test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Complete a task with at least a 100% speed bonus

kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
I searched around and I keep reading the same advice on how to do this.I have not read anyone having the same problem as me, so i'm making a thread to get it hopefully answered.I was going to post it in the bug forum, but I assume i'm doing something wrong.So I have 4 master weaponsmiths each with 25% speed bonus.I use all 4 which is 100% and my task goes from 6 hours to 3 hours instead.So 100% means it's twice as fast as opposed to completing it automatically which I guess is understandable but how are other people doing this?
Post edited by kumaluca on

Comments

• tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Doing what? If you run the mission with 4 blue assets you will unlock the mission slot since 4 blues give a 100% speed bonus. Then you can move those blues to another toon and do it for them too.
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How are other people doing what?

--Using the 4 25% blue workers to finish a task completes the 100% speed bonus objective. Is the extra slot not opening up when you complete it?

--You are correct that 100% does not equal "zero time required for task." You cannot ever get a task to complete in 0 seconds. The math doesn't work that way.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you use four blue workers (or two purple or some combination) on a task, you will unlock the extra professions slot.

As far as the time calculation, the total time is calculated by taking the base time and dividing it by the sum of one and the speed bonus expressed in decimal form. One blue worker is 25% bonus, so the actual time would be the (base time)/1.25. Four blue workers are a total of 100%, so there for 1.0, for a total modifier of 2, (base time)/2.

8 hour task with one blue worker: 8/(1+0.25)=6.4 hours
    8 hour task with two blue workers: 8/(1+0.5)=5.33 hours
    8 hour task with three blue workers 8/(1+0.75=4.57 hours
    8 hour task with four blue workers 8/(1+1)=4 hours
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not unlocking it
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Which task did you try? Deep Wilderness Gathering?

It is possible I suppose that certain WM/AT tasks do not count as they were implemented after the bonus unlocks.
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Which task did you try? Deep Wilderness Gathering?

It is possible I suppose that certain WM/AT tasks do not count as they were implemented after the bonus unlocks.

that must be it i'll level it up a bit and try on a new one thanks!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One of the easiest ways to do this is to just buy 2 Heroes on the AH. Do the level 1 Leadership task Feed the Needy that takes 10 minutes. With the 2 Heroes, it takes 5 mins. And you can rush it for 333 AD.

Do that for all your characters, then you can keep the heroes or sell them back on the AH.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ingg12ingg12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    One of the easiest ways to do this is to just buy 2 Heroes on the AH. Do the level 1 Leadership task Feed the Needy that takes 10 minutes. With the 2 Heroes, it takes 5 mins. And you can rush it for 333 AD.

Do that for all your characters, then you can keep the heroes or sell them back on the AH.

Just tried this and it did not work.

Hero in main slot, hero in (only) optional slot, buy it out..... no open.

There a secret to this I am missing?
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interesting, I unlocked my slots back in the day with Feed the Needy using 2 heroes.

Maybe unlocking that slot is bugged altogether at present?

Can't test it as all my chars have the slot unlocked and don't have a free character slot
    edited February 2014
    Update:

Had an old character around on Owlbear and did a test. 2 Heroes unlock the extra slot just fine. So if it is bugged right now (which to be honest I doubt), it will be fixed in the coming patch
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll send a couple of Heroes over to a prayer alt on the live server when I get home from work and see if they unlock the slot .
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It works for the feed the needy task so I'm guessing that you are doing something wrong.
    slotunlocked_zps9bd05dfe.jpg
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Submit a ticket.

Seriously - 100% (In the LEADERSHIP profession in my case) should unlock the slot. I've done it on all my toons with the same two Hero assets. I wonder if there's a bug where it does't work, except with Hero assets? (Just thinking out loud here.) I reiterate: submit a bug support ticket.

[edit to fix spelling SNAFUs]
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    4 master artificers are dirt cheap and can unlock the slot too...that's what I did and worked...and I don't see why it should not. If it doesn't, it is a bug IMO