test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does one go about earning AD?

runehamruneham Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
How do you go about earning AD?

I've tried skirmishes... They just keep changing the rules on me. Last night I did "Defend the Village". It wasn't the skirmish I wanted to do, it was the only one I was allowed to do for the "Daily Skirmish" quest. I did it three times. Went to turn in the quest and saw I was at 1/3 and the quest had been changed to do some other skirmish. Well, at least I got the 1kAD from the chests.

I was quite happy about the chest bit. When I was skirmishing some dragon the chest contained only 27sp. Seriously, 27sp!!! Didn't even pay for my pots.

OK so I figured I'd do the Daily Foundry. Doing 2 Foundries wasn't bad. Could knock that out in 1-2 hours. I take the quest, look at it and guess what.... I now have to do 4. 4??

Daily Dungeons?... Seems that the content I am running is NEVER one of the required dungeons. I slip over to that content and guess what... By the time I get the dungeon as a quest it no longer qualifies for the Daily. I've also NEVER seen the final chest in a dungeon opened. Perfect World seems to think that instead of running dungeons when I have the time, I should be running them at whatever random time THEY feel is proper.

Sorry about getting off on a little rant there.

So, really, tell me. How does one go about earning AD. I know that there must be loads available because of the prices in the AH. I'm having a tough time just paying for all the refining I need to do.
Post edited by runeham on

Comments

• rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can only make good amounts of AD when you reach level 60 and start running Epic Dungeons and doing Lord Protectors quests.

Leadership is one of the best ways to reach you daily refining quota, but it only starts giving real money after level 16. It is really good only on level 20, though.
  • maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    well, this game is about adjusting what you will do depending on the daily and running event (that thing by the clock)

you have a pvp daily? lets do some pvp
    skirmish event running? lets do some skirmishes for extra 1000 AD from the chest (it isnt there else)
    you wanna chest from the dungeon? look for a dungeon delve event ;)

NOTE: you dont have to do all daily quest in the day you pick them, you can always wait, they are not overall exclusive, you just cant have the same quest twice, but as you lvl, you can get 2 daily dungeon quest for different dungeons or different skirmishes ;)

another ways are to skill up leadership profession or sell items on auction house or i dont know what else, try to search the forum ;)
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can't get proper AD until you're 60, so, don't even try. You'll get there very fast though, if you focus on the storyline quests.

At 60, it gets a lot easier, you have lots of daily stuff to do and that's easy to find party for. You can do DD in some easy epic dungeons to get purple stuff for salvage, and seals to buy even more purple stuff for salvage. Do Gauntlgrym for, again, purple stuff for salvage or sell on the AH.
    You also get access to Sharandar and Dread Ring for extra stuff that you can salvage or sell on the AH (refining stones and marks).

Yeah, you'll be salvaging a lot :P
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can't get proper AD until you're 60, so, don't even try.

That's ... an oversimplification. At lover levels you can easily get enough AD to make sure you always have decent blue gear - and that's all you need. Leveling up leadership just takes much, much longer than reaching level 60....I am even doing an experiment now - I have one alt that is doing absolutely nothing but invoking and doing leadership tasks. Currently she is at level 46, with leadership 19 and ... uhm... around 500.000 AD in her pocket.

If you actually like to play ;) then it's a bit different, of course.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    That's ... an oversimplification. At lover levels you can easily get enough AD to make sure you always have decent blue gear - and that's all you need.

Well, getting some AD for basic gear and actually making AD (in a reasonable amount of time!) are different things :P
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are tons of ways to make good AD regardless of your level. The linked guide includes many many ways and there are plenty of opportunities everywhere.

As far as the Daily Dungeon, get the quest from Rhix and do that dungeon to get the reward. Don't wait until you progress in the questline to get the quest to run the dungeon itself. If Rhix tells you do Graywolf Den, do that dungeon regardless of whether you're finished with Velosk. For the dungeon chest, look at the events listed next to your minimap. Be in the dungeon during the Dungeon Delves event and the chest unlocks. The event repeats every six hours during the day.

The Daily Foundry requirement depends on your level. The higher level you are, the more foundries you have to run to get the result.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The foundry quests are 1000 AD per quest.. whether the daily is for 2 or 4. And you don't have to do all four in one day, so the only thing that changed is now you have to spend 1 hour and 15 minutes to get a same day payout of 4K or spend the same amount of time over multiple days for the same payout on whatever day you finish. Once you hit 60, if you haven't, combine this with Protector's daily (check calendar) and make 12K for 4 quests.

Do Leadership. Plenty of guides.

I run at least one Epic Pirate King Delve every day.. my mates call it getting paid.. because you always get at least one AD salvage worthy item, plus loads of other stuff.

Someone above said forget making AD til 60, and that is true. You won't make serious AD before that, most likely.

I meet or exceed my 24K daily refine on most of my chars every day (or very close to it,) and then there are AH sales on top, which don't require refining.

You will get a method down.. just takes time.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Go to the exchange and convert your AD to Zen, and then sell your Zen back for AD, rinse and repeat. For example buy Zen for 335 and then sell it back for 336+, you will always make money if you sell it back for more than what you paid, and you will make more and more profit the more AD you have to trade at one time. It took me about a month of trading to turn 200,000 AD into 2,000,000 AD. But once you hit 2,000,000 the profits from each trade are ridiculous.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    At lover levels you can easily get enough AD to make sure you always have decent blue gear - and that's all you need.

You don't remotely need blue gear for levelling, but I am quite happy to sell all the blue gear I find while running levelling zones to people who want it.

And accessories with good stats for PvP? 10k, 20k AD right there.

I made my first million AD with a character in his 40s working the AH in open beta. People who think you need to be 60 to make AD are overlooking many options.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    As far as the Daily Dungeon, get the quest from Rhix and do that dungeon to get the reward. Don't wait until you progress in the questline to get the quest to run the dungeon itself. If Rhix tells you do Graywolf Den, do that dungeon regardless of whether you're finished with Velosk.

Doing daily dungeons every day is a path to madness.

I check in with Rhix every level up and accept any new dailies. The only ones you can really outlevel are the skirmish dailies (a few have worked with CTA events but most do not and I'm not aware of dev intentions either way), although you can turn these in as long as you're able to queue for whichever skirmish enough times to meet the requirements. If you pick up ones that overlap (like doing Pit Fight 2x and 3x), you can fulfill whichever is higher and turn in both.

For Foundry and PvP, if you end up with older quests outstanding when you pick up the ones with higher requirements, you can still turn in the old ones as you work on the new ones. You just can't actually take the lower requirement ones again.

You can turn in a daily dungeon at any level, for completing the normal or the epic version. I've been pegging them off with various guild runs on various characters. It doesn't hurt to have them lingering around in your journal for months.

Dailies are a poor way of generating AD in the long run, but between them and skirmish bonuses, you can use them for starter money.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jaapjaap Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    You might wanne start checking your proffesion resource inventory tab. I never bothered with it till I was lv54. And I been playing for 3 weeks or so. But when I was in protectors enclave someone yelled "Buying Dragon Eggs 60k AD!". I vaguely remembered I found one before. But I could not find it in my inventory. Then I founds this resource inventory with 3 dragon eggs in it. So I sold them for 180k AD. Nice suprise there. Since all I did was play the game. I dont even remember how I got them to be honest, or if im lucky to have found them.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dailies are a poor way of generating AD in the long run, but between them and skirmish bonuses, you can use them for starter money.

I almost never bother with dailies, unless it's something I'm already going to do. My last couple of characters made a fair amount of AD while leveling - selling blue items, flipping items on the AH (usually to allow me to sell said blue items for a better cost) and buying things for salvage. I sold some items bought with gold, but that's not as useful until you get to higher levels.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • quetumquetum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are literally thousands of ways of making short-term gains of AD. The key is to find one that few others or using (exploiting) to generate AD. Generally speaking, when someone posts a AD generating strategy on the forums it quickly loses it revenue potential, especially if it involves the AH. So, the best ones will rarely be given up on the forums.

That's my 2 cents. :p