test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Paladins don't HAVE to use shields. Plenty of them use two handers. But knowing this game they will likely be pigeon holed into something very narrow.

I think monk would be a very good class to add. It would add a new flavor of class (bare handed fighting, equip handwraps to substitute for a weapon, fast movement) very different from what we have now.

The various Gensai would make good race additions, and wouldn't have any clipping issues.

Also remember folks, more classes and more races = more bucks for cryptic. This is because adding them generates more character creation which = moar zen spent. They will continue to make them, or they will be making a serious mistake for their bank account.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    there was rumors and leaks about scourge warlock and rangers since beta, and I had heard in one of the live streams that they had a class almost done and that they were starting on druids. So my GUESS would be scourge warlocks will be next followed by Druids
    just because id imagine they have been working on warlocks for a while before realizing people wanted druids so badly.

Iam also a big fan of Psion I know a lot of people who play current classes rped as psion. Trickster rogue for example due to having so any teleports ad decoys could be played as an illutionist or psion ive also seen people play it as a bard.

popularitywize Bard and some sort of melee leader (warlord, Battle cleric) and or paladin would make a lot of sence to follow warlock and druid, Id also like to see monk but I am not holding my breath.

as for dragonborn those were leaked as well back when common drow archer ranger ect were leaked. I can only imagine they are being delayed due to "clipping" though PWE doesn't seem as concerned about clipping as other game companies.
  • arantyrarantyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They just need make more power for classes and use a skill build, like give the opition you make your build. Example paladins can do dps and tank just give then a lot of skills focused in bot just like the normal D&D 4th edition.
    With the druid is the same, he can be a controler with magic, a dps with shape shift and magic and a healer, be melee or ranged dps that cant be hard to implement.
    Dont need make oter classes with animations and **** just give us the skills and paragon paths, wizards can be dps controler or even summoner with the skills etc.

But what i really want is this http://dndtools.eu/classes/dread-necromancer/
  • munedarmunedar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The general belief is that Warlock will come before Druid.

There has been zero word, at all, about new races. Im sure more are coming eventually, but dont expect to see any new ones anytime soon. And I dont expect we will ever see Dragonborn added at all. Or any other beast type race. The number of clipping issues on just the basic humanoid races will only get far worse on any race different from that. Requiring extensive tweaking for each and every visible item mesh. Or complete new meshes.

We all know how money happy this company is ;). And given the popularity of it in 4e, I can easily see Dragonborn being introduced, but as a race you have to pay for in some manner. Whether it be in a pack or through the Zen store. I'd be shocked if they introduced it in any other fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if PWE was truly as money happy as people imply they'd add race/class change for some obnoxious price like 1500z-3000z
    if you calculate 500z for Char slot and a pet or costume pack. cause with the prices as they are people are more likely to just not buy pets/outfits if they think they might reroll. but if they know they can buy a re-race/re-class token they'd probably buy with wild abandon. also since they will need to rebuy epic armors/transmog items it will add a nice ad sink.

But these changes are very Unpopular on the forums so it probably will never happen. Though the main reason id want it is so I can keep holiday bop stuff when rerolling. like my 5 pairs of golden pantaloons.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warlock is next, druid after that. Once warlock comes out, they will start working on the next new class while also finishing up druid.

New races? No word. I would like Genasi, wouldn't mind Dragonborn, though I think that they would, at the very least, be over-represented in the active character population once they came out.

If memory serves, 4E Genasi were all a single race, but the characters could choose a racial ability based upon their elemental heritage (unlike 3.X where there were four distinct and different Genasi types).

If that is the case, then both they and Dragonborn could open up the possibility of being able to tailor a racial choice; Choose Dragonborn and then you could choose your breath weapon type, choose Genasi and one of your racial abilities could be chosen from a list based upon your element of choice.

Unlike Tieflings, who all have Bloodhunt and Infernal Wrath, or all Wood Elves having Elven Accuracy and Wild Step, the second ability of four different Genasi could be a different thing.

But races, to me, are secondary.

We have a decent selection of the basic races now.
    Maybe they could add a little more (even if the current options available for Dwarves can be used to make either a Shield Dwarf or a Gold Dwarf, it might be nice for people that really care to actually choose between the two, not to mention the possibility of a renegade Duergar, for one example, and certainly I wonder why a half-Orc NPC in Vellosk has a short beard option unavailable to a half-Orc player character), but it's a pretty good selection.

Classes, though, I will always champion getting more of and faster.
    Even if your class of choice makes it into the game, there is a chance that it is not the 'right' version of that class.
    How many people that wanted to play as a cleric had visions of wading into battle with their mace as a tank (probably with an off-hand shield) or a damage dealer (with an off-hand holy symbol, maybe)?

Nope. You can only be a healer.
    Fair enough that the game needs a healer type, but because of the variety of things that different classes can do according to their power selections, it would be nice to get that into the game.

Further, why is it that if you want to be a leader type that you have to be a cleric?
    Where is the warlord? And wasn't the bard an arcane leader in 4E?

There are a lot of things that I want to see. When they introduce a new class, it might not be something that I was really looking forward to, but it could be a lot of fun for me to play.

I know that it takes time to make a class, and they have to test the stuff out, but to me the game's life depends upon 3 things, and new classes are one of those. For that reason, they should be giving the class development team as many resources as possible to get those new classes made, made well, and into the game as quickly as they can.

They can slow down when they start working on second and third builds for classes.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warlock is next, druid after that. Once warlock comes out, they will start working on the next new class while also finishing up druid.

New races? No word. I would like Genasi, wouldn't mind Dragonborn, though I think that they would, at the very least, be over-represented in the active character population once they came out.

If memory serves, 4E Genasi were all a single race, but the characters could choose a racial ability based upon their elemental heritage (unlike 3.X where there were four distinct and different Genasi types).

If that is the case, then both they and Dragonborn could open up the possibility of being able to tailor a racial choice; Choose Dragonborn and then you could choose your breath weapon type, choose Genasi and one of your racial abilities could be chosen from a list based upon your element of choice.

Unlike Tieflings, who all have Bloodhunt and Infernal Wrath, or all Wood Elves having Elven Accuracy and Wild Step, the second ability of four different Genasi could be a different thing.

But races, to me, are secondary.

We have a decent selection of the basic races now.
    Maybe they could add a little more (even if the current options available for Dwarves can be used to make either a Shield Dwarf or a Gold Dwarf, it might be nice for people that really care to actually choose between the two, not to mention the possibility of a renegade Duergar, for one example, and certainly I wonder why a half-Orc NPC in Vellosk has a short beard option unavailable to a half-Orc player character), but it's a pretty good selection.

Classes, though, I will always champion getting more of and faster.
    Even if your class of choice makes it into the game, there is a chance that it is not the 'right' version of that class.
    How many people that wanted to play as a cleric had visions of wading into battle with their mace as a tank (probably with an off-hand shield) or a damage dealer (with an off-hand holy symbol, maybe)?

Nope. You can only be a healer.
    Fair enough that the game needs a healer type, but because of the variety of things that different classes can do according to their power selections, it would be nice to get that into the game.

Further, why is it that if you want to be a leader type that you have to be a cleric?
    Where is the warlord? And wasn't the bard an arcane leader in 4E?

There are a lot of things that I want to see. When they introduce a new class, it might not be something that I was really looking forward to, but it could be a lot of fun for me to play.

I know that it takes time to make a class, and they have to test the stuff out, but to me the game's life depends upon 3 things, and new classes are one of those. For that reason, they should be giving the class development team as many resources as possible to get those new classes made, made well, and into the game as quickly as they can.

They can slow down when they start working on second and third builds for classes.

Agree 100%

In addition, they need to branch out further into forgotten realms (assuming their contract allows it). Pigeon-holing themselves to neverwinter makes no sense, particularly for high lvl characters. There is such a rich world out there, and a huge opportunity to explore it here.
  • cptseb1cptseb1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello,

Ok I am a ****, this cleared now I can ask .. :)

I bought Knight of Feywild Pack, pretty cool and everything. I am just wondering how/when devers are going to pull a new class(es). as far as I know from BG to NW, there are much many more classes.
    Any ETA, if none then please drop a word in developers' ear. Thanks.

Ok as I said I bought Knight of Feywild. It is pretty straight forward. Grab the locked box in the mail then open it.

Though I am still missing the 600 000 diamonds. It looks like I am supposed to fetch the diamonds somewhere but not sure where and who to meet. Unless I was blind and drunk or Dwarven Ale, I did not see anything written regarding how/where to fetch the diamonds in the automatic Email + Feywild package.

Thank you
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You will find your 600K ADs in the Zen/AD Exchange window. You'll have to withdraw it from there. :rolleyes:
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    cptseb1 wrote: »
    I bought Knight of Feywild Pack, pretty cool and everything. I am just wondering how/when devers are going to pull a new class(es). as far as I know from BG to NW, there are much many more classes.
    Are you serious? We *just* had the hunter ranged released in Module 2... New classes will be free for everyone, and every paid race will have a free version. So you need to pay for Menzoberansan Drow, but regular Drow is free. You need to pay for Moon Elves, but Sun Elves are free.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I'm just thinking they need to expand the teams that are doing this because they simply aren't fast enough. Maybe double the number of people making these classes so that they can churn out two at a time for the next six months and have 2 every 2 months?

I'd like to see the Artificer myself sortof an alchemist with magic items at his disposal. I think they are hurting themselves waiting so long.
  • zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2014
    The game really needs a two weapon fighter type. The HR is just not it. It also needs a Monk in my opinion. I keep seeing posts saying that it is not likely, why is that? Have the devs made a statement of such?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't mean to be a jerk to anyone, but I hate this thread. It looks like it's made by/for people that will never be happy with what's in the game, no mater how many classes or any kind of content we have. I'm looking forward to certain classes myself, and I want this game to have as much content as possible, but after the never-ending "When's the Ranger gonna come out" threads, I can't believe we had a thread about the ''new new class" , before we could even had the chance to play the Ranger. How about we take things one step at a time? I know not everyone was waiting for the Ranger, and I wasn't either, but please just chill with the complaints and demands for a while.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    itd be nice to have healing classes that heal, and buffing classes that do more than buff damage resistance 2%, or am i dreaming?
  • vaylonbanebladevaylonbaneblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Neverwinter is, by far, one of the most fun MMOs I've ever played. I feel the classes that are in the game are done very well. However, since it's a D&D MMO, I've really wanted to bring in my favored characters from tabletop. Most of the time that goes over pretty well, I can adapt them as I need and though I don't have the same powers, the character is roughly the same. There's one instance where I can't do that, because I don't have the class I need for my favorite tabletop character. It feels kind of empty to me to not be able to play as a paladin.

I know that people are going to say things like "Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric would be obsolete," or "You just want to be unstoppable in PvP," but that simply isn't the case. I really wish we could get a good paladin class in the game simply because of how amazing the tabletop class is. We could have damage resistance buffs applied to a party (obviously reduced by the new Tenacity stat that's planned, keeping people from screaming nerf), good tanking ability, and most of all well-rounded defense and healing. I don't mean another cleric, where people use them solely as healers, but most legitimate players who are clerics have a very hard time solo-healing in epic dungeons, especially early on. Guardian Fighters are almost never taken into dungeons by "elite" players since they can't move as fast as other classes, but I don't mean to make a new guardian fighter with healing spells.

I think the best thing to do with the class would be a balance between defense and support. Someone who can keep aggro but deal low damage, not be quite as survivable as a Guardian Fighter, and not have quite the healing power of a cleric, all while allowing much more variety in the group dynamic.

Obviously what I'm laying out is very PvE oriented, so it would have to be reworked for a PvP setting, but it's still viable. Maybe the update could include some more relevance of deity for clerics, and a new mechanic for them besides "Oh, I get a title." It would be nice for the gods who are so prevalent in tabletop to be present in the game besides giving you free things every hour. All of this might be ranting, but it seems like it would fill that last little hole in the game for me.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I, for one, would very much like to see a support/healing character that leads from the front - like the Paladin. If they made its focus about melee combat and close-in support for other teammates, it could work very well. Since the current DC is about keeping their distance, the Paladin could be about more potent, but smaller radius heals and buffs...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The Paladin class would be nice to have, so would Illusionist, Warlock, Druid, Bard, Assassin, and Barbarian. The Paladin would fill a nice role as a stop gap measure in any group outside of the arcane magic needs. They can be powerful is played correctly, but for the most part they would not eliminate the need for any of the current classes. What I think is needed the most at the moment is another arcane class, then the Druid. The Bard would be OK as a jack of all trades, but master of none. However a Bard's buff/de-buff abilities can useful in a dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaylonbanebladevaylonbaneblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only real immediate arcane class I see us needing is Sorcerer. Druid doesn't seem like it'd be all that necessary in the game at the moment, but would be much better if there were a party size of larger than five. Primal classes have never been quite as relevant as divine/arcane/martial. I know they should be, but I'm biased and need my paladin, haha.
  • starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Will a class like this ever come out? I like the idea of GWF but it is too slow. I don't want stealth and trickery though. I've played games where the Warrior/Fighter class has an option to dual-wield longswords and play aggressively. Some games have a Fighter class with three paths: Sword/Shield, Greatsword, and Dual-Wield Longswords. It would be nice to have that choice in Neverwinter. These games still have separate classes for Archers and Rogues so it's not like a dual-wielder has to be a Rogue.
  • glaknarglaknar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    Some sort of duel wielding swashbuckler maybe?
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If they gave Rangers full sized weapons instead of the rogue sized daggers, it would be a step in the right direction.
    edited January 2014
    Oh I looked up classes in the 4e wiki and it says Tempest Fighter would kinda be like what I'm looking for. Dual-wield short swords and traits of a fighter/warrior type instead of thief/rogue style.

EDIT: I'll just copy paste from the 4e section I found on a website:
    New Build: Tempest Fighter

Rather than a shield or a big weapon, you have specialized in fighting using a weapon in each hand.

You see it as the best of both worlds—given the right training, you can deliver good damage and make up for the lack of a shield with deft parrying. Strength remains any soldier’s bread and butter, and good battlefield awareness—Wisdom—is a must. You also rely on speed, maneuverability, and agility—Dexterity—to get your dirty work done. Constitution is a tertiary ability for you, granting useful staying power against foes not so easily fooled by your fancy footwork and feints. The Tempest Technique class feature is designed to complement this build.

Suggested Feat: Two-Weapon Fighting (Human feat: Human Perseverance*)
    Suggested Skills: Athletics, Intimidate, Streetwise
    Suggested At-Will Powers:dual strike,* footwork lure*
    Suggested Encounter Power:funneling flurry*
    Suggested Daily Power:tempest dance*
    *New option presented in Martial Power

Tempest Technique
    When you wield two melee weapons, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with weapons that have the offhand property.

You gain Two-Weapon Defense as a bonus feat, even if you don’t meet the prerequisites.

When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks when you are wielding two weapons. This bonus increases to +2 with weapons that have the off-hand property.

At-Will Powers
    Dual Strike
    Fighter Attack 1
    You lash out quickly and follow up faster, delivering two small wounds.
    At-Will Martial, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons.
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Strength vs. AC (main weapon and off-hand weapon), two attacks
    Hit: 1[W] damage per attack.
    Increase damage to 2[W] per attack at 21st level.

Encounter Powers
    Distracting Spate
    Fighter Attack 1
    Your flurry of feints and strikes leaves your foe’s defenses unsteady.
    Encounter Martial, Weapon
    Attack: Strength vs. AC
    Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target grants combat advantage to you until the end of your next turn.
    Weapon: If you’re wielding two melee weapons, the attack deals extra damage equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Funneling Flurry
    Fighter Attack 1
    With snakelike strikes, you force two of your enemies to move where you want them.
    Targets: Two creatures
    Attack: Strength vs. AC (main weapon and off-hand weapon), one attack per target
    Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you slide the target 1 square.

Weaponmaster’s Lure
    Fighter Attack 23
    You make a passing attack, throwing your foe off balance. With a shove, you send him stumbling away as you switch positions with him.
    Attack: Strength vs. AC (main weapon and off-hand weapon), two attacks
    Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage per attack. If one attack hits, you can swap places with the target. If both attacks hit, you can swap places with the target and slide it 3 squares. If you have combat advantage against the target, each attack deals extra damage equal to your Dexterity modifier.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    starcher wrote: »
    I like the idea of GWF but it is too slow.
    What about a Barbarian? I'm not too familiar with the 4e D&D, but what if we had a Barbarian that focuses on two-handed weapons and speed? In return, they don't wear much armor. It's basically a superfast GWF. :)

As for Tempest Fighter, it does sound fun. But unfortunately, we already have two fighter-classes already, and I don't think they will be adding a third any time soon. At least not before they add a second version of some of the old classes. Then again, maybe one two-handed Barbarian, and one with two weapons? That's a win-win. :)
  • frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
    edited January 2014
    Have you seen some of the Ranger weapons? These so called "daggers" almost drag on the ground. We've already got our dual wielding class. We don't need another one. Now an unarmed martial class would be something new.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is the first time ive seen someone describe a gwf as slow.
    edited January 2014
    Have you seen some of the Ranger weapons? These so called "daggers" almost drag on the ground. We've already got our dual wielding class. We don't need another one. Now an unarmed martial class would be something new.
    This is like saying that we don't need a Warlock because Wizard or Druid because Cleric.
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    This is the first time ive seen someone describe a gwf as slow.

Where did someone say a GWF is slow? I saw someone say "A super-fast GWF" That isn't calling a GWF slow.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The Class im missing the most: a 100% bugfree class with atleast 70% useful encounters!
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starcher wrote: »
    I like the idea of GWF but it is too slow.

2nd sentence of the original post
    edited January 2014
    Greatsword characters always felt slower with more powerful swings than a fighter with two swords. I like attacking fast but with two swords: parrying and knocking off balance rather than sneaking and stabbing with daggers like TR does.
This discussion has been closed.