test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does one character have the artifact slot numbered 3, and another 7?

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, can this be fixed somehow? It's causing me to misclick from repetitive memory after changing characters.

Look below at thet image (click on it to make it bigger to see the numbers better). On the left character the artifact slot is numbered 7. Then the potions slots are 3,4, 5 and the mount slot 6.

The right side shows my other character. His artifact slot is numbered 3, and the mount is 7.

If i play on character 2 for a while i will start to use 7 to mount and dismount. Then when i change characters i'll accidentally press 7 thinking it's to mount, and it uses my artifact.

very frustrating and i can't seem to fix it. rearranging the HUD didn't help because artifact can only go in that slot, so i must reassign the numbers so they match on all characters. also, reverting the HUD to default does not change anything.

Please can anyone help me?

slots.png
Post edited by kurtb88 on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On characters that existed prior to module 2, they were set to 7, since 3 was already in use. On new character it goes with the new default keybind settings which has it at 3.

Saving the UI and then loading it on other characters will copy over the keybind settings as well. You can either do that through options or using /ui_save and /ui_Load.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    On characters that existed prior to module 2, they were set to 7, since 3 was already in use. On new character it goes with the new default keybind settings which has it at 3.

Can this be fixed and normalized for all my characters?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, added that info after you saw my post.

Saving the UI and then loading it on other characters will copy over the keybind settings as well. You can either do that through options or using /ui_save and /ui_Load.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Go to Options and set your keybinds.

I currently have my Artifact on V, 3-5 potions, 6 mount.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's funny i also set mine to V cause i couldn't make it 7
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thanks all, i will try this out
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gman118 wrote: »
    That's funny i also set mine to V cause i couldn't make it 7

Yep! Quick thumb tap is all ya need! :D
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, I think I like the thought of artifacts being on V to make it easier to use them. If I reset all my characters' artifacts to V, is there a command I could use to set 7 as a toggle (not hold-to-talk) to turn voicechat on/off for the rare occasions that I use it?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I will change my KB as well, I lost count of the number of times I have hit the artifact instead of the mount key when switching characters.