test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do the mounts work?

darwinsdogdarwinsdog Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm looking at the mount available for the winter festival, and I notice that it has a +1 next to it. What does that mean?

On a related note: what are the different colors of mounts? I have one of the basic white ones, and it looks the same as a green one.
Post edited by darwinsdog on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The mount system needs reworking I think , the White and Green mounts usually give a 50% increase in speed , blue gives 80% increase usually and purple gives 110% , I have no idea what the +1 means though , maybe its something to do with the upgrade system although I never upgraded yet so I couldn't say for sure.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are 3 tiers of mounts:

+1 means a 50% increase in speed, and you get knocked off it if you take 3 hits in a short period of time
    +2 means an 80% increase in speed, and you get knocked off if you take 4 hits (value for the latter part is a guess as I have no T2 mounts)
    +3 means a 110% speed increase, and you need to suffer 5 hits in a short period of time to be knocked off.

You can also be knocked off if you suffer enough damage from just 1 hit.. I think it goes 10%, 13%, 15% of your total health, for ranks 1-3 respectively.

As far as the color of the mount goes, from what I've seen, white is for mounts that can be gotten from the mount vendor for free (with the temporary mount rental coins you get at level 20), or bought from the mount vendor for 5 gold. Green are T1 event, zen store, or promotional mounts. Blue are T2 mounts, and purple are T3 mounts. IIRC, there's a blue mount form one of the packs, but it's actually a T3 mount - my guess is this is just a mistake.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There are 3 tiers of mounts:

+1 means a 50% increase in speed, and you get knocked off it if you take 3 hits in a short period of time
    +2 means an 80% increase in speed, and you get knocked off if you take 4 hits (value for the latter part is a guess as I have no T2 mounts)
    +3 means a 110% speed increase, and you need to suffer 5 hits in a short period of time to be knocked off.

You can also be knocked off if you suffer enough damage from just 1 hit.. I think it goes 10%, 13%, 15% of your total health, for ranks 1-3 respectively.

Thanks for the info Bioshrike , I learned something new lol.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Bioshrike , I learned something new lol.

My pleasure! :)
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    truvanotruvano Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Purple Mounts give 110% increased movement speed and that's the only reason you want a mount right? On another point; Any mount you purchase from the Zen store inside the game will be available to every single character you make on your account. Best purchase you can make in the game besides more character slots afaik.
  • Options
    darwinsdogdarwinsdog Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So even though the basic mounts don't say +1 they basically are? I guess that makes sense, I just feel like I've seen mounts listed that are green/blue/purple, but they don't have that bonus.