test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LF versatile / jack of all trades build

sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
edited February 2014 in The Temple
I`ve recently returned from break, and hit lvl 35 with the most righteous of classes. As the title says, looking for Cleric build that can do some damage as well as support team mates. I wonder, should I chose Oracle or Champion and what paragon path to go. Any suggestions is welcomed.
Post edited by sithxardha on

Comments

• spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Clerics kind of do a bit of everything in general. You need to decide if you want to be able to ouput a little more damage or if you want to focus more on buff/debuff and then you're feats will be based mostly on the healing output you need.
    Also you should think about how important PVP will be for you and what type of playstyle you enjoy most.

Devoted Cleric: Higher dmg potential and a more fluid playstyle based around spam (short cooldowns) casting and globally shared party buffs, little to no single target spells involved, positioning is based around trying to stay close to the majority of your team and avoiding the red circles while staying in the middle of creeps. Good synergy between spells and buffs.

Anointed Cleric: More buff oriented for party but with a slightly lower dmg potential. Playstyle is more based around proper positioning and use of powerful single target spells with larger cooldowns during critical fight moments. Less global/aoe effects than DC path. Can also be played in the middle of the fight. More tanky than divine oracle and preferable for PVP

I woul sugest identifying one you find appealing, speccing in such manner as you level up and see how it goes. If you decide it's not really what you're looking for you can always think about respeccing once you hit lvl 60. It's not that expensive as long as you don't do it over and over
  • sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for reply spani4rd
    spani4rd wrote: »

Devoted Cleric: Higher dmg potential and a more fluid playstyle based around spam (short cooldowns) casting and globally shared party buffs, little to no single target spells involved, positioning is based around trying to stay close to the majority of your team and avoiding the red circles while staying in the middle of creeps. Good synergy between spells and buffs.

From what I know about myself as a player, thats the way to go. So, Virtuous Divine Oracle ?
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    sithxardha wrote: »
    Thanks for reply spani4rd

From what I know about myself as a player, thats the way to go. So, Virtuous Divine Oracle ?

I supose it depends on what you want to do. I guess for going say all out dps that would be the best but unless you have a group who doesn't mind that you might have a hard time grouping for dungeons, if you intend to PVE, that is. Most people go mostly faithful to start. Healing and damage reduction for the team. Righteous is more tanky and great for pvp, compliments faithful well for PVE setups. If you get geared up at 60 and run with wel geared people who know what their doing then you can pretty much do what you want as long as it's working
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi sithxardha,

DCs are built with versatility in mind. However as described above I feel the faithful (stronger healing) or righteous path (stronger mitigation/personal survivability) both provide stronger utility than virtuous (slightly stronger DPS) while still maintaining a strong offensive arsenal. Either path is fine, with Divine Oracle offering more offensive choices and Anointed Champion more defensive and clutching ones.

If you're not adverse to reading, I have compiled a DC resource (link in signature) which discusses powers, feats, stats, playstyle tips and also a versatile PvE build that can heal/buff or DPS depending on the situation.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Read Kaelac's guide it is an excellent resource not just for clerics but anyone playing Neverwinter.

The key to a Devoted Cleric is it is a leader class featuring party buffs, enemy debuffs and healing.

While in early level groups DC is primarily a healer in high level play the debuffs/buffs become more important.

There is enough flexibility in DC powers & feats to have a character that can do well in PvE group play, PvP and solo.

You won't be in Pain Giver in group PvE but the group will be much more effective with a DC in the mix.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for help guys.
    Ps. Your manuscript is a powerful tool of education for young acolytes, theosymphany !