test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prime Critical Archery Feat

elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Anybody tested this in depth? I've done a little on my own (see below for results) and it seems to work like it's described, but the question I ask is whether or not the feat creates a noticeable increase in overall dps and is worth taking or if it's just a fluff skill that is better left untouched in favor of other more beneficial skills. Also I'm far from what you'd call a math major, so if anybody is willing to do the work calculating out any extra dps that could be attained here that would go a long way to proving the point in either direction.

Personal tests results:

Conditions
- Unless stated all skills were "recharged" with the Prime Critical feat activated via Split Shot. Three Target Dummies were utilized in each event.
- Critical rate is 30.5% with Correcting Aim at 5/5. The aim of this test is obviously to create as many critical hits as possible, so I've left Correcting Aim active to further assist in that goal.
- For consistency all recharge times listed below were captured via the assistance of a personal stop watch activated and deactivated by me in sync with the recharge timer shown on my skill bar.
- All tests were repeated 10 times to account for human error and the low/high range listed

Rain of Arrows
Regular Recharge - 17 seconds
Corrected Recharge - 14-15 seconds
Corrected Recharge (Used on target, no assistance from Split Shot) - 15-16 seconds

Split the Sky
Regular Recharge - 21 seconds
Corrected Recharge - 17-19 seconds

Thorn Ward
Regular Recharge - 21 seconds
Corrected Recharge - 17-19 seconds
Corrected Recharge (Used on target, no assistance from Split Shot) - 21 seconds
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are a few choices available for those points but overall I've come down on the side of Prime Crit.

Remember at 5/5 every crit, ie encounters, dailies, at-wills, reduce your cooldowns by .5s. With many powers having the ability to crit multiple times (either in a single shot or over time) that can be a lot of cooldown.

Given the other options I felt it was the best choice.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I completely agree and that's why I haven't swapped it out just yet. Actually I was looking for any counter opinions on it since it's one of those that nobody really talks about. I don't like to think of myself as a min-maxer, but I like to make sure I'm maximizing my build's potential for what I'm trying to do. Just wanted to make sure if I'm making some ridiculous mistake that somebody caught it before it cost me an arm and a leg to fix.