test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A list of updates I would like to see, hopefully they are supported

paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Here is a short list of things I would enjoy seeing in the game in the next year. I enjoy the game a lot, a whole lot as I play it just about daily.

First, the force of good MODULE, combined with a new area (Perhaps Tanar'ri invasion?)

force of good MODULE contains
Paladin class
Aasimar race
celestial charger mount
Holy avenger
Companion- Astral Diva

Masters of the wild MODULE
Druid class
Half nymph or Dryad race
Sylvian stag mount
Companion- Treant

Restless dead MODULE
Necromancer class
Gravetouched race
Skeletal mount
Companion-Death knight

Eladrin war MODULE: new area (war between drow and elves) PVP PACK!
not sure what new class
not sure new race
new mount pegasus
Companion- Elven ranger and drow priestess

Dawn of dragons MODULE
dragonborn race
New class: monk
Mount: Young dragon mount
Companions: Wyrmling dragon (choose color)
This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
Post edited by paladmethius on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You put the carrot of Pack Sales out there to get Cryptic World thinking.
    Smart move!
    I like the ideas a lot and ,although the Companions sound a tad over powered, you dangled the prospect of real profit for the Devs. benefit, rather than the standard "I want this and I want it now!" post that we normally get, so, unlike most of these posts, this has an actual chance of being considered.
    Definitely gets my vote!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, I do not mind paying a bit for packs if they have good amounts of valuble content (which is what I tried to group together)

I hope these all get considered and added. I do not think the companions are too powerful, the treant being the most powerful of the groups, but if done right they could be extremely useful without being game breaking.
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They have already said all classes will be free. As well as all races being free, though there can be paid variants of the races.
  • paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited January 2014
    Yes classes should be free, but the "content packs" released in bundles like this I think would generate interest. free class, but the rest of the stuff
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want a full Orc race and a "Many-Arrows Renegade" for the paid variant
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    You put the carrot of Pack Sales out there to get Cryptic World thinking.
    Smart move!
    I like the ideas a lot and ,although the Companions sound a tad over powered, you dangled the prospect of real profit for the Devs. benefit, rather than the standard "I want this and I want it now!" post that we normally get, so, unlike most of these posts, this has an actual chance of being considered.
    Definitely gets my vote!

To be entirely fair that's assuming the devs read it.

That aside I'm one of those types who thinks that cash shop items should be almost entirely cosmetic or utility type so that gameplay is untouched. Experience boosts, potions, cosmetic clothing, dyes, character rename, character respec, bonus character slots, etc.

That's also been a huge selling point for the developers up to this point. The fact that all of the content is open to you but how you explore it can be changed by paying. Furthermore if you look at their actions I think the developers share my opinions. They've yet to lock an entire class to f2p players. They locked 2 races away until you pay for them but races don't impact the game as much as classes, it shows a tendency towards allowing players to explore all play styles.

Which is why some of their actions that seem to lean more towards pure money with little gameplay tie-ins just confuse me. On one hand they're practically burning potential profits by letting us access all the content without paying. On the other hand they make a few updates here and there that are purely about money. It's either a balanced trade off or crazy D:
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still want the lizard mount ^^ I would drop $$ for that. Blue or purple at least.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    To be entirely fair that's assuming the devs read it.

That aside I'm one of those types who thinks that cash shop items should be almost entirely cosmetic or utility type so that gameplay is untouched. Experience boosts, potions, cosmetic clothing, dyes, character rename, character respec, bonus character slots, etc.

That's also been a huge selling point for the developers up to this point. The fact that all of the content is open to you but how you explore it can be changed by paying. Furthermore if you look at their actions I think the developers share my opinions. They've yet to lock an entire class to f2p players. They locked 2 races away until you pay for them but races don't impact the game as much as classes, it shows a tendency towards allowing players to explore all play styles.

Which is why some of their actions that seem to lean more towards pure money with little gameplay tie-ins just confuse me. On one hand they're practically burning potential profits by letting us access all the content without paying. On the other hand they make a few updates here and there that are purely about money. It's either a balanced trade off or crazy D:

I was working on the assumption that these would work in much the same way as the Hunter Ranger Pack, AKA, some nice perks that make starting a new character more fun and/or interesting and/or easy, rather than gating the class itself.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited January 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I was working on the assumption that these would work in much the same way as the Hunter Ranger Pack, AKA, some nice perks that make starting a new character more fun and/or interesting and/or easy, rather than gating the class itself.

It wasn't worded that way, he lists the classes in the packs as if those are the incentive to pay for them. Clarification may be needed before we shove our thumb into the post or disown it with vengeance.
    edited January 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    It wasn't worded that way, he lists the classes in the packs as if those are the incentive to pay for them. Clarification may be needed before we shove our thumb into the post or disown it with vengeance.

Let me be clear, I ment "CONTENT PACKS" as in groups of content released together with a general theme. Some of it pay for, others not.
  • zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Psionics-class
    Mind Flayer-race
    Phantom steed-mount
    Crystal-weapon
    Intellect Devourer-companion
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let me be clear, I ment "CONTENT PACKS" as in groups of content released together with a general theme. Some of it pay for, others not.

So you mean module.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah I guess I do.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh well that changes the entire thread. You should probably go back and edit it so it's more clear.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
    edited January 2014
    zouldryn wrote: »
    Psionics-class
    Mind Flayer-race
    Phantom steed-mount
    Crystal-weapon
    Intellect Devourer-companion

If Cryptic ever puts in the psionics class I will bid them adieu and send my money to support games that provide classes I don't hate as much.