test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So apparently GWF arent ment to be good for CN?

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Just wanted to post some videos I have taken of some CN runs I have been doing
Party consists of 2 GWF 2 CW and DC.. Just wanted to show GWF can be very good for CN boss fights with the right people and setup and can be very very fast

Fast Draco kill... 5 minute kill video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhZpyjhyFQ

Another Draco kill. Dc dies around 80% hp. Shows don't give up and anything is possible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh9m_qW-G8w

Super Fast Valindra Pet Kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYHa19A_FMU

Super Fast Talgath Kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nDJv0QBTM

Super Fast Xirvos Kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-B9KLD_vk

Any thought please share.. and next time your looking for that epic CN group.. Don't forget the GWF

Peace
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No-one doubts that geared GWFs have good AOE and survivability. The issue is that CWs bring good AOE, decent single-target DPS, great control and instant-kills...
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    curiosity: why "not so fast" and not "roar"?

Finally, the best class with decent damage.
  • inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    No-one doubts that geared GWFs have good AOE and survivability. The issue is that CWs bring good AOE, decent single-target DPS, great control and instant-kills...

I believe it's been said many times by many people that this isn't a GWF/CW problem but a dungeon design problem. Many things could be done to the dungeons/future dungeons to encourage and/or require other classes to be brought and roles to be done.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I understand what you guys mean... And yes I understand why CWs are considered so important... But the synergy between CW and GWF if specced and played correctly an be exceptional and I think these videos show some of this
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

I think the point of the video is the great harmony that exists between the cw and gwf now.

are two classes + / - the same height. one with a focus in this type of situation - nuke boss - while managing another battle.

with the detail that gwf not cease to fulfill their role with debuff.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    zacazu wrote: »
    curiosity: why "not so fast" and not "roar"?

Finally, the best class with decent damage.

my job is aoe dps even at draco.. so with Not so Fast still get a small amount of CC with decent dps...Roar would be good but the drop in dps is something I wouldn't enjoy..
  • lexusorlexusor Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    May I ask, aside perfect weapon and armor enchantments, what were the ranks of the stat enchantments the two GWFs had?
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Love this post. Thank you. with the amount of AOE and Debbuffs which DO STACK. it is insane. most underrated party comp. love it.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm glad you guys are finally having some deserved fun :) There's no question that GWFs are awesome and it's time for public perceptions to change. It's a good thing you took the time to showcase this.

Cheers.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    i hope this changes the dreaded cancer lineup (3CW+1TR+1DC), it really ticks me off when people think 3 CW is a must/requirement for finishing CN or worse, T2s
  • jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice vid... Avalanche of Steel could be blown away by draco's AoE???! thats a bummer... may i know your defensive stats pandapaul? HP/def/deflect/lifesteal?
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great vids. I feel the GWF is the king of versatility. The mobility, survivability and damage of the GWF makes them a viable tool for adaptability in most scenarios. Every dungeon party should bring one (maybe 2) along. :)
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perfect vorpal/perfect soulforged/legendary artifact!
    BIS gear very exped GWFs are good on Draco. If only has guys like them in my guild. This is the right way to play with gwf in pve.
    Average or pugged gwfs speced to dps are dying before Draco 1 mins after hands phase ! (that means a big part of the population)
    Usually bring TR or GF to CN to kite final boss.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm pretty sure PandaPauls can do Draco blindfolded, as he has rocked it that many times...

I really like how the DC dies in one video and Panda is all MANmode and slays the Draco w/o heals. Not too shabby! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3xGWF CW GF is also fun... DCs slow things down
    edited December 2013
    Ok just to clarify.. Everyone in the party is BiS geared.. Not just the GWF.. And the CWs in the group are exceptional.. And without there CC burns like this at Draco aren't possible...

But something interesting.. I'm not using perfect soulforge.. I only went back to soulforge in mod 2 and ATM I'm only using normal soulforge..

And I do this in full dps gear... AoW set... So my defense is quite low.. Around 2600 defense.. 900 deflect and 25k hp...
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to say that party composition can nuke any dungeon. Since the module gwf's damage output has been insane. Plus if you have two cw rocking some chill effects that really is all the cc you need. I have to agree the gwf and cw combo can't be topped in pve both great at aoe and single target. Only problem though is why bring any other class?

GWF tank better than tanks and tr and hr don't have much of a place for me anymore. But that's just my preferences. Although I must say the population of good/great gwf is rather small compared to the overall population. I find a lot of gwf either die to quickly glass cannon type and lacks the skills to balance dps and survivabilitu but that could be said with any class I guess. So it all comes down to skill really. I prefer a gwf gwf over a tank or a tr if they are skilled.
    edited December 2013
    Actually I think with GWF being a glass cannon build is fine as long as you know how to play.. Which red to avoid and which to stay in...
    It's about knowing your different adds groups too.
    And I know in the barracks there has been alot of talk that people think destroyer GWF isn't very good now
    Both valiant and I run destroyer spec GWF and I think it's a great build
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to say that party composition can nuke any dungeon. Since the module gwf's damage output has been insane. Plus if you have two cw rocking some chill effects that really is all the cc you need. I have to agree the gwf and cw combo can't be topped in pve both great at aoe and single target. Only problem though is why bring any other class?

GWF tank better than tanks and tr and hr don't have much of a place for me anymore. But that's just my preferences. Although I must say the population of good/great gwf is rather small compared to the overall population. I find a lot of gwf either die to quickly glass cannon type and lacks the skills to balance dps and survivabilitu but that could be said with any class I guess. So it all comes down to skill really. I prefer a gwf gwf over a tank or a tr if they are skilled.

well at least now its 2 good classes instead of 1 :D

Leeroy have u compared dmg on your Inst with his destro build ? at start of mod 2 when i tried destro it seemed meh

5% dmg bonu on wicked alone seems to do enough to pick inst over destro, although capstone on inst is wasted an about any boss fight
    Paladin Master Race
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I honestly think 80% of the players in this game are just clueless.

GWF are always good, it is just not many good ones around. Now when I see a group ask for GF then I know this group can't be good lol, unless they are doing FH, even so good group can work around it with better comp.
    edited January 2014
    Minor update just recorded a new best Draco kill time today of 4 minutes 2 seconds

Just did a re edit broke the best time again..
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    GWFs are good for everything now!

maybe not for kiting certain bosses but, that deep gash is crazy overpowered. My gwf is a machine.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    Leeroy have u compared dmg on your Inst with his destro build ? at start of mod 2 when i tried destro it seemed meh
    Not directly, no, and Panda's Destro is easily more tricked out then my rank 7s on Dakkon/Abaddon. So I cannot speak on which would be best for pure DPS, but I can attest that Panda is extremely skilled... As can be seen in his video's! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2014
    From what I have seen... Instigator would probably have the highest clearing dps... Not by alot over destroyer.. But by a small margain.. However in single target boss fights I feel destroyer has a massive edge here
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    destro is better on boss, but imho inst should be much higher on clear, though i tested destro on halfarsed build and im running come and get it as dps, so destro dmg buff is wasted on it, but it increases dmg on wicked by pulling mobs closer for full bonus
    Paladin Master Race