test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stone of Radiance

niknikateenniknikateen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Has any one else received there's ? There was no notification.
fnfgnfsvs.jpg
Post edited by niknikateen on

Comments

• oxnard180oxnard180 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got mine, had to go to the vendor to get it. And as you said there was no notification.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sweet , I just logged on to check and yeah mines there , been checking all day but it never showed up so they must have sent them out just after I logged off , can only get one at a time per character though unlike the illusionist who you can still pick up as many times as you want onto one character.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Sweet , I just logged on to check and yeah mines there , been checking all day but it never showed up so they must have sent them out just after I logged off , can only get one at a time per character though unlike the illusionist who you can still pick up as many times as you want onto one character.

Being able to claim multiple illusionists is a bug. I'm guessing they didn't flag it as exclusive.
  • niknikateenniknikateen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    can only get one at a time per character though unlike the illusionist who you can still pick up as many times as you want onto one character.

Looks like you can only get one per character, but you can get one on all of your characters.
  • niknikateenniknikateen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iteide wrote: »
    for some reason my friend transfered 1000 zen and didn't get the stone? what wrong?

Not 100% certain but i think they are sending them out in waves, alphabetical with you @&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> name
  • loxxxyloxxxy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I got mine but I had to go get it. Was passing and thought I would check. Didn't receive any notification mail.
  • loxxxyloxxxy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did he get the mail stating he would get the stone if he transfered Zen? If he didn't then he won't get the stone. I've played since beta but only just returned after a long stint playing STO again so I got the mail.

Anyway if he did get the mail then I would wait 24 hours and if still no joy then put in a ticket. Get him to check the claims guy to see if its there as I got no ingame or out of game mail.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    loxxxy wrote: »
    Did he get the mail stating he would get the stone if he transfered Zen? If he didn't then he won't get the stone. I've played since beta but only just returned after a long stint playing STO again so I got the mail.

Not entirely true. It only matters that he was sent the email, not that he ever received it. It was possible that it was sent and not received, and that he qualified for the offer.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very nice. I'll have to check when I get home...I have a few chars at least that are waiting on this.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just got an email a few minutes ago saying mine was available...too bad I'm at work for another 4 hours
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got a confirmation e-mail saying it was ready at the claims office. Logged in hooked my toons up. By the way, it has a belt slot, rather than the icon slot many people were saying it has.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ditto... I got a confirmation email also (though for some reason I thought the last one was an in-game mail message, but I could be misremembering, though). In a nutshell, if you didn't get the initial email, and you don't get this "congratulations" email, but yet you still got the stone: you might want to check your email system all the way a round. Something's amiss.

I dunno if I like the covert style of rewards this way. I mean, hurray I was lucky enough to just happen to buy zen without even knowing about it. However, knowing about it would give me incentive to meet the reward requirements. For now it feels more like a "lucky winning prize!" rather than a reward or bonus. LOL

Probably just as well. I actually have *too many* account-wide companions now. It's getting difficult choosing from them for my toons. (I have no intention to lay a curse against anyone or any possibility of future account-wide shiny things!)
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    Not entirely true. It only matters that he was sent the email, not that he ever received it. It was possible that it was sent and not received, and that he qualified for the offer.
    Like twstdecho, I did not get the email offer though I should have. I spoke with CS, bought the Zen during the offer period, and I have stone in the promos tab.

EDIT: I am starting to wonder if it has to do with the change over to the ARC site, I have not gotten any promo or newsletter emails since then but gotten CS and purchase ones.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't gotten my email yet. And I know that I have spent enough to get the stone (I bought the Galeb Dhur during the christmas sale, or does that not count?)
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got it but haven't played this game in monthes, maybe....
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    tharkan wrote: »
    I haven't gotten my email yet. And I know that I have spent enough to get the stone (I bought the Galeb Dhur during the christmas sale, or does that not count?)

no, that doesn't count. just spending/transferring zen is not what triggers the promotion. You need to transfer zen during this recent period. Once you get the email, yous account is flagged to monitor a zen transfer, once you transfer during the period stated in the email, you'll receive the stone after the period ends.

for instance, i got an email stating if i transfer another 1000 zen in the next 5 days, I will receive the stone within 48 hours of the period ending
    edited February 2014
    arsonall82 wrote: »
    no, that doesn't count. just spending/transferring zen is not what triggers the promotion. You need to transfer zen during this recent period. Once you get the email, yous account is flagged to monitor a zen transfer, once you transfer during the period stated in the email, you'll receive the stone after the period ends.

for instance, i got an email stating if i transfer another 1000 zen in the next 5 days, I will receive the stone within 48 hours of the period ending

Well I guess that means I can stop waiting on baited breath then. I won't be getting a stone.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was told in an Email that it was ready.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • auzfireauzfire Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got an email telling me it had arrived
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Well I guess that means I can stop waiting on baited breath then. I won't be getting a stone.

You had to actually purchase Zen and transfer it in the game. Spending Zen does not qualify you.

This promotion was to reward those who gave real money to support the game via Zen Purchases. The Zen exchange does not count.
    However if you purchased Zen in order to buy Galeb Durr and then purchased another 1000 Zen before February 24 then please contact customer service.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Like twstdecho, I did not get the email offer though I should have. I spoke with CS, bought the Zen during the offer period, and I have stone in the promos tab.

EDIT: I am starting to wonder if it has to do with the change over to the ARC site, I have not gotten any promo or newsletter emails since then but gotten CS and purchase ones.

I was thinking the same thing, VoT. When I was checking for this email, I noticed all my other notifications, but eventually, I actually went into my account and checked the settings per Melodywhr's post here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?614451-info-ioun-stone-of-radiance-offer

What I found was that I was no longer opted in to receive the newsletters/updates. I also had CS look at my account and they eventually notified me that they had, by their records, send me the email in question.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I haven't received a mail, or any in-game notification, but the promo tab of the claims vendor did offer me the stone. It seems like this promotion was remarkably poorly administered :)
  • playboyplayboyplayboyplayboy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have not received it yet personally...
    Should i wait till 9.30 AM PST then submit a ticket?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got the e-mail about the stone today, but I had actually picked it up for all my characters yesterday. I now have an overabundance of account-wide companions - every single character I create now starts his/her life with 5 green companions - Mercenary, Faithful Initiate, Renegade Illusionist, Archmage Apprentice and now the Ioun Stone of Radiance. Even though I can only use 3 companions for newly created characters, I have to say that using those companions makes the leveling process even more absurdly easy than it was before. I'm not complaining, though - after leveling several characters, I just want to get that process done as quickly as possible now.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited February 2014
    You had to actually purchase Zen and transfer it in the game. Spending Zen does not qualify you.

This promotion was to reward those who gave real money to support the game via Zen Purchases. The Zen exchange does not count.
    However if you purchased Zen in order to buy Galeb Durr and then purchased another 1000 Zen before February 24 then please contact customer service.

Nope, it was all earned zen. However, the email didn't exactly note that it had to be purchased, just that it had to be transferred.

"Transfer at least 1000 Zen into Neverwinter to receive a free Ioun Stone of Radiance!"

That is the exact wording of the email. No mention of actually having to buy the zen, just that I needed to transfer it.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope, it was all earned zen. However, the email didn't exactly note that it had to be purchased, just that it had to be transferred.

"Transfer at least 1000 Zen into Neverwinter to receive a free Ioun Stone of Radiance!"

That is the exact wording of the email. No mention of actually having to buy the zen, just that I needed to transfer it.

Yes, but they meant transfer from the 'ZEN wallet' used by Perfect World games, where you get your cash-bought ZEN gets put into Neverwinter.
  • nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Can someone pls quantify how much better or worse this new stone is compared to ioun stones of allure and might?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nowhere64 wrote: »
    Can someone pls quantify how much better or worse this new stone is compared to ioun stones of allure and might?

Around the same, really. You have to spend around the same (500K AD) to upgrade an Ioun Stone of Radiance to blue quality to use all the slots as you would have to to get an Ioun Stone of Allure (~1200 ZEN).

However, the big advantage of the Radiance stone is that it is account bound so you can use it on all your characters and only need to bother upgrading when you are absolutely certain that you will be using the character for a long time.

There are some small differences in passive bonus and other things, but they don't seem important enough to care about unless you are really into min-maxing.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I haven't received a mail, or any in-game notification, but the promo tab of the claims vendor did offer me the stone. It seems like this promotion was remarkably poorly administered :)

Unfortunately I have to agree , hopefully in future events like this will be open to everybody and will also be advertised on the forum , launcher and arc plus emails to prevent the confusion , frustration and general raging that this event created from happening again.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
This discussion has been closed.