc

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Below left is screenshot of my trickster rogue ability scores (lvl 60 - half-orc)
Below right is another TR that was in my group (lvl 60 - halfling)

Why are his ability scores so higher than mine? When I rolled my character i kept rolling until I had the highest possible.
Yet this halfling has more in every stat... how?

Halfling TR has more than me: +2 str, +2 con, +2, int, +1 cha

???

TR1.jpg

I took the screen shots at exact same time inside a dungeon while grouped.
Post edited by kurtb88 on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did he have campfire bonus and the potion of heroism ? And you didn't
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    no campfire. dunno about any potion. if a potion like that is expensive then i doubt it since we were just doing 3 min Death Forge run in Dread Spire daily.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've also noticed characters with substantially higher stats than I can explain. 7 additional stat points seems the magic number.
  • zephyrwestwindzephyrwestwind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another thing that makes a difference is the starting roll. It can vary from a high of 81 total points to either 76 or 74. I don't recall the lowest roll. These points include the racial bonuses.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    The rolls aren't quite direct rolls. They do use the point buy system.

Explained: All ability scores start at 8.

Ability Score
    Cost to Increase

8-13

14-16

17-18

As such a character with the biggest numbers initially won't necessarily result in the highest total amount of points as the points you earn while leveling are granted 1:1.

I haven't done the math to see if the rolls do vary when set to 8 but I can tell you rolls which include 18's as base rolls always have lower total points as noted by zephyrwestwind.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yeah. I figured that out before rolling my first char. I get close to the maximum # of points on all my initial rolls.