test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb Spider Active Bonus - REQ info from current owners?

chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi all.

I am wondering about the active bonus on the Tomb Spider.

On Encounter use, 1% chance to inject deadly poison.

I realize how slim that chance is. So was wondering if anyone had any experience with this companion he or she could share?

Wondering if you noted whether it worked, and if you had any kind of idea duration (poison, so I am assuming DoT,) and damage per sec?

Thank you for any information you can provide.
Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
Post edited by chaoscourtesan on

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah was wondering the same thing. I've read somewhere that it is DoT but no clue on what damage level we're talking about.
    But looking at 1% chance on encounter...meh
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Agree, but if making a dot build.. like a fire mage.. it might be good, right? Thanks for responding Kemi.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well in general I guess all "on encounter" active bonuses are made for CW's.
    This is because they spam their encounters like crazy + they have the higher recovery stat (well it depends really:)).
    But, without a doubt, most of CW's damage comes from encounters so the more you're using them, more chances to proc the "bonus" thingy.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited February 2014
    True. Now all that remains is to find out if this item does work, and if it's even worth seeing it proc. XD
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been using the Tomb spider for a while. On my Level 60 TR it does seem to proc about 1% of the time and does about 800 damage when it does. No DoT.
    edited February 2014
    Not what I was hoping to hear, but what I needed to know. Thanks ZekeHubris!
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On my CW I see the "Deadly Poison" effect proc quite often, but I am hitting large groups with several powers. I have also been using a Wererat Thief, which has a 3% chance for "Poison" to proc, between the 2 of them I get a lot of extra damage with my encounters. Not sure if it is the most effective way to go, but it sure is fun.

And the Tomb Spider makes a decent companion for SCA as well.
This discussion has been closed.