test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A portrait of my D&D char

undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Art and Fiction
Not a Neverwinter character yet, but hopefully once a "Tempest fighter" class will be reliesed(not expecting it too soon) it can change. Right now, I'll just take my time building him up as character. Oh, and if you are wondering, why it is same as my avatar - I use my paintings as my avatars.

drow_portrait_by_undeadcrabstick-d721nvd.png
Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
Post edited by undeadcrabb on

Comments

• jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is a painting? Incredible work!! What kind of paint did you use? Totally trumps my water color painting I did hahaha.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I paint on a digital medium. Speeds up things a bit + mistakes are more forgiving, than any traditional medium.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Amazing! You have a talent!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited January 2014
    Ah you said painting...not digital... Thanks for clarifying
    Jaylo
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Weird there is so little reply... though off topic ain't liveliest I've seen here XD

2. Great artwork! I did not found realistic rt exceptionally exciting s thing to 'do' (maybe beside some commissioning... but it was mostly for cash :p) but I henestly love any fine art. And yours is not in any way inferior to the ones I know from old DnD games, so count me as a fan :D. If we ever met on some convention I'll surely buy some of your arts ;)

3. Digital art seem easy and once you get a lot experience in it is somehow easy (at least you do not rage quit after 1 stupid mistake)... still most cases it is in fact harshly time consuming (depending on style though, but the stereotype of being 'fast one' is not true) and surely require same basic skills as tradart. I speak through my little experience and better colleagues opinion. Personally I found in the end that making sketches 'by hand' was 300% easier for me - but it depends on person. So in the end: digiart is not inferior. For me there is merely a good art, decent art and... something I call a 'joke' (last one is mostly worth most :p). Here I would say we have surely good art.

4. (yep little digression) jenisyde! My GOOD friend! You did not reply in your topic but... had you time lately to post there something new? An elven girl wearing nekomimi perhaps XD? Heh, no worries if you had no time. I can understand it all too well.

Truly yours (even while stressed out by exams) - Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
    edited January 2014
    Lol, I haven't gotten a chance to get my hobbit spice going and sit down with my kid to finger paint again :). Next time I reach the sky with the hobbit greens i'll get to work on it.

Good luck on your exams.
    Jaylo
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since this is here, I might as well post some art of my character Bregwyn Firehide that I had someone on deviantart draw for me (please excuse the...*ahem*...artistic license and injection of his own style). I hope nobody minds (also I hope that this doesn't break any of the rules regarding images; I read them right before posting to double check and didn't see anything but I'm not 100%).

bregwyn_firehide_by_maddemon64-d6xd0oy.jpg
  • dittochudittochu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Neato, Keep up the work :)
    edited January 2014
    tharkan wrote: »
    Since this is here, I might as well post some art of my character Bregwyn Firehide that I had someone on deviantart draw for me (please excuse the...*ahem*...artistic license and injection of his own style). I hope nobody minds (also I hope that this doesn't break any of the rules regarding images; I read them right before posting to double check and didn't see anything but I'm not 100%).

Woah, she's huge! :D
    edited January 2014
    Hey guys, I just finished another one.

insert_a_good_title_here_by_undeadcrabstick-d743zcd.png
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, that looks great. I think the light in this second portrait is a bit bright for the underground setting, and the pants look a bit textureless, but it's otherwise an extremely well done image.

...do you do requests?
    edited February 2014
    :3 maybe... Yes I do. :) You can pm me if you are interested.