test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard PvP Video

donblacksheepdonblacksheep Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
All i see now days is GWF and HR posting videos, so boring ;p
I start to PvP again my CW 3 days ago since module 1, some friends asked me to make a video when I said you can one shot some cw/tr/etc with shard from 100% to 0, so here it is! ;p

Random pug match solo que against semi premade, one of my best pugs lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Z7aP9Z7DM

Enjoy and feel free to coment!
Blacksheep - Trickster Rogue Forever <3
Meatball - Control Wizard
Criminal Cheater - Hunter Ranger

<Enemy Team> Guild Leader.
Post edited by donblacksheep on

Comments

• Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Very nice. What set is that? HV?

Good to see the proper way of dropping the space meatball, that I haven't seen mentioned in any other PvP Guide. Tab, Entangle while template is on, retab.

How do you fare against equally geared GWFs?
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe you should just give up completely on the whole TR thing eh ;)

Are you using the CN AoE farm spec/gear or you modified some stuff for PvP?
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    good video, but what caught my attention was this dc - sepia. simply fantastic.

PS: I am not a pvp player. I did not know a dc could be so tough.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    good video, but what caught my attention was this dc - sepia. simply fantastic.

PS: I am not a pvp player. I did not know a dc could be so tough.
    thanks so much! nice to know my theory crafting pays off:)
  • Options
    stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    thanks so much! nice to know my theory crafting pays off:)

++ sepia is one of the best DCs around for sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @ hidahayabusa
    thanks, yes its HV.
    hehe yea shard is kinda tricky, im still getting used to it again since i stop playing cw on mod 1 and just came back to it 4 days ago.

@pers3phone
    haha, im having more fun lately with cw than with tr to be honest yea, but i got both of them fully geared with their separated own stuff :D
    and i spec back to pvp, 30k hp, almost 1.8k regen, etc.

@zacazu
    she is very good indeed

• Options
    edited January 2014
    thanks, yes its HV.

Have you tried GG set? Especially now that they are thinking of adding 'Tenacity' in PvP gear, it makes it even more attractive. For some reason I always prefered GG over HV for my PvP after mod2, since you can gather the defensive stats from all the accessories. The HP boost is significant also, plus the 30% cd reduction on Shard will get it somewhere 9 seconds (which is amazing). Anyway, would like to hear thoughts on this.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Have you tried GG set? Especially now that they are thinking of adding 'Tenacity' in PvP gear, it makes it even more attractive. For some reason I always prefered GG over HV for my PvP after mod2, since you can gather the defensive stats from all the accessories. The HP boost is significant also, plus the 30% cd reduction on Shard will get it somewhere 9 seconds (which is amazing). Anyway, would like to hear thoughts on this.

Yea, i have the gg set, its cool but HV is way better imo, you deal a significant higher damage on HV, which i cant understand why, even without the HV debuff stacks, its still higher for some reason.. Plus the extra regen and deflect (oh well, i have no faith on deflect on cw's, but its something, right.)

And if Tenacity will be how we are all expecting it to be, i have nothing to worry about, i wont be playing this game anymore :)
    Tired of every patch making it worse and worse..
    Yea buff pugs and @#$% high end pvp, you're doing it right !

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Yea, i have the gg set, its cool but HV is way better imo, you deal a significant higher damage on HV, which i cant understand why, even without the HV debuff stacks, its still higher for some reason.. Plus the extra regen and deflect (oh well, i have no faith on deflect on cw's, but its something, right.)

I found the damage to be comparable, but I didn't give HV that much time. For some unknown reason I fell in love with GG set. Anyway, I will wear my HV and retest.

As far as Tenacity goes, it seems that the guys behind PvP changes only work based on theoretical facts rather than practical. It takes just a full week of playing PvP at semi-competitive level to understand the flaws of this section of the game, and the way Tenacity is worded, really makes no sense. (This is coming from someone who mains a DC, so it's biased :) ).

Anyway, thanks for sharing, kindled my interest to still run my CW even after getting 24k glory yesterday :)
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great play man your getting better at CW since the last time we met.

Some things I noticed -

I think you forget sometimes that you aren't playing Black. Quite often you ran into 3+ members by yourself and just died right away. You'd be better to stand back and snipe, take out 1(if possible), and await some help.

Also on Artifact usage. Julia was crushing you pretty good, and you used your Artifact when you were almost dead most of the time. I'd recommend, when going up against someone with high burst, to pop your Artifact at near full health. That way they burn all their encounters and only take out your temp hps, not your real health. With Julia, she was popping ITC right away, and burning her encounters on you. Had you popped your Arti first, she would have blown all her encounters on you(causing no real dmg), and by the time she was done her ITC would have been off, and you got free reign to waste her, with you being at near full health.

Great use of the bowling ball

I know you use ice for the burst, but in this particular match. I think Repel may have been a better choice for the fights you were having. Would have helped a lot Pushing Sepia off point, as well as Repel/Shard when used together can be very, very effective.

Not even close to awesome on my CW by any means, just my 2 cents meng!

Great vid, keep it up man
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well if you watched the entire video you could see that we were losing by a lot, i had to sacrifice myself many times because i was playing with pugs.

You can see how i do on premades now
    jXLmPLC.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>#% is small, cant see so much, 48 kills 4 deaths, pm vs pm with Darkness.

(link http://i.imgur.com/jXLmPLC.jpg )

• Options
    tsantukanahtsantukanah Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Last night i was excited about my CW for killing two GWF at the same time ,both are attacking me with no help of other team mate in Pvp......i think i finally got a combo on how to deal with them.....boom!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well if you watched the entire video you could see that we were losing by a lot, i had to sacrifice myself many times because i was playing with pugs.

You can see how i do on premades now
    jXLmPLC.jpg

Does fighting Darkness count as fighting a premade? /grin
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    When you have 2 gwfs, 2 trs, 1 cw, everyone using perfects, i guess it does.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't think that Repel is any good if your main help comes from melee (i saw a GWF/GF in the vid, but I am not sure). Also if you go Repel, you miss a lot in the damaging part, meaning that you need to wait more for a kill.

Of course if you are overwhelmed by rushing GWFs, probably Repel is a no-brainer, but I am not convinced still.

I am not even close in the damage that he can dish out, but I got to say that once I became good with Shard, my experience with CWs in the current meta got much more enjoyable.
  • Options
    pickadillowpickadillow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if this is the right place to put this but i have noticed that the pvp matches seem to be horribly scued in favor of one team or the other in many cases. I have been repeatedly placed on teams that stood no chance what so ever against the other. in the end we often times just ended up standing there at the respon point waiting for the time to run out. there must be some way to more properly place the two parties in groups that are more evenly matched. its not a bug per say but it really takes all the fun out of it when you die in one hit 8 times in a row by every player on the other team and your whole team ends up just waiting the clock out.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    it's scary how often I get into matches like that.

I fight the enemy team and can clear them to start with. My team does jack. Then the enemy team decides that I'm priority and it's perpetually 3v1. They have to use 3 to kill me, but 3 kills me fast. It's kinda nice to see that it happens to top end guys sometimes too.

Good video. I need to practice with the shard some more because that was really potent. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    it's scary how often I get into matches like that.

I fight the enemy team and can clear them to start with. My team does jack. Then the enemy team decides that I'm priority and it's perpetually 3v1. They have to use 3 to kill me, but 3 kills me fast. It's kinda nice to see that it happens to top end guys sometimes too.

Good video. I need to practice with the shard some more because that was really potent. :)

That's what happens when people know who you are, or see that you are the only effective team member on the team.

There are certain class's that obviously smart players will always focus first. After that,..Names are a big thing. People remember the good players. They want to kill you because they will gain satisfaction from killing a skilled player(and rightly so), and they will focus you because they know that you are capable of taking out entire enemy teams if they aren't paying attention.

There are definitely some matches that make me wanna rage a little bit because of this..heh. Doesn't matter how good you are, if you are fighting 5 vs 1 theres not a whole lot you can do about it when this game doesn't have DR..

It'll only make you better though
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Agreed.

I know people say you don't learn anything from being face smashed 5v1. However, I still find stuff to do. I still hit people. Heck, when it's that sorta game where I *KNOW* we are losing. I'll pick one of their lowest death people and make them my target.

I chased a TR all over the map. The only time he'd fight is if he had others around. He called me 'pro' because he fled to 2 of his team mates and the 3 of them killed me. My next spawn I killed him anyways. It was quite amusing to me.
  • Options
    balfboxerbalfboxer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Does fighting Darkness count as fighting a premade? /grin

I don't wanna get this lovely thread locked for bickering but why don't you pm them and find out? Might be tough without a certain gwf /grin
  • Options
    spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Great play man your getting better at CW since the last time we met.

Some things I noticed -

I think you forget sometimes that you aren't playing Black. Quite often you ran into 3+ members by yourself and just died right away. You'd be better to stand back and snipe, take out 1(if possible), and await some help.

Also on Artifact usage. Julia was crushing you pretty good, and you used your Artifact when you were almost dead most of the time. I'd recommend, when going up against someone with high burst, to pop your Artifact at near full health. That way they burn all their encounters and only take out your temp hps, not your real health. With Julia, she was popping ITC right away, and burning her encounters on you. Had you popped your Arti first, she would have blown all her encounters on you(causing no real dmg), and by the time she was done her ITC would have been off, and you got free reign to waste her, with you being at near full health.

Great use of the bowling ball

I know you use ice for the burst, but in this particular match. I think Repel may have been a better choice for the fights you were having. Would have helped a lot Pushing Sepia off point, as well as Repel/Shard when used together can be very, very effective.

Not even close to awesome on my CW by any means, just my 2 cents meng!

Great vid, keep it up man

You know how the artifact works? I find no reason to pop it near full health as it will give you alot less of temp hp. It gives 10% of your total hp as temp hitpoints + 70% of MISSING hitpoints as temp hitpoints(epic artifact, with legendary it gives 90% of missing hitpoints). So if you're almost dead, you can get basically a full bar of temp HP which is basically like a second life. I've noticed quite a few ppl like waters better for pvp and some who have emblem of seldarine say thats by far the best proc, though I've yet to see it in action so I don't have opinion on that yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    balfboxer wrote: »
    I don't wanna get this lovely thread locked for bickering but why don't you pm them and find out? Might be tough without a certain gwf /grin

Steam isn't with us anymore.

We've tried, they always have a reason not to..or flat out just ignore us.

They like pug stomping, not premading..everyone knows that =/
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey, that's me!

This was a great match, nice choice for a vid.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    balfhed1balfhed1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know steam left and took some other strong players that was the joke... I'm not sure why Spara would ignore you, we actually enjoy premades a lot. I knowon tTuesday and Wednesday we beat Exodus and EoA, lost to Blood Dynasty and Enemy Team (all preplanned PMs) I'm not including any random matches against 4/5 queueing together. I'm pretty positive the only times we wouldn't agreed to a PM vs anyone is if its 5am and we don't have the players (no healer last night but we still did it). It's a game and win or lose we play for fun. What fun is it to join a match and have the other team leave in the first minute? Instead of making insulting remarks we should try respecting each other, as the former just makes you sound like a child.