Install Arc
Options

PvP Leaver feedback

123457»

Comments

• Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2014
    If people get punished for leaving pvp, instead of leaving they will just sit afk at pvp campfire...
    We need to have a catapult throw people into pvp area from campfire after 35 seconds to prevent this.
    If people are allowed to sit afk at campfire during pvp, then this system has failed.

YA i can see it now a premade griefer group chases the noobs to spawn.they cant leave because of the leaver penalty so they are catapulted out to the griefers.

having a leaver penalty is caveman tactics.
    why we dont give players an incentive to stay is strange.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2014
    Remember Most of the time during a blowout match the losers get ZERO for trying.
  • Options
    almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A few things that would make most of the issues at hand irrelevant:
    1) Gear score sorting of some kind, be it automatic in matchmaking, or tiered queues separated by maximum GS allowed, this is badly needed.
    2)auto afk kick (seriously, this should already be in, come on guys)
    3)people need to consider what they are doing when they start something. If you aren't dedicated enough to a pvp match to sit out the 10 or so mins it takes to finish it, you shouldn't have queued in the first place.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited February 2014
    Totally for finally adding a leaver penalty it was much needed, but doesn't address the main problem. After the reward on loss nerf that was done so long ago it's basically a waste of time to play a game you're 100% is a huge loss. (This isn't LoL you're not going to drag out a 40 min game for a epic come back lol) You can tell probably after the first 3 mins if not less how a games going to end, be it a close one, or a pure domination. When its a triple cap, and you're team is slaughtered as soon as they attempt to jump down (Because spawn camping is still a thing) it's basically over.

Now before if this happened early on, where your somewhat newbie geared pug group ran into a premaid 17k-20k group you could dodge out and attempt to find a new match, because if you stayed and fought it out at best you would receive a horrible amount of glory. Which was the whole reason why people left.

TL;DR Leaver penalty good, but buff loss rewards back to what they use to be.

-Side note...wth is with the new forum layout this is fugly as sin...and the old color pallet felt so much more DnD...this just feels like a forum version of Arc...
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    FWIW, they are also supposedly adding a ranking system and matchmaking system that utilizes it. Personally, I'd also like to see matches made a little shorter as well, (5-10 mins max).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm dedicated enough to glory farming, will do what it takes to get a losing effort over as soon as possible. Not my fault that the rewards for the losing side are as crappy as they are. The leavers penalty has shifted the approach a bit. You probably need to go two accounts now to be as effective. In case you camp on the one, you play with the other account and so on.
  • Options
    yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    goldheart wrote: »
    It's really easy to be bypassed this. KBD/Mouse with macros for 20$ and the player will go down and will use what he have as skill till death - I can wish you good luck to catch this.
    Or I can just give my computer on my little 5 years son and will go to kiss my wife.

So if you do hardest penalty then it will be follow for less money for you because less players - I do not think that you want it. About this you can look all other death MMOs.

As I said in one other threat the only solution that you can do for less damage for both side Cryptic/Players is to make queue to replace leaver with next single player that queue. This solution work in few other MMOs and there is NO DRAMA with this problem. Easy - no ? One of really nice and enjoyable things in this game because much people play PVP is that here DO NOT HAVE penalty yet.

If you put penalty 30 min something people will just refuse PVP daily and other can leave the game. If someone have 2-3 hours to play per day (and as you know they are not a little) with 30 min penalty for everything, easiest solution for the player is always new game ;)
    And of course some kind of AFK as I said above.

Do not break the game please :)

_____
    As Pando83 said make duels 5vs5 with no reward.
    Long time ago when Tera start there isn't pvp system but players had a options to do duels just like make a ride group for map farm no other places, no reward - nothing. You really can imagine how much people did it - just for fun.

what you speak is non sense lol its not like this is the first mmo. the simple things you speak of have been fixed in other mmos with no problem. the issue here is they try to really do something different. but sorry there is no way to reinvent the wheel lol. it is what it is. Im not knocking them for trying but for people being full of bs thinking they can do nothing about it. question. do you think they would rather get rid of a few d'bags that want to exploit or get a vast community that has exp in other mmos to play? One thing is for certain. people that look to be op or exploit come and go in mmos but the people who really love the games stay. And trust me we can tell in how things are spoken. I am but a passer by. This is all to slow for me, and the ignorance on both the development and player side is sickening. Nothing is ever perfect. Only a fool would think differently. As far as Tera ...HAHA nw is night and day different this is like action combat for the retirement home. waaaaaaay slower actions required. But not going there. personally if there is going to be an elo system go with the basics of elo which is 1v1. where is the 1v1 arena? last time i checked chess was 1v1... just sayin >.>
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    have said this several times but for some reason in a system to where there is no 1v1 they want to place a system that was 1v1.....facepalm ....Elo ftw....naaw come on new mmos.... seriously
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    A few things that would make most of the issues at hand irrelevant:
    1) Gear score sorting of some kind, be it automatic in matchmaking, or tiered queues separated by maximum GS allowed, this is badly needed.
    2)auto afk kick (seriously, this should already be in, come on guys)
    3)people need to consider what they are doing when they start something. If you aren't dedicated enough to a pvp match to sit out the 10 or so mins it takes to finish it, you shouldn't have queued in the first place.

as they say common sense is not so common. The developers can take that with a grain of salt as they take all other comments the community makes ....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If people get punished for leaving pvp, instead of leaving they will just sit afk at pvp campfire...
    We need to have a catapult throw people into pvp area from campfire after 35 seconds to prevent this.
    If people are allowed to sit afk at campfire during pvp, then this system has failed.

We soooo can ......DO THIS! THAT SOUNDS TO F'IN AWESOME!!! xD
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    It all depends on how good the matchmaking system works. If it does it's job, the leavers penalty makes sense.
    I think it does not make sense at all.
    Because today, by leaving and queuing again you might get an easy match/win.
    If - and that is a very, very big if, the matchmaking works correctly, re-queuing will not put you in more favorable place.
    Now it might put you in a more advantageous position. So you don't need the penalty.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Personally, I'd also like to see matches made a little shorter as well, (5-10 mins max).
    5-10 min would also be my favorite.
    The rest usually is just delaying the obvious. Yes, there might be cases where at 900:300 one player from the 900 party drops and due to extremely high luck and skill the 300 party wins, but these are exceptions.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    The leavers penalty has shifted the approach a bit. You probably need to go two accounts now to be as effective. In case you camp on the one, you play with the other account and so on.
    I know someone who did that for some time. She told me in the end it was less stress to play 1 PvE and let the PvP comp's mouse to the cat after getting the 500 points. No AFK, no time wasted, no stress.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    [...] On the other hand if you don't get penalized for it, then it can be exploited, eg party members vote kicking each other, and afking 1 min to get auto kicked, this way you'll leave the pvp match and get no penalty just as before.
    Makes you wonder why people play a game they do not want to play - and how to handle them and how to adress the issue.

Penalties are certainly the most desperate way of addressing the issue.
  • Options
    dyingwarri0rdyingwarri0r Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Idk if some1 suggested it but, what if they do like, a casual mode for people who want to just do daily/farm glory/etc etc, and then a different matchmaking for queues with the skill based system? They put no penalty in the casual queue and a severe penalty in the skill based matchmaking queue, every1 is happy
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seriously this is something we need if they are going to add penalties to gameplay.
    Some people think that gear score and tenacity along with the new matching system will help us get decent battles.
    It can't, because classes vs classes with same skill rate are not balanced.
    We will just suffer long QUE's and penalty for leaving when we get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by people with all perfects / rank 10's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Makes you wonder why people play a game they do not want to play - and how to handle them and how to adress the issue.

Penalties are certainly the most desperate way of addressing the issue.

Well, its the AD from the daily. It has been said to simply take away the AD reward. That is actually a great solution, at least at level 60. The little bit of AD you et from that one daily is just a tiny part of what your getting through professions, other dailies, invoking, so on. Take away that reward and increase pvp reward which are based on participation ad winning and imo more than half the leaver problem is already solved.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF