test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About GWFs: tips for fighting them in PvP

pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I've read many complaints about how GWFs are right now, and many players are struggling facing them in PvP.
So i'll try to share some tips that may help the ones who're not veterans in PvP.

First of all, i have to say that for PvE, GWFs as they are right now, are finally in the right place. Being very close to CWs for AoE DPS and a good help for boss DPS and tanking. And this is pretty much thanks not only to some nice changes to some powers, but also thanks to the new IV path, expecially for sentinels. So, rather than a nerf that would make GWFs fall back to being unuseful in PvE, i'd prefer, if needed, some specific buffs for PvP on other classes.

This said, for PvP, looks like frontline surge and threat rush both created quite a bit of panic among the other classes. Along with artifacts.

1) Learn to use your dodge immunity. I'll start with this cause this is the most important part of the problem. GWFs right now have Amazing gap closing capabilities. Is this THAT bad? I don't think so. Frontline surge: i don't have dodge roll immunity or teleport immunity, yet, in module 1, i was able to dodge GFs frontline most of the time. Reason is simple: you know when they're going to use it. Most of the time they are predictable, just like perma stealth TRs. You see them charging straight at you and then stopping suddenly before reaching you. Just need to be focused and doble tap the moment they start the animation. Look closely to your opponent. Same for Roar. You're ranged or stealth. Use those 2 abilities to your advantage. Stay back (or, for CWs, get to a high spot and nuke from above) and look at your enemy. What skills he uses. You'll know then if he's sword master or iron vanguard. If you see them using roar or frontline, you know 90% of the times they will charge at you, stop at 30 feet and Roar- frontline. If you dodge frontline, it's 19 seconds CD. 19 seconds.
Also: slot mobility for PvP and keep moving in circle. Aiming frontline or Roar on an enemy that is continuously moving around you is much more difficult. Same for roar. So keep moving around your enemy (expecially TRs that have more mobility and can run). If you have a passive that increase your mobility, slot it for PvP.
Those are the 2 most difficult skills to deal with. The rest of GWFs powers are, for a immunity class, a joke in 1v1 situations. Takedown, IBS, restoring strike, ALL have a very, very, very SLOOOOW animation. It really is newbie-proof and lag-proof. You see the animation starting, you double tap. I see way too many CWs teleporting when you reach them. WRONG. You wait for me to start my animation of takedown (sword masters or IV that don't use frontline in PvP). You do that, and it's easy to do, you send his powers on CD. All he can do is hitting your with at-wills, while you can unleash your encounters on him. Don't waste your dodges-teleports. Wait for encounter animations to start, THEN double tap. Requires a bit of focus, but it's easy to do. As i said, those animations are so slow that you can dodge them blindfolded. All the GWF can do now is spam threat rush to glue to your buttocks, and nothing else.
Even powerful challenge is dodgeable. Easily, if you ask me.

Obviously, requires some skill and the GWF can try to use mind tricks and vary his strategies. But it's the game, and that's their way of dealing with your abilities.

In a brawl, send your GF or GWF to deal with the enemy GWF and burn the more squishy enemies. But this goes for any tank. You either focus all your team fire on the tank and burn him fast, or you keep him controlled by another tank while fighting his mates, if you ask me. Half-assed damage on a GWF just makes him stronger while not Killing him and wasting your team DPS. Either heavy fire focused on him or a cc/ tank mate to keep him away from your team. GFs are the best to throw a GWF away/ keep him proned and absorb his damage.

2) Unstoppable. Here i read so many players complaining about unstoppable cause they see only sentinel tanks in PvP. Quite simply, just avoid the GWF who is in unstoppable mode. You can deal little damage, so DON'T USE YOUR ENCOUNTERS. His encounters are still slow as hell, so the above strategies of point 1) are still good. His unstoppable will run out fast, and he'll have to eat more damage before he can go unstoppable again.

3) Spec for PvP. There are countless guides. Use them. Don't go PvP if specced AND GEARED for PvE. If you're a PvE toon, at least build a second set for PvP. Gear is a big part of a build. Switching from a PvE-focused set, to a PvP-focused one, will make a BIG difference. Gear score in PvP means NOTHING. Use the guides people made for your class.
Soulforged may be good for PvE and on tanks, but for you little CWs and TRs it is, right now, not that good. What is better? Negation, or barkshield. Why so many players go for soulforged is Beyond me. Barkshield can absorb burst damage. And you get 1 charge every 8 seconds. For permastealth TRs it's very good, since it shields you in those tiny seconds when you're out of stealth. And not so many players have the focus to look at your enchant and deplete your charges with fast encounters. Many many players will just unleash their encounters on your barkshield.
Plus, shards drop from Master of the Hunt skirmish. Easy to get.

4) Sentinels. Those nearly immortal folks. Reasons: very high HP pool, high regeneration, unstoppable. High HPs makes their health drop slowly. Regeneration makes their 50% health barrier look impossible to pass. Unstoppable on them is just brought to the max cause their health is constantly regenerated (aka absorb more damage while keeping your health high, aka more unstoppable). The problem here is not unstoppable, but the sinergy with the other 2 babies. Regeneration above all. First: if you can, slot a DoT feat and a DoT enchant for PvP. It will slow down their regeneration, making it much more easy to make their HP drop. Don't unleash your daily or encounters when they are in unstoppable. Slot Armor penetration if you want to hurt them. Also: GWFs, sentinels expecially, get stronger when they face multiple enemies. The reason is, they can go unstoppable more. You've to deal high burst damage and cc him to prevent him from using his tab ability. For example, a GF-CW combo is deadly. Simple reason is, if he's chain proned and then cc'ed by CW, he can't use unstoppable. DoT and lots of cc are your best friends.

5) Know your place. If you meet a sentinel or very good TR that outgear you, do not try to face him/ her 1v1. This is a Group PvP. You're not supposed to bring EVERYTHING down alone. Untill we get a proper matchmaking, you may end up against enemies with experience, gear and build that are far above yours. Do not focus in dueling them. Points and teamworks are more important. Most of the time someone complain about how immortal GWFs are, it's cause they met a sentinel that outgears them.
If you look at PvP videos of top guilds like Lemonade stand, essence of aggression, enemy team exc... you see that even top tier sentinels are burnt down. I said gear score means nothing, and that's true. Gear, on the other side, is very important. But they are 2 different things. Simple reason is, some stats are much, much more important in PvP (health and regeneration). Health, armor enchants and weapon enchants do not show in your GS. But they make a lot of difference.

Hope this can help some less experienced PvPers to learn how to face GWFs in PvP.

This said, as suggested in other occasions, i'd agree with some changes, in particular:

- determination built over % of health lost and not damage taken, to decrease the sinergy between high HPs/ regen and unstoppable on sentinel tanks.

- a bit slower animation on threat rush plus fix of the animation cancel bug, to avoid it being spammed.
Post edited by pando83 on

Comments

• Options
    vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    This said, as suggested in other occasions, i'd agree with some changes, in particular:

- determination built over % of health lost and not damage taken, to decrease the sinergy between high HPs/ regen and unstoppable on sentinel tanks.

- a bit slower animation on threat rush plus fix of the animation cancel bug, to avoid it being spammed.

I agree with these two changes that should be made to bring sentinels down to sub-superman levels. And also:

- fix the issue with roar going through immunities... especially since GWF's are crying about HR roots going through immunities. It's only fair.

- fix the issue with threatening rush breaking ice and chill type effects such as icy rays... this gives them a supreme advantage against control wizards, making them unable to root you and get distance. Right now the only answer for this is to slot repel as a CW... and that just sucks as an option.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just have 1 hr in team and they are useless
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Knockdown->burst as much as you can->kite unstoppable->repeat.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Knockdown->burst as much as you can->kite unstoppable->repeat.

Every half decent gwf will just spam threatening rush till ur out of dodges and kill u right after just sayin.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In fact the GWF doesn't exist, it's the barbarian, only the barbarian use a power like fury.
    and the main problem about the GWF aka the barbarian is simple he shouldn't be allowed to wear medium armor like the priest but only
    leather or hide.
    According to the DD 4 rules.
    Their class armor is simply to high actually in the game.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Problem is GWF gets rush now. You are bound to take constant dmg from him regardless... unless you can cc him.

And don't forget GWF rush is unlike GF rush. GF rush is so useless it does roughly 900 dmg, and a GWF rush does almost double the amount and GWF has double the crit chance than a GF in general so go figure lol

Well and just to be helpful unstoppable drain 12.5% of determination per sec.

So normally a GWF unstoppable last 5-6 sec in general, so you can just count it and then unleash hell on him once his unstoppable is down.
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I think it's great how you constructively put together a small guide on dealing with GWF rather than start another QQ thread. Good job mah man ;)

Speaking from a GWF perspective, we are hard to kill in our feet. All you need Is some respectable dps and cc on Any given team, and you have the tools to to take us down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    rapssodya wrote: »
    I think it's great how you constructively put together a small guide on dealing with GWF rather than start another QQ thread. Good job mah man ;)

Speaking from a GWF perspective, we are hard to kill in our feet. All you need Is some respectable dps and cc on Amy given team, and you have the tools to to take us down.
    yeah people ignore the guide to start QQ instead. good job. I fought some nice CWs from EoA that showed me CW can still do great against GWFs.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    yeah people ignore the guide to start QQ instead. good job. I fought some nice CWs from EoA that showed me CW can still do great against GWFs.

A PvP spec'ed CW absolutely can.

Yet some delusional PvE spec'ed CWs keeps QQing instead of learning their class's full potentials.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    A PvP spec'ed CW absolutely can.

Yet some delusional PvE spec'ed CWs keeps QQing instead of learning their class's full potentials.

Stop pretending there isnt an elephant in the room.
    GWF is totaly OP for PVP.
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    In my guild there are hunters who can almost get me down 1v1. I'm talking REALLY close. I'm very well geared and consider myself an expert on gwf, so take that as you will. The majority of people that complain about OP classes are not equipped to deal with high level pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    rapssodya wrote: »
    In my guild there are hunters who can almost get me down 1v1. I'm talking REALLY close. I'm very well geared and consider myself an expert on gwf, so take that as you will. The majority of people that complain about OP classes are not equipped to deal with high level pvp.
    exactly. I have found CWs capable of bring me down sometimes. I have found rangers that can beat a lot of GWFs on 1 x 1, and some rogues that can fight a GWF for almost an hour in a node, not to mention the GFs.

where is the unbalance? on pugs that do not know how to play plus 8k gear score of people trying to complain how OP a 14k gwf is.
    it is funny sometiems I am fighting a match, the ranger kill likes twice as me, and the zone chat is only complaining about me the only gwf on the match. It is even funnier when I am fighting in a match, and the other team has like 2 gwf very weak, and them I stopm them and they are like "gwf op" bla bla. and their gwf is like at the botton of the score.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You have it on video?

Because if they fare against you like Alt did, I'm not satisfied at all, you ate him for breakfast. And since those matches, your GWF is even more powerful, and Alt is what? the best CW in the game, fully PvP specced? (if he still plays).

I'm sorry Gannicus, but if a CW can kill you after you were proned by some GF in 2 vs 1 and situations such as these, it means nothing.

It will mean something when you and the CW will start, face to face, and start bashing at each other.

Will any CW still win?

Many people here have lots of words (not you, you're cool :) ), yet when it comes to video, the highest levels of PvP show the awesomeness of TRs and GWFs in PvP, and the fragility of even 30K+ HP CWs with BiS everything.

OK, I saw your other post in Barracks, just put it on the video next time.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    You have it on video?

Because if they fare against you like Alt did, I'm not satisfied at all, you ate him for breakfast. And since those matches, your GWF is even more powerful, and Alt is what? the best CW in the game, fully PvP specced? (if he still plays).

I'm sorry Gannicus, but if a CW can kill you after you were proned by some GF in 2 vs 1 and situations such as these, it means nothing.

It will mean something when you and the CW will start, face to face, and start bashing at each other.

Will any CW still win?

Many people here have lots of words (not you, you're cool :) ), yet when it comes to video, the highest levels of PvP show the awesomeness of TRs and GWFs in PvP, and the fragility of even 30K+ HP CWs with BiS everything.

OK, I saw your other post in Barracks, just put it on the video next time.
    No I do not have. But I could ask them for 1 x 1s and record their performance again. But you should try talk to them. we stayed for hours practicing, in the beginning it was very hard, then they switched some skills, and started to improve try after try, that stoke beated me like 3 times. Inna like 1 or 2 times if i remember. and it was 1 x 1s, not 2 x 1s or a match.
    I do think their performance outstanded Alt against GWF. I am sure if Alt come back he would adapt himself to do similar to those CWs or maybe better.

Blacksheep ranger has beaten many GWFs on 1 x 1. He beat steamroller gwf, he beaten Keltz0r gwf.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Blacksheep ranger has beaten many GWFs on 1 x 1. He beat steamroller gwf, he beaten Keltz0r gwf.

Is he melee or ranged?

I have had a 1 vs 1 against a melee ranger and he was dealing very high amount of damage, but survivability wasn't so great compared to a TR's.
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    whats important to note in this thread is that even the OP's post who is trying to show how GWF are indeed human after all, mentioned at the end of his post that changes need to be made to unstoppable. thats pretty much the most important thing here for anyone not new to pvp.

anyone complaining about threatening rush (other than the cancel exploit many of them are currently using) has no leg to stand on, its a balanced ability. frontline surge is also an acceptable balanced ability.

unstoppable continues to be the difference between a super geared player of any other class, and it is completely broken as it is currently in game, as OP said, when its used in synergy with people who are well geared. the total immunities provided by it combined with the HP replenishment of it and the fact they can pop it constantly after taking very small amounts of damage compared to their overall health is the problem.

all due respect gannicus, im glad that after a few hours of 1v1ing a CW managed to kill you twice after they had to change all their abilities just for fighting you specifically (and i am positive the fight still took forever and a day) but be realistic please, you know this is not balance. and im willing to bet those CWs would be next to useless against another class with the abilities they had to load up just to use on you.

and forget 1v1 a moment. an overgeared HR who goes into pvp against 3 or 4 lesser geared players is going to die. they will eventually catch him, control him, pin him and kill him even if he is BIS in every respect. Ditto a CW, and yes, even a rogue only requires finding them in stealth to kill them when ITC is on cooldown and against many opponents, some of whom even have artifacts made just to find rogues, will kill him. a good GF will also die 4v1, they move too slow and again, cant stop all the CC.

GWF? because of those total immunities i mentioned earlier, high HP regen and damage resistance that goes well past anything arp can penetrate, you know a geared GWF can kill 4 people at once if they are normally geared (10-11k). no class in this game should be able to be put in a place of being able to kill 4 other decently geared lv60's by themselves (yes, im ignoring the current HR root bug that will be fixed shortly, as devs have said. we cant use HRs currently bugged ability as a means to say they can neutralize gwf).

im not mentioning that these gwfs have absolutely no trade off, they can still have extremely high DPS to go with all this defensive capability but im OK with gwf doing high damage, as mentioned previously the damage can be avoided and gwf have no ranged attacks so thats fair they should be able to hurt you badly when they catch you. unstoppable is the only thing currently unbalanced.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When i mentioned the changes to those 2 abilities what i wanted to point out was mainly that

1) threat rush should not be spammable at a super-fast speed

2) unstoppable should be effective in the same amount for all GWFs. Right now, it's way more effective on a 40k+ hp sentinel with regeneration than on a destroyer, for example. The way to achieve that is, quite simply, to go from a X amount of HP lost to build determination, to a X% of your total HP.

This said, what this thread is all about, is giving tips to the other classes about what are the weaknesses of GWFs, and how to fight them effectively.
    Also: there's not a setup to be strong against every class in PvP. Example:

A GWF had, in module 1, to slot roar in order to beat a strong CW or TR. But, using roar against another GWF/ sentinel, ended up, if you ask me, in a loss of DPS just to gain a ranged stun that, against a GWF or GF, is not really needed. You may have better results slotting raw damage powers against fighters.

You have to adapt during the match. If you're facing a very strong CW or HR or TR you most likely have to slot abilities that allow you to catch up with them. If you're facing a strong sentinel camping your first point, you've to slot different powers. This is talking about GWFs, but can apply to any other class.

The CWs facing gannicus were obviously testing a setup to deal with a GWF sentinel tank. The same setup will be weaker against a TR, for example. Against a HR they have to, may be, use a different setup. And so on.

There's not a single setup that allow you to be effective against any class, any build, any playstyle, any level of skill. You've do adapt.

I just tried to give tips so that any player who is struggling trying to beat GWFs, can understand what they're doing wrong and what they can do to improve.

I used to suck against perma stealth TRs, no matter the gear or skill. I couldn't figure out how to face a invisible enemy DPSing me from far. I fought and got beaten up countless times, read guides and watched videos, changed my build. Now i have no problems in fighting them. And the reason is not cause my GWF is godly. It's cause now i can predict what they will do, where they will be, and anticipate their moves.

This guide is not very detailed, but could save people some time. Considering i'm a GWF, it's not quite smart for me to come here and tell everyone what are the weak points of my class. But you know, i prefer a challeging PvP experience to a one sided slaughter where my opponent just don't know how to counter me.

Just this.
  • Options
    inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is only one way to beat a GWF, and that is burst.

Burst them down in the small windows inbetween popping unstoppable. That's pretty much it. You can probably try and burst them to around half before they get one off, run around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to not get touched by the cootie sword until it wears off and attempt to burst the rest of their HP before they build another charge.

That's pretty much the only thing to do. If you can't burst you're probably not going to win.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Any tip how to kill sentinel with good cleric in party? Except shocking execution.
  • Options
    gildren0gildren0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    GWF need to have the GF rush abilities removed, plain and simple, but I doubt that will be done.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Is he melee or ranged?

I have had a 1 vs 1 against a melee ranger and he was dealing very high amount of damage, but survivability wasn't so great compared to a TR's.
    he's meele. but has nice hp and deflect, and it seems to do a lot of difference. he is still squish if you get him in a full crit rotation, however, he mitigates a lot of dmg with his build, allowing him to survive enough time to kill most gwf.
    I went 1 x 1 him twice. the first time he killed me somewhat fast. I had no idea to what to do. then we did a rematch, and I could beat him after a long fight. in my point of view it was a very balanced and exciting fight, with both sides close to die multiple times. and since he was able to beat other ranks9/10 perfect gwf, with builds even tankiers than mine, so i think hr has really great potential to kill gwfs. but of course, his ranger is well geared.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    deads6667 wrote: »
    whats important to note in this thread is that even the OP's post who is trying to show how GWF are indeed human after all, mentioned at the end of his post that changes need to be made to unstoppable. thats pretty much the most important thing here for anyone not new to pvp.

anyone complaining about threatening rush (other than the cancel exploit many of them are currently using) has no leg to stand on, its a balanced ability. frontline surge is also an acceptable balanced ability.

unstoppable continues to be the difference between a super geared player of any other class, and it is completely broken as it is currently in game, as OP said, when its used in synergy with people who are well geared. the total immunities provided by it combined with the HP replenishment of it and the fact they can pop it constantly after taking very small amounts of damage compared to their overall health is the problem.

all due respect gannicus, im glad that after a few hours of 1v1ing a CW managed to kill you twice after they had to change all their abilities just for fighting you specifically (and i am positive the fight still took forever and a day) but be realistic please, you know this is not balance. and im willing to bet those CWs would be next to useless against another class with the abilities they had to load up just to use on you.

and forget 1v1 a moment. an overgeared HR who goes into pvp against 3 or 4 lesser geared players is going to die. they will eventually catch him, control him, pin him and kill him even if he is BIS in every respect. Ditto a CW, and yes, even a rogue only requires finding them in stealth to kill them when ITC is on cooldown and against many opponents, some of whom even have artifacts made just to find rogues, will kill him. a good GF will also die 4v1, they move too slow and again, cant stop all the CC.

GWF? because of those total immunities i mentioned earlier, high HP regen and damage resistance that goes well past anything arp can penetrate, you know a geared GWF can kill 4 people at once if they are normally geared (10-11k). no class in this game should be able to be put in a place of being able to kill 4 other decently geared lv60's by themselves (yes, im ignoring the current HR root bug that will be fixed shortly, as devs have said. we cant use HRs currently bugged ability as a means to say they can neutralize gwf).

im not mentioning that these gwfs have absolutely no trade off, they can still have extremely high DPS to go with all this defensive capability but im OK with gwf doing high damage, as mentioned previously the damage can be avoided and gwf have no ranged attacks so thats fair they should be able to hurt you badly when they catch you. unstoppable is the only thing currently unbalanced.
    the class is fine. the dps and survivality of the class is fine.
    if you nerf gwf just a little it back to be useless. not to mention on end game premades, gwf is replaceble by at least 3 classes. I as captain of any premade, i would rather have a tanky gf replacing a GWF with all his "opness" any day.

some cws with pure pvp build can have chance"persephone i will record it when i get the chance, i haven't being able to play because of Christmas, family etc"
    some tr can fight gwf for over an hour without nobody dies. same for tanky GFs, and now we see meele rangers has high potential to destroy GWF.

GWF is a fragile class to what concerns capturing or controlling nodes from himself, from gf, and from dc. if you nerf him and make him more "killeable" or impossible to kill anyone, might as well remove him from the game.

so much talk of gwf opness, but i only see gwf well geared being that "op", and against pugs, nothing different from end game trs, or other classes in pugs as well, and i still see GWF fighting on balanced level against geared people. I play pugs all time, and i smash teams with 2 or 3 gwf sometimes. so is it really gwf op?

the only thing i agree that has to be changed is the way of threatning rush. I do not think the range is fine. gwf should be working to close the gap, and not have a class doing the whole job of it.
    but again, threatning rush is fine as it is for the synergy purposes. all they need to do is reduce a little bit the range of it.

but then again, i don't want even see how gwf will become so fragile fighting those few cws that has the key to fight gwf and meele rangers if they nerf it. So personally, the way it is now is fine. and people complain of geared gwf, not overall gwf. you can't punish the class based on fighting high geared and experienced GWF.
    try play a low geared gwf, ranks6, ranks 7, normal enchantments one and tell me if you can do all these "miracles" as people say here.

Unstoppable is fine the way it is. if it is not good on destroyer, it is not because of the hp, it is because destroyer feats sucks. that is all. they should not rework unstoppable to nerf gwf sentinel, just so it works good on destroyer. this doesn't exist. a destroyer will suck with or without unstoppable working on hp%. it is just matter of the feats of destroyer sucks.
    the last feat is a joke, it builds less determination than the steadfast determination feat, which is another joke too.

regarding how a gwf can kill 4 people. yes I can do that on pugs. but it is not only gwf that can do it. watch blacksheep tr video against a premade doing the same thing. gwf can do it better because it is a mobile tank class, so he can survive longer. it doesn't mean it is overpower. a tr still kills faster than a gwf on pvp, a cw still kill faster than gwf on pvp/pve. i can kill 4 bad pugs, but sometiems i cant even fight 1 people well on a equalgear fight, and 2 people melt me down. especially if it is a cw with no matter the 2nd class. the game is balanced people. don't make the devs destroy the class again just so you be comfortable to spec for pve and kill everybody on pvp too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Is Threatening Rush the seemingly spammable short range dash charge/knockdown juggle? I think the most annoying thing about this skill to me was that it breaks through my clerics chain root :(

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Is Threatening Rush the seemingly spammable short range dash charge/knockdown juggle? I think the most annoying thing about this skill to me was that it breaks through my clerics chain root :(
    that is the only thing regarding balance i agree. I think rush should have reduced range to keep the "gap closing" by merits and skills of the gwf player alone. changing or "fixing" it should solve a lot of the "opness" people complain.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    that is the only thing regarding balance i agree. I think rush should have reduced range to keep the "gap closing" by merits and skills of the gwf player alone. changing or "fixing" it should solve a lot of the "opness" people complain.

Although i do agree that threatening rush is unfair as a gap closer now, i think people would still find other things about GWF to complain about.

That's mainly because some PvE spec'ed players want to perform as good as PvP spec'ed ones. They didn't run any tests so they don't know the difference, so they go ahead and blame it on the class and their enchantment levels.
  • Options
    niszczycielxxniszczycielxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the class is fine. the dps and survivality of the class is fine.
    if you nerf gwf just a little it back to be useless. not to mention on end game premades, gwf is replaceble by at least 3 classes. I as captain of any premade, i would rather have a tanky gf replacing a GWF with all his "opness" any day.

some cws with pure pvp build can have chance"persephone i will record it when i get the chance, i haven't being able to play because of Christmas, family etc"
    some tr can fight gwf for over an hour without nobody dies. same for tanky GFs, and now we see meele rangers has high potential to destroy GWF.

GWF is a fragile class to what concerns capturing or controlling nodes from himself, from gf, and from dc. if you nerf him and make him more "killeable" or impossible to kill anyone, might as well remove him from the game.

so much talk of gwf opness, but i only see gwf well geared being that "op", and against pugs, nothing different from end game trs, or other classes in pugs as well, and i still see GWF fighting on balanced level against geared people. I play pugs all time, and i smash teams with 2 or 3 gwf sometimes. so is it really gwf op?

the only thing i agree that has to be changed is the way of threatning rush. I do not think the range is fine. gwf should be working to close the gap, and not have a class doing the whole job of it.
    but again, threatning rush is fine as it is for the synergy purposes. all they need to do is reduce a little bit the range of it.

but then again, i don't want even see how gwf will become so fragile fighting those few cws that has the key to fight gwf and meele rangers if they nerf it. So personally, the way it is now is fine. and people complain of geared gwf, not overall gwf. you can't punish the class based on fighting high geared and experienced GWF.
    try play a low geared gwf, ranks6, ranks 7, normal enchantments one and tell me if you can do all these "miracles" as people say here.

Unstoppable is fine the way it is. if it is not good on destroyer, it is not because of the hp, it is because destroyer feats sucks. that is all. they should not rework unstoppable to nerf gwf sentinel, just so it works good on destroyer. this doesn't exist. a destroyer will suck with or without unstoppable working on hp%. it is just matter of the feats of destroyer sucks.
    the last feat is a joke, it builds less determination than the steadfast determination feat, which is another joke too.

regarding how a gwf can kill 4 people. yes I can do that on pugs. but it is not only gwf that can do it. watch blacksheep tr video against a premade doing the same thing. gwf can do it better because it is a mobile tank class, so he can survive longer. it doesn't mean it is overpower. a tr still kills faster than a gwf on pvp, a cw still kill faster than gwf on pvp/pve. i can kill 4 bad pugs, but sometiems i cant even fight 1 people well on a equalgear fight, and 2 people melt me down. especially if it is a cw with no matter the 2nd class. the game is balanced people. don't make the devs destroy the class again just so you be comfortable to spec for pve and kill everybody on pvp too.

Rank 6-7 normal ench gwf here I can win against any class with much better gear.It is much easier with IV to kill .Burn ppl out of their escape abilities save unst. for their cc and u r a winner.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I dont see why people keep talking about 1v1. Its apples and oranges unless your discussing the difference between two builds of the same class doing 1v1. I do not like that threatening rush was added to the encounter list with the new paragon path because it added to much mobility to a very mobile class. In my opinion that is the only thing making them in some small way OP for PvP. I still prefer the first paragon path. If I can offer a tip it would be to practice the buddy system in a PUG. Fallow a player that has a class that compliments yours. I like to follow the tr and play decoy/distraction. Its a team based PvP, play as a team and you will have success over any "OP" build.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I dont see why people keep talking about 1v1. Its apples and oranges unless your discussing the difference between two builds of the same class doing 1v1. I do not like that threatening rush was added to the encounter list with the new paragon path because it added to much mobility to a very mobile class. In my opinion that is the only thing making them in some small way OP for PvP. I still prefer the first paragon path. If I can offer a tip it would be to practice the buddy system in a PUG. Fallow a player that has a class that compliments yours. I like to follow the tr and play decoy/distraction. Its a team based PvP, play as a team and you will have success over any "OP" build.

The problem comes in when you realize you need to dedicate 2-3 people out of a 5 man team to very carefully coordinate burst and CC to be able to down a GWF without him wreaking havoc on any of you. During this magical time this GWF apparently does not have teammates of his own?

I can't really think of another class that need to be so focused down than a GWF right now. Are they stupidly OP? No, but they are strong enough at the moment that they require too much attention to deal with. Damage output needs to drop if they're going to be that tanky and immune to CC every 8-10 seconds on top of solid mobility and sticking power.

My cleric dreads GWF's. I just try and kite(not for very long between sprinting and threatening rush/takedowns) but I can't really do much to them. Used to be able to chain them up and drop damage, now I can't even do that since TR seems to break chains. *sigh*

The only character I have that can deal with GWF's decently is my CW because I can teleport far more often than my DC can dodge, plus push works way better than a root or entangle on them. Eventually though the GWF will just ignore me and go face smash someone else who got too close heh.

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Give to the Threatening Rush stacks like the Cloud of Steel has but limit them to 3-5 lol.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any tip how to kill sentinel with good cleric in party? Except shocking execution.

Kill cleric first :-).
    Most sent will follow up to make a kill, just lure him away from cleric as the think they are immortal (non are if faced with good solid players) they will will follow around a corner where you can kill. Lots of work so easer to focus dc first.

I know we can dominate pugs but as said above if peeps know what they are doing 2 peeps take out a gwf with np whatsoever.