test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do people still play this game?

chr1s003chr1s003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I played this when if first released open beta. And found it was EXTREMELY pay to win. So my friends and i all quit. Im wondering if the game got any better since then.
Post edited by chr1s003 on

Comments

• Options
    khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't call Neverwinter an extremely Pay 2 Win game. I've been playing for a little over a month now and find that while you can buy cosmetics, a few services and the like, the game is far from others I've played. Gear progression is not pay to win.
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hate to inform you but this game is "NOT" a pay 2 win you just don't know how to get your gear and all that yourself and progress properly. Although this game has progresses very well with now 2 Modules and loving every second i play. Once again this game is not Pay 2 Win just take your time and have fun farming dungeons and get gear like the rest of us :)
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2014
    I've never spent 1 red cent on this game and I play and have fun.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Learning how to utilize the different avenues toward earning ADs/Zen is part of Neverwinter's meta-game. To the uninitiated, it may seem that the only way to earn what you want is to spend gobs of money... Educate yourself and read what those who have figured it out, have to say...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Been playing since beta, They have made a lot of cool additions to it. there are still cash shop items but they have events ever 2-4 weeks that offer a lot of stuff for free that you could oly get with zen when the game first came out. such as pets mounts fashion outfits, dyepacks and good enhancments.

They have also added a few things to crafting that used to be purchase only such as epic items and dyepacks.
    just keep in mind there is no WINing in a mmo just playing and having fun.

also various prices have been lowered since beta.
  • Options
    darwinsdogdarwinsdog Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've gotten my main up to level 53 in a little over a month without spending a dime. I've even gotten four extra character slots. The ability to trade astral diamonds for Zen gives you the chance to get anything for free that you can get with money.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People generally have varying definitions of "p2w".

Neverwinter is in the League of Legends bracket of p2w. Where it isn't prohibitively difficult to get by without paying a cent but the option to spend real money is there to save you a massive amount of time.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know the game is not pay to win, but it is though. I mean I can buy the best artifacts and enchants with money, and those happen to be the best items in the game. I suppose it wouldn't be an issue if enchants weren't so powerful in comparison to armor.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Depends on how you want to play. If you want to spend about a two days of gameplay and get all the top enchantments to kill everyone, everything and be OP overall then this is not the place you wish to be part of.
    IMO the very essence of any MMO - you stay there for a while and you grind for the items you want. For that you need either good communication skills or a huge wallet :) There are some exception though, but they are mostly so called no-life ones :P
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited January 2014
    I know the game is not pay to win, but it is though. I mean I can buy the best artifacts and enchants with money, and those happen to be the best items in the game. I suppose it wouldn't be an issue if enchants weren't so powerful in comparison to armor.

No it's not pay to win. It's pay for convenience aka "I WANT IT NOW!!". There is absolutely nothing in the game that can't be earned in time. You don't have to pay one thing <insert currency> at all.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Notwithstanding the fact that P2W threads are forbidden under RoC, I would very much think the existence of this forum and the game itself to be a resounding "yes" to your question.

End of thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.