What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenacity Discussion Thread

167891012»

Comments

• deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    veramis1 wrote: »

Hypothetical, and wrong. Every CW uses high vizier for PVP and PVE.

LOL yeah but.... no.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What this man says is true. What I liked about pvp in this game is there wasnt no real pvp. You could use any kind of gear as long as it fit your playstyle for the character you played. I used a mix of regular pve and pvp gear and I generally do well in pvp.

You can do it even now. I mean, mixing PvP and PvE gear. Less tenacity, but the bonus on the PvE part could fit your playstyle more.
    At least for GWFs, 2 pieces bonuses on profund gear are not that good (all 450 crit). And PvP weapon sets deal less damage than PvE sets, while going with tenacity.

You also can use the new PvP gear in PvE. There are still tons of possibilities even for people who do not like building 2 sets of gear.
    edited March 2014
    sicxs666 wrote: »
    Ur way how u want to discuss is childish. I didnt mean u, i mean ALL Gwfs. I didnt read each post, and i wont do it. i just red some and each single post i red from a gwf is the same. and talking about the necessary of a pve set and pvp set makes no sense. why?

I'm discussing in game features, not attacking people or talking about a Whole class like it is some kind of religious Group. You don't read each post, then you should not make assumptions. I don't play a sentinel tank, which is the "OP build" right now, i play a hybrid. Which is far from being unkillable, at 29k HP and 2.5k defense-20% deflection.
    u going to force someone into a roll. DC set force u to heal, u wont be able to do dmg. so, u cant delete the damaga path at all. i want to play my class as i want to do. did u ever play a dc? its like throwing with paper and post patch u will throw with air and heal with love. do u really think, it is balance that right now u need 3 or 4 ppl to kill a gwf who can even stand like for 10 sec? at least? or can kill 2 of em? im not talking about 10k pugs or 12k. u hit with 12k crit. with which CD? 10sec? or 12? well i heal about 1.5k with a divine HW. im not immune to CC, i cant heal the dmg u do, there is no way. so please open ur eyes and stop beeing proud to play a "unstoppable" class in pvp.

PvP gear will force people into a role for what reason? You can make all the gear combo you want, and the build is the same, no matter the gear. Also, gear sets can be changed, you know. And new sets can be added. Devs are already working to improve DCs post-patch situation, and CWs already got some love with cc resistance from tenacity reduced by 2/3. And i'm among the ones who asked for a CW buff and a DC buff. You don't read the posts, then you should not make assuptions about what people do. I also posted many times with many suggestions to balance sentinel GWFs. So, again, your assumption of me being "proud of playing an unstoppable class" comes from not knowing a thing, and making assumptions about people.
    Still, we were talking about the need for 2 sets, which has nothing to do with balance between classes. It would be nice to be able to just discuss normally without people raging like that even when we're talking about something else.
    summary: a gwf has defence and HP like a tank, doing dmg like a TR and heal hisself like a DC. good choice playing a gwf and defened ur own class.

I started a GWF destroyer, i play a hybrid which is not the sentinel tank you hate so much, and i started playing it when people laughed at us and GWFs were not wanted in any PvE party. Plus, as i said above, there are already many of my posts about how to balance GWF sentinel Iron vanguard tanks, which are the OP build right now. So, again, your "assumptions" about me, and your attack, have no real base, just you raging.

We can discuss stuff about the game, or you guys can keep raging against "all GWFs" and keep that "GWFs are bad people" attitude.
  • veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    GWF are bad people, abusing deep gash which is an exploit.
  • cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    per Devs, deepgash is working as intended.
  • sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    do i?

yes, u can change ur gear if u want, or not if u dont want. so there will be NO CHANGE with gwfs.

talking about POST PATCH DC changes? cool, why not fixing the bugs of the spells NOW?

do u really think, with new sets everything will be balanced? kinda unwordly

gwfs making too much dmg and have to much defence with heavily CC spells and CC immunity. nothing will chance, or u really think a -10% to each stats on enemy class will fix it? come on.
  • zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    Everyone was telling the devs GWF is OP god mode.So they add Tenacity and healing depression which does nothing at all to GWF.they are still OP god mode.
    so in the end DC is nerfed and CW is nerfed yet nothing at all has really changed for GWF.
    they might actually be slightly stronger now.
    edited March 2014
    Deep Gash is working as intended in PvE, allowing GWFs to be where they need to be for damage: on par with CWs at least on AoE damage.

Tenacity will affect critical damage with a 20% crit reduction on top of the 20% increase reduction to damage. Deep Gash is a crit. This means its PvP damage will decrease a lot.

Also: it's not "GWFs", again, it's "IV sentinel tanks". You can call the IVST if you think it's too long. Get facts straight, instead of bashing an entire class.

Right now, IVSTs are able to tank multiple enemies thanks to a high sinergy between high HPs, high regeneration and Unstoppable. Regeneration and temp HP (unstoppable) get a 50% nerf, and it is pure logic that a tank that rely heavily on these 2 things, and the sinergy between them, will have his survivability reduced more.
    And, in fact, the ones who tested it said that now 2v1 you go down fast, IVST or not.

1v1 they damage reduction makes them still very hard to take down but now they DO GO DOWN, and cannot regenerate so much. Which is fair for a tank build.
    The problem, i said it already, is that they can keep a high damage. Part of the problem is cause of the weapon base damage. Part is due to critical builds, but crit in PvP gets a nerf. And part, if you ask me, is due to the fact that CON, which is capped on IVSTs to max HP, also gives ArP, which is, to me, the best offensive stat in PvP, and will be even more after the update. On top of that, constitution focus gives a buff to not just HP, but ArP too. A IVST with 26 CON gets 18% ArP base. Then add ArP stacked. It does much more than power in PvP.
    I think it would be better to move ArP to another attribute, may be strenght. 18% less ArP on full tank/CON builds would be a nice help. And would buff DPS STR builds to the point of making them viable as hard-hitters in PvP.

The rest of the balance is not through nerfs, but buffs to other classes.
    CWs got tenacity cc resist ignored.
    Every class now can be tweaked and tuned for PvP and PvE separately. I say wait and see, things will get better.
  • zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    The rest of the balance is not through nerfs, but buffs to other classes.
    CWs got tenacity cc resist ignored.
    Every class now can be tweaked and tuned for PvP and PvE separately. I say wait and see, things will get better.

I agree.
    though I think there are still some OP classes.what they are doing is making it so they can tweek things and make very minor changes more easly.
    Little by little the classes will become more and more balanced.

I really wasnt sure about their direction at first but the more I think about it the more im realizing this is going to be real good in the long run :)
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Adding a stat to all classes will just make the strong class stronger further improving their setup, there will just be more versatility for them to chose between and they can do as they please with their stats since their builds are already topping out the other classes.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cheapjing wrote: »
    per Devs, deepgash is working as intended.

Don't be crazy, developer confirmed with many witnesses around it's bugged.

This isn't the scope of the discussion AT ALL though.

And nobody cares if GWF does great damage in PvE. Mobs don't complain. I wouldn't mind if GWF would do twice as much. All I care is how they perform in PvP, where they're ... a bit out of line with other classes, to put this mildly so not to upset the audience.
    edited March 2014
    Yesterday on live something weird happened. I was fighting another GWF. I meet him alone, i prone him and DPS him to 15% of his HPs. He runs. Then he comes back healed. We fight again. My prones failed 4-5 times in a row. He was not in unstoppable. I mean, he didn't budge an inch. It's not like the duration was reduced. I didn't even damaged him. And it was a full 1 minute during which none of my prones had any effect.

I already experienced prones failing, but never this much. I don't understand how this bug works. The GWF was not a halfling. So i don't know if the halfling racial is involved...
This discussion has been closed.