test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW high vizier set

candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Library
Wonder if High vizeir set skill still stack or have already removed from stacking? if does it's useless now? and i've farmed the wrong set xD
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can't go wrong with the HV set , I'm pretty sure a lot of people reckon its the best CW set at the moment.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean the glitch? Yes, it has been fixed.

HV buff/debuff can stack 3 times only, regardless of the number of CWs in party. Despite that, HV is still BiS for PvE and PvP (you can get slightly better stats from Fomorian/Dread legion wepons, but with a worse 4-piece set bonus).
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Doesn't stack past three, regardless of the number of CW's in full HV in your party. Still the best set.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    You mean the glitch? Yes, it has been fixed.

HV buff/debuff can stack 3 times only, regardless of the number of CWs in party. Despite that, HV is still BiS for PvE and PvP (you can get slightly better stats from Fomorian/Dread legion wepons, but with a worse 4-piece set bonus).

The HV main and off hand don't count toward the 4 piece set. You need the helm, gloves, armor and slippers for the HV 4 piece set bonus. The two piece weapon sets with their own bonus are separate and gained as well on their own.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    The HV main and off hand don't count toward the 4 piece set. You need the helm, gloves, armor and slippers for the HV 4 piece set bonus. The two piece weapon sets with their own bonus are separate and gained as well on their own.

Sure thing. It was a typo, I meant armors instead of weapons.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sold 1 x High Viz armour yesterday for 500k ad.. its in demand thats for sure:p
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    HV is the only way to go. Dont run a party with more than 2 CWs and problem is solved.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• verilosverilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited January 2014
    Unfortunately they fixed the HV glitch/exploit that let you butcher any boss in under a minute.

But HV still gives party 30% dps boost. And because now there is not reason to use OF all the time maintaining stacks is not precisely elementary, 1CW will not be able to maintain constant 30% debuff without sacrificing lots of DPS and control. So you need at least 2 CWs with HV that know what to do. Better yet if all CWs have it.
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see this as a problem if the other 2 sets aren't really used.

Is it that HV set bonus is too powerful or that the other too is too weak ?
    I think it's both.
  • lurujluruj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes it is fixed unlike DC High Prophet set.
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hv is the way to go. And yes cryptic should bring more variety in the 4set bonusse since HV is the only set where the set bonus has some use. Shadow Weaver is nice also but it is still broken.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For PVP reasons, I'm curious as to whether HV can steal more defense than what your target has and what happens in this situation.

ie. Target has 1000 defense and you get three stacks
    1) You gain 1350 defense, they now have 0 (no reduction into negative, but possible to steal more than they have)
    2) You gain 1000 defense, they now have 0 (not possible to steal more than they have)
    3) You gain 1350 defense, they now have -350 or an equivalent mitigation (can reduce into negative and steal more)

Anyone tested this?
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

edited January 2014
    jayrad8 wrote: »
    For PVP reasons, I'm curious as to whether HV can steal more defense than what your target has and what happens in this situation.

ie. Target has 1000 defense and you get three stacks
    1) You gain 1350 defense, they now have 0 (no reduction into negative, but possible to steal more than they have)
    2) You gain 1000 defense, they now have 0 (not possible to steal more than they have)
    3) You gain 1350 defense, they now have -350 or an equivalent mitigation (can reduce into negative and steal more)

Anyone tested this?

You should test HV on dummies to see that it doesn't steal any defense. It's a direct mitigation debuff of 10% per stack.
    Some powers do give you stacks of 450 defense though.
  • stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    verilos wrote: »
    You should test HV on dummies to see that it doesn't steal any defense. It's a direct mitigation debuff of 10% per stack.

It will steal defense from players in PVP.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    verilos wrote: »

Yup, it "steals defense" even from defenseless dummies :)

However, I must say... they nerfed this AGAIN.

One cast of Steal Time used to provide 450x3=1350 Def. Now all I get is 450 Def (hit 3 dummies with ST) :(

EF+CS+IR used to be full 3 stacks on me (even from dummies). Now all I got was ONE.

To get full 3 stacks I had to use Repel on tab in the above rotation, something that will never happen in PvP in my case.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I only saw getting 450 def and not 3*450 def.

Unsure about the target but as I heard it can go negative.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Well the other set shadow weaver increases crit severity, and HV only procs if a control spell is used.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well the other set shadow weaver increases crit severity, and HV only procs if a control spell is used.
    Shadow Weaver 4/4 is broken and repeatedly fails to proc.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited January 2014

Have you actually tried it? 'Control spells' is a pretty wrong name for the vast amount of spells that proc the mitigation debuff.

One might say the tooltip is complete garbage.

Should read as follows:
    Almost all your spells do 10-30 % mitigation debuff and a few of them also give you 450-1350 defense.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    It only works on chill strike target hit, EF, ST, and a few others all of them control spells there is a list somewhere on the forum or wiki that lists all spells marked control for HV. It's never worked on mitigation only defense stat which directly affects DR which is pretty fair.

Theres a difference Mitigation is on top of DR.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It only works on chill strike target hit, EF, ST, and a few others all of them control spells there is a list somewhere on the forum or wiki that lists all spells marked control for HV. It's never worked on mitigation only defense stat which directly affects DR which is pretty fair.

Theres a difference Mitigation is on top of DR.

I think the main take-away is that many CW powers inflict some form of control, so it's easier to identify powers that don't proc the HV debuff than those that do. As to how the debuff/buff behaves, that part is still wonky and varies by power.

Side note: DR is mitigation. It's defense that is not synonymous with DR, though the stat contributes to it. And then there's no accounting for Cryptic's inconsistent references to defense in tooltips, which is still causing confusion for players.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    luruj wrote: »
    Yes it is fixed unlike DC High Prophet set.
    The high prophet set is bugged? I trying to farm that set for my DC.
  • stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The high prophet set is bugged? I trying to farm that set for my DC.

It was bugged, it was ninja fixed in the latest patch. It used to be able to stack past 3 by using chains of burning light.