test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant Gaming: The Finest in Pantless Drunken Exploit-Free Gaming

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the post. We're an adult oriented guild. Minimum age to join is 18, but there's more people over 60 in the guild than under 20. The median age is probably mid-30's. Most of us are married or have kids, a job and real life stuff, so when it comes time to game, it's more about hanging out with people and crushes orcs than just straight power-gaming. We're a community that definitely puts the person first, regardless of the toon.

We have a really active branch that encompasses a lot of European and American players. I like to thing of our busiest times during the EuroMerica prime time, so from about noon EST to midnight+ EST, we typically have 10-20 people online. Usually more on the weekends, and I've never seen less than 5 or so people on at even the most random of hours.

But yeah, if you just enjoying playing games with people while sipping an adult beverage and saying stuff you definitely wouldn't say around kids, this is a good place for that. Keep in mind that Rule #1 in the U is respect, so we're extremely tolerant of all peoples, so generally humor that's tilted towards racism, homophobia or the like generally doesn't fly. But we're adults and we talk like adults. :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Even though it didn't work out for me, Unrepentant is a great community worth considering. If you're looking for a place full of rainbows, sunshine, friendship, and singing kumbahyah around the fire, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking for a large group of relaxed people who play games in their free time and don't mind some friendly verbal/<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> abuse, then you might want to take a deeper look.

Not everyone's gonna be buddy-buddy, but most people are easy to get along with if only on a basic level. Out of all the people I met at the U and all of the overwhelming numbers of new applicants, only one or two provided resistance.

The officers like Zerg are all great, if a bit insane. But if there's enough people on to get something together, it usually only takes a few messages into Uey chat to get something going be it some PvP, GG, or a dungeon. (Note: Actually send the invites, not just continue spamming for interest. I learned this the hard way.)
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
  • pxmonkeepxmonkee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was accepted into the guild New Years Day after about one to one and a half weeks' worth of playing with Ueys, hanging out in the Mumble, and embarrassing myself on my application.

So far: I've had a blast playing with Uey's when I've had the chance to team up with them. I'm not quite 60 yet with my TR yet, so I miss out on some of the end-game stuff with them. The voice chat server is always a blast, because there's always some interesting conversation going on somewhere.

My advice to those considering joining: take your time, make sure that the U is a good fit for you. Take the application seriously. This guild only accepts applicants who are over 18, which means that if you're applying, you're (technically) an adult. Act like it. If Jonathan Gabriel's "Greater Internet <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Theory" applies to you, you may want to consider looking elsewhere. See image below for reference.

dickwad2_det_1024x1024.jpg
  • beltharionbeltharion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just went through the app process and while my wife is complaining about all the therapy charges it is money well spent. I can honestly say my week with Uey has been the best week I have spent in Neverwinter however if you do apply take the application process seriously and be yourself
  • wolen2002wolen2002 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Recently introduced to U's from another branch (STO), one thing I like is the app process, nothing to do with the game at all, it is about knowing the person, which I left the most important, lots of cool people, where nobody takes the game as a job.

Having said that, since I joined in, I have managed to run DD on regular basis, which I have not been able to do so before

But like what others have stressed out here, if you feel a perfect fit, go for it, else, no need to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

/pants off
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think I shall eavesdrop tonight in chat. Logging in now....
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • lskynyrd71lskynyrd71 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have tried to apply but it just keeps saying "website cannot be found" . Well off to work now , I'll check back !

I got rained out of work for a bit so tried again. It was user error :( sorry. Thx
  • nozdormu665nozdormu665 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you guys USA-based? Or do you play during Euro prime-time as well?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Both. We have a great mix of both European and American players. Our best time is what I'm now calling the Euro-Merican primetime, so we're pretty active between 16:00 GMT to about 7:00 GMT, or about 11 AM EST to 2 AM EST (thanks to our West Coast players).
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reading your chat is hilarious. Not plugging BTW, I'm not in this guild, but am seriously considering applying.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was reading through the posts on this thread, and found some common ground. I have been very reluctant to join a guild, mostly due to the stringent requirements and devotion to maintain the membership. I have stringent requirements in life, and I play video games because I grew up in a strip club when my friends were still playing on a playground. Now that I am older, they do not interest me much anymore. I am catching up for lost youth by playing video games now.

I am an old man, like most of you old men, who are part of the guild... I assume that this is an equal opportunity guild for men who play as women in the game, as I would rather see a woman running back and forth aimlessly killing mobs while grunting. Not sure why... oh, right, because I am a guy.

Anyway, I am a bit of a loaner in the game myself. Mostly because every time I try to do an instance with a group of people I get stuck with a group not actually interested in doing the instance, but rather getting frustrated with me because I don't know every which way, north, south, east and west, to cheat the **** dungeon. I am too old to figure out how to cheat games.

I want to play the game. I log on to kill things in the game, obtain items, progress boons, not to figure out where to run up the side of the screen that actually doesn't have any design content so the stupid mob cannot get me so I can shower down magic missles at it safely; and, then run past every other mob possible until you get to the last guy so you can finish a 2 hour dungeon in 10 minutes to get the item and find four new guys to exploit it all over again. I want to beat the game, not beat the developers who design the game. Thus, I had to take an unfortunate bow out of doing instances with other players out of fear of holding people back from exploiting. So, my experiences, a whole two horrible ones, lead me to be a loaner and not enjoy what the guild portions of the game have to offer, neither the skirmishes nor the instances.

As I had read in a previous post of this thread, I am not that big into chat either... However, if I were to be joining in on a dungeon, I understand and appreciate that the chat would be crucial to partake to ensure that everyone works in tandem, and efficiently, so I would be more than happy to join in on the chat to participate in that regard. Although, outside of that prospect, where people are just talking, I have to do that all day in my job as an attorney.

However, it is not only by choice or desire. I also have two kids and a wife that I can at least somewhat BS into believing that I am listening to what they say while playing once I get home at 8pm, and respond to their requests and commentary while playing, albeit very much like Adam Sandler on auto-pilot from the movie, Click. Nevertheless, that at least keeps my wife tolerant enough that I can continue playing the game... more importantly, half watch our 1 and a half year old that is fearless around the house. The chat would probably not work for me at least while everyone is awake. Otherwise, I may be deprived of my additional Neverwinter Time by the misses, or just have to wonder if she is a bit annoyed. Remember what they say, "Happy wife, happy life".

After 10pm, I am the god of my own world, and that world is very, very quiet. Thus, I could at least join in for chatter here and there where my ears are not bleeding already from clients complaining all day about who screwed them, or so I can join into doing an instance or helping others gear through T1, T2 lower level instances if and when requested.

I do like to help people in the game, and I would be interested in helping other members' journey through dungeons to find the gear of their dreams. I have two characters, both Level 60, and both geared to the max, with the exception of a piece here, piece there, and guess from where... yes, the stupid instances that I hate doing because I am not a proficient exploiter. I know that this is not your focus, but so I can brag a bit over my accomplishments in acquiring worthless intangible items that still "wow" people, at least those people in game, my characters are a CW with a 14,150GS and a HR with a 15,400GS.

With the exception of my weakness, that being not much of a chat guy, or having the ability to join chat until my family is off to bed. Do I fit the mold? If so, I will check out the website a little more closely, and potentially shoot over an application.

P.S. There is one more thing, I happen to be an avid Foundry author... I love publishing foundries. I am a bit anal retentive, so I build cities with maxed out detail, but I also spend a ton of time on the storyline and also make sure that the dialogue does not have so much as a missing or improperly placed comma. Getting exposure with foundry publications is very difficult. I am actually part of an out of game guild of foundry authors that I became selected to be on their council within 30 days of joining due to my extensive contributions, which include mostly, playing other members' quests and offering notes and feedback. However, the more the merrier, so, do guildmates help in that department by playing each other's quests? At least the ones that enjoy playing foundries, if any? I can also help people develop their own foundries with tips, particularly with map detail and interaction processes. Just to clarify about that guild, it is not ingame. So, I am not currently a member of any guild, despite the many invites I receive daily.... mostly due to my GS, because I will get a "drive by" invitation, without so much as a "tell" saying hello before the invite.

Thanks for reading my novel, I hope that your eyes are not now bleeding. Have a nice evening!
    edited January 2014
    Wow, that looked a lot shorter when I was writing it... truly sorry
  • nozdormu665nozdormu665 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How is your mumble/teamspeak activity? As in, if I pop in randomly around 20:00 GMT, can I expect to find company there, or do you log on there only when you do dungeons and such?
  • demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    PhoenecianSon, the U is probably a good choice for you based on that long, drawn out post. :P They're very relaxed, no one's gonna complain if you're not in chat (even during dungeons, you can still work things out through text). As-stated, they're exploit free and are even generous enough to ask before running and suiciding. Take a gander at the website linked in the original post, spend some time hanging out in /uey chat, and see if you want to apply. Once you apply, check back once or twice a day to stay active on your application. All they want to do is get to know you as a person, and you may or may not be asked questions about having sex with goats.

@Nozdormu There's usually a good number of Europeans hanging around at that time. Usually a few US east-coasters, too.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
  • ruhighland3rruhighland3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey mman this is what i have been missing in this game i just got lvl 41 Ranger IGN Bhintel been playing for a little time now only solo and puging I would love to know more about yall and if you have a lvl requirements. I am 25 from USA EST send me more info please
    edited January 2014
    @phonenicianson Yep, sounds a lot like you're already one of us :) First, all of us are adults. Most of us act like one, sometimes. We're just a bunch of people who grew up playing video games and still love them. We play them for stress relief, for fun and for the personal satisfaction of over coming a challenge. That's why we group up together, and challenge content without exploiting things. There's no reason to cheat in this game. You don't get a medal for "winning" a dungeon, and those shiney little pixels don't actually mean anything. We're always happy to help run people through dungeons and "gear up", but we do it because it's fun, not because of the leet drops.

And I can emphasize with you. I have 2 small kids at home, and wife who's very understanding of my habit. But hey, it beats coming up drunk or spending all my money at a strip club, right? She knows exactly where she can find me on a Saturday night...sitting in my undies playing video games, usually with a beer in hand :)

As for the chat, it's a bonus. We have regulars who always log onto Mumble when they play, and just chat about whatever, just like you'd do if you were hanging out with you friends. We have different party channels people can go to if they're getting hot and heavy in a dungeon, or with their elf on orc roleplay. But chat definitely makes it easier to coordinate in dungeons, explain fights and get killed because you were goofy off with the wizard instead of healing like you were suppose to.

Anyway, check out the website, feel free to /channel_join Uey and let us know what you think. If you think it's a community you'd like to be a part of, definitely take some time on your application. And have fun with it. We're more interested in the person, than your gaming resume.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited January 2014
    Hey mman this is what i have been missing in this game i just got lvl 41 Ranger IGN Bhintel been playing for a little time now only solo and puging I would love to know more about yall and if you have a lvl requirements. I am 25 from USA EST send me more info please

You can check out our community website at www.unrepentantgaming.com. You can also /channel_join Uey and chat us up. Like I told Mr. Phoneicianson, if you like what you see, feel free to put in a community application. And just keep that in mind, we're not just a Neverwinter guild, but a longstanding community of gamers. For some, that's awesome. For others it might be more than they're looking for.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys! I apologize for the long post... I got a bit carried away. Honestly, it didn't look as long while I was writing the post, but yes, it was a novella.

I will give the website a good look, along with the application. I know you are more concerned about the player than the character, that is a good thing.

I am not that up to date on the chat stuff, is there a website that I can download this client for the chat?

Thanks guys for your warm reception to my post. After publishing it, I wasn't sure what reaction it would net since it was so long.
    edited January 2014
    No problem. I actually really appreciated the long post. It sounds like we're just the kind of community you're looking for.

As far as the chat program and all of that good stuff, there's instructions in the FAQ section at the top of the page. Should have everything you need. Once you get Mumble set up, just ask in game for the password.

Looking forward to meeting you in game.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited January 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    Reading your chat is hilarious. Not plugging BTW, I'm not in this guild, but am seriously considering applying.

Oh, and sorry. Missed this post at the top.

What's holding you back? You know you want to be one of us...we have candy.*

*not really. but shut up and get in the van. we have candy.*

*see other * for details.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • henudenhenuden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Disgruntled husbands...

I'm in.... A fella can't hang out in the bathroom forever.

Well I suppose he could but there just isn't a lot of room for the computer.

ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I can totally get that...but it's fun to shoot the **** with people while you play games with us. Plus, you'll miss out on all the hilarious dating advice myself and some of the older, more disgruntled husbands love to freely hand out, especially for the ladies.

We're really good at it, too.

No, we're not.
  • bdunrepentantbdunrepentant Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been in Unrepentant for 2.5 years and it's the best decision I ever made! Awesome folk!!!
    edited January 2014
    With the new Call to Arms event going live this weekend, it's a great time to be part of a large guild. Last CtA, we ran groups non-stop, instant queuing up and fighting for as long as it took to make sure everyone got the drops they wanted. Again, if you're interested, please chat us up in game. /channel_join Uey.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited January 2014
    I applied for membership with AMEX, Visa Black, and Unrepentant. That should be enough for everyone to know that if you are a grown up and already did at least two grown up things, preserve your duty to yourself, to be yourself, and enjoy participating with a group of others who do same! Unrepentant is that group!

I am enjoying the application process, greatly, and even more so, the repetoire of witty comments going back and forth in game. If you love Neverwinter, are missing out of the guild aspects of the game, like me, but don't want to join a guild that makes playing your second job, albeit an unpaid one, then Unrepentant is your guild.

This was NOT a paid advertisement.

P.S. Thanks for the invite to apply
    P.S.S. I could have said that on the forums of the guild website, but then you would not get... [drumroll please] a bump. Back to the top!
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, Phoenicianson. It's always nice to get such great feedback from our applicants!

Our application process tends to be a lot more involved than your typical guild. We're not looking for bodies to fill out the ranks, but great people to play with. It's why we feel very strongly that we have one of the best gaming communities in the business.

We may not be for everyone, but it's a hell of a lot of fun for those it works for!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • wolen2002wolen2002 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Our application process tends to be a lot more involved than your typical guild. We're not looking for bodies to fill out the ranks, but great people to play with. It's why we feel very strongly that we have one of the best gaming communities in the business.

We may not be for everyone, but it's a hell of a lot of fun for those it works for!

In fact, it is the only time we put our pants on, during the app process, correct Iron?
    edited January 2014
    No. I believe that's the time when everyone is encouraged to have their pants off. :cool:

What better way to get to know people?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi - I am interested in joining. I am a casual PvE player, and altoholic that who lurks in the NW_Legit_Community channel.

I did all the Tier 1 and 2 dungeons when the game launched, but got sick of it being an exploit-fest although I am thinking of occasionally doing dungeons once more.
    edited January 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Hi - I am interested in joining. I am a casual PvE player, and altoholic that who lurks in the NW_Legit_Community channel.

I did all the Tier 1 and 2 dungeons when the game launched, but got sick of it being an exploit-fest although I am thinking of occasionally doing dungeons once more.

We'd love to have you check us out. The game is a lot of fun, and the dungeons are very challenging. However, it's a really great feeling when you pull together a group of players and defeat the content legitimately.

Early this week I grabbed some guildies during a DD to run Karrundax. We just took whoever wanted run, regardless of spec. We had 2 CW's, a Hunter Ranger and 2 DC's. We decided to give Karraundax a try since some people had never been there. And I knew going in it was going to be tough. Having two DC's might not have been optimal, and I would've liked to have had someone who could've actually tanked the dragon.

BUT, we soldiered on...and cleared the entire dungeon, with just one wipe on the first boss at 9%. Otherwise, everyone brought their A game, played extremely and not only did we beat a dungeon with an unlikely group of heroes, we really kicked it's ***, which was fun.

And it's those experiences that make the game fun and keep me playing.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1