test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extremely slow patching speed

2»

Comments

• zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok this is weird. My game continually goes into patch mode (and yes I have the patching stuff on my launcher unticked) but I cancel it and then I try again and 1 times out of 3 I can just go to play mode and no patching.

Not very good though.

Long time to load in but then I've always had that with this game.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually 2 things may be happening at the same time... those that copied their characters to the test server will download the A.3 ended filename. There is also a prepatch of ~3gb that is downloading for the upcoming game changes. Some people may actually be downloading both at the same time if you opted for using the test server. That would result in slow downloads, because of 2 concurrent downloads.
    @Powerblast in game
  • l33tstuffl33tstuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree 2 different downloads are happening but not at the same time, i finished the 1.5 gig "CL_2013_06_03_15_41" that seems to be in {Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\piggs} and was able to login, after that but after exiting the 3 gig "NW.3.20130529a.3" which is in a different spot {Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\prepatch\piggs} so by the looks its will be a total of 4.5g unless one of them isn't needed which the a.3 seems to be for a later date.

If i can manage and/or is allowed I'll try putting up a torrent with both files once the larger one finnish'es or i can just help seed if there is one active already
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What test server? I'm only playing on the 1 server I've been on since I started but I'm having this problem.
  • rauldlnrauldln Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    why patching while u are playing it slows game...
  • oat666oat666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Extremely Slow Patching Speed for me too. maybe their server got some issues but why no one of their staff response or said anything to players. i think this game will close soon for many problem bug ,Lag.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    So this is happening to me right now as we speak.

I'd personally just like to ask the Devs if we could have 1 year just 1 year without launcher issues. That's all I want. It's not asking much. I've been hit by every major/minor launcher issue since this game began and it gets old it really does.

Do you need knew people working on it? Is that the problem? Did you fire too many who would normally make up a bigger team to handle the bugs? What's the problem please I'd love to know a this point.
  • caychiecaychie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My patch speeds are ridiculously slow. My game has been locking up like crazy with the on-demand patching so I need to patch prior to playing. All my friends started their patches the same time and some of us live in similar areas. I usually DL at 4MB/s minimum on steam and faster on torrents. i'm getting about 0.15MB/s DL speed. It is really annoying. I forwarded the ports, restarted computer, flushed DNS, disabled antivirus, no windows firewall and nothing made a difference.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Going to close this thread for multiple necros. Also, if you post in the bug reporting section, be aware that does not in any way guarantee a dev or staff response unless the issue requires more information, and then only for game related bugs, not network issues.

This particular forum is for the means of reporting bugs ONLY. Posting "why has there been no dev/staff response" is neither helpful nor constructive. Also, keep any posts germane to the issue at hand and refrain from non-constructive discussion and/or flaming the staff and devs. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.