test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ROBOBO, MAPOLIS...c'mon!

apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Foundry

Common fellas,

Over a year later...and we are desperately awaiting new assets, tools, and well...BOSSES! Isn't there anything, anything at all that you guys can share with the Authoring community that is scheduled 100% for the Foundry for module 3?

*where are the Big Bad bosses? at this point who gives a crud about exploiters, the game is already riddled with them as is.
*where are the appear/disappear options when for reach markers?
*where are many other hot items requested over a year ago?

Has the Foundry really been abandoned? because the continued silence has everyone thinking so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
Ravenloft
Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
Post edited by apocrs1980 on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would probably be almost happy if they just fixed the bloody teleporters -- I spend (waste!) hours and hours just trying to nudge them into the proper place. A N N O Y I N G !
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    apocrs1980 wrote: »

Has the Foundry really been abandoned? because the continued silence has everyone thinking so.

I put this question to them with a thread called 'Is the foundry being phased out' a few months back. It had pages of posts and a dev eventually replied and stated that it most definitely was not. I think they then brought back spotlights because of it and that is all since. (other than the few effects from xmas)

Currently I can't bring myself to bother continuing to make quests. All I do now is make maps and never publish. I have three quests all but finished. But I just can't be bothered as I already know that the quests will get slated for quest trail errors, empty loot chests, and no boss fights. Without replying individually to each person I can't even let them no that it's not my fault.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    antonkyle wrote: »
    But I just can't be bothered as I already know that the quests will get slated for quest trail errors, empty loot chests, and no boss fights. Without replying individually to each person I can't even let them no that it's not my fault.

I think any future quests I release will have BOTH a pre-quest "Known Foundry Deficiencies" dialog and a final false chest "Cryptic is responsible for the contents/emptiness of this final chest." dialog.

...and even with the false final chest notification I still get "no reward" reviews. *facepalm*
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I encourage all of you to watch/listen to the podcast Kirksplat did and linked to with the STO foundry lead. The interview starts around 15 minutes in. The link to the podcast is in the other thread. That may be STO you say, but their Foundry person indicates how Cryptic spents it's resource jots.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    ...and even with the false final chest notification I still get "no reward" reviews. *facepalm*

Maybe it would be worth linking this text into the quest so they have to read it in order to complete the quest, as in:

A) Have you read that the chest loot is out of the authors hand?

1)Yes - go to (B)
    2)No - quest fails.

B) Are you sure?

1) No - quest fail
    2) Yes - go to (c)

C) Great, don't forget to rate and leave a review but if you leave a one star comment along the lines of 'no loot' I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. Have a great day.

I think you may be on to something.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    apocrs1980 wrote: »

Has the Foundry really been abandoned?

Yes. It kills me, but yes.

I strongly suspect the problem is between Cryptic devs who have some vision and moneysuits who can't imagine why anyone would care.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The podcast explains how they make their decisions. You can tell whether its the devs or the "moneysuits".
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I believe Robobo is currently focussing on Champions Online (it was in his signature along with "Foundry Producer" and such) - I don't think Foundry has been abandoned, though work on it is currently at a lower priority than it bass been. We can only hope this lower priority status is a temporary thing.
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I believe Robobo is currently focussing on Champions Online (it was in his signature along with "Foundry Producer" and such) - I don't think Foundry has been abandoned, though work on it is currently at a lower priority than it bass been. We can only hope this lower priority status is a temporary thing.

No it has not been abandoned...
    It has been put on the back burner with the flame turned down to it's lowest setting where even the slightest breeze will blow it out. And if it does blow out... no one will discover that for months. LOL :)

Narayan
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No it has not been abandoned...
    It has been put on the back burner with the flame turned down to it's lowest setting where even the slightest breeze will blow it out. And if it does blow out... no one will discover that for months. LOL :)

Narayan
    ... in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Have faith (he said trying to put on a brave face)...

Module 1 brought us 3d editing.
    Module 2 brought us drag-n-drop 3d editing.

At the very least we should be getting some new mobs from Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry guys, but you are still seeing features coming into the Foundry, while STO waits 'patiently' for them.

In other news welcome to where we were at around the time of Season 5 of STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but you are still seeing features coming into the Foundry, while STO waits 'patiently' for them.

In other news welcome to where we were at around the time of Season 5 of STO.

Amazing, isn't it -- one wonders why there needs to be a "Foundry Development Team Manager" when there seems to be no (or maybe a solo) developers.
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Have faith (he said trying to put on a brave face)...

Module 1 brought us 3d editing.
    Module 2 brought us drag-n-drop 3d editing.

At the very least we should be getting some new mobs from Icewind Dale.

Yeah...
    Module 1 3d editing... Buggy as hell
    Module 2 drag & drop 3d editing... Buggy as hell
    And still loads of bugs with no fixes

oh and I shouldn't forget...
    Yea!!! new skinned mobs... WooHoo!

/sarcasm
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah...
    Module 1 3d editing... Buggy as hell
    Module 2 drag & drop 3d editing... Buggy as hell
    And still loads of bugs with no fixes

oh and I shouldn't forget...
    Yea!!! new skinned mobs... WooHoo!

/sarcasm

Well...yeah, although Sharandar did give us redcaps (different fight mechanisms), and 3 new Solo mobs (Totemist, Witch, that other one). Dread Ring also gave us 3 new Solo mobs (Evoker, Illusionist, Summoner).

But... all pretty bland - and no bosses.