test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant Gaming: The Finest in Pantless Drunken Exploit-Free Gaming

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
Death saves versus us.

Dungeon Masters ask us how much more experience they need before they can level. That Beholder still sleeps with one eye open. We’re epic at level one. Our encounter level is fabulous!

The Deck of Many Things looked at us…and felt inadequate.

We are Unrepentant Gaming, a group of like-minded adults who enjoy a nice after-work beverage and a before-bed dungeon crawl. We’re laid back and open to all who consider the best edition of D&D the edition they’re playing with their friends right now. So if you’re tired of being berated in zone chat for roleplaying your lithe wood elf maiden wrong, or fed up with a PUG whose cod piece is three notches too tight, then look no further.

Unrepentant is a socially-driven, casual guild spanning multiple MMOs and games, with a focus on freedom. Freedom to play games the way you want to play, when you want to play them. You won’t find any play time quotas, extensive guild taxes, mandatory events, or drama-laden infighting here. However, we recognize this freedom comes with a responsibility: We are free so long as that freedom does not deny our fellow members the right to enjoy the game.

Central to Unrepentant is our sense of community. We believe the games you play aren’t as important as the people you play them with, and to that end we strive only to admit the kind of members you’d want to hang out and have a drink with. Our slogan is "once a member - always a member", and all Unrepentant are welcome in any game we play regardless of what branch you started in.

Freedom, friendship and fun times - this is what matters to The U. You don’t have to be a good player to be Unrepentant; but you do have to be a good person to join our ranks. We don't cheat, we don't exploit, we don't abuse mechanics. We're here to play the game and build friendships. We'll do dungeons, skirmishes and challenge content as it's added, not afraid to tackle the challenges set out in front of us.

If you're looking for that type of community, relax, crack a beer and get comfortable.
It’s dangerous to go alone. Take this: www.unrepentantgaming.com

25hMSJk.png
www.unrepentantgaming.com
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's why I love being a member of the U.

Snippets from a conversation a month or so ago during a PUG in Malabog's Castle
    attachment.php?attachmentid=8946&d=1384181046

attachment.php?attachmentid=8947&d=1384181052

And here's us in a full guild group with a dead dragon, done with no glitches or no exploits.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=8932&d=1383439619

If this is the kind of group you're looking for, check us out: www.unrepetantgaming.com
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Something also to note, we have players spread across all the different times zones, and in particularly we have a heavy European and North American presence. Typically we're pretty busy from early afternoon NA times to late evenings/early mornings EU, so there's usually always someone on to play with.

That being the case, we had our first All-Uey, All-American players kill on Fulminorax last night, with a party composition of a CW, TR, GF, DC and GWF.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited November 2013
    Also wanted to let people know we use a custom chat channel for our guild chat.

If you have questions about the U or want to chat us up, /channel_join Uey.

With the new Call to Arms coming up this afternoon, hit us up if you're looking for friends to run the event with.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • kayjakayja Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you're looking for a guild who is more about the people than the game, this is the guild to get in to. People are active, friendly, and very helpful. Everyone is funny, quirky inside jokes are always being made. They make you feel like you're part of the family and not just some stranger :D

IGN- Daenera / Moro
    edited December 2013
    We took our first jump into Valindra's Tower last night. Cleared up to Valindra pretty easily.

We got a few attempts at her before the server went down. I think we finally nailed down a solid strategy, but the server blew up as we had her down to 42%. Next time, Valindra. Next time.

And I know (as with all new content) the word on the street is there's some way to exploit this fight, but we're going to learn how to do it right. If you're more interested in challenging content with legit players than trying to cheese and exploit fights, you've come to the right place.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • krod11krod11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey im new to neverwinter and just found out about you guys. Any chance and can join you guys ? :)
    edited December 2013
    Of course. Just check out the website first, make sure it's something that interests you. Again, we're not necessarily looking for good players, but good people.

You can also chat us up in game by /channel_join Uey. That's our official guild chat, and everyone hangs out there.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I feel like I've heard of you guys before. Are you the ones who ran around naked on GW2 and jumped off cliffs drunkenly? :P
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
    edited December 2013
    Our lawyers have recommended that we not comment about Drunken Cliffjumpinggate at this time. I can neither confirm nor deny that we were drunk, naked and falling to our deaths in a twisted fit of hilarity.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My friend has confirmed you are not the same group of people she would [redacted] jump off cliffs with, though I find it amusing there are multiple groups who brand themselves as you all do.

I'm not capped yet, but I'm interested in fun-loving people that run endgame stuff somewhat reliably. I enjoy the relaxed environment. I'll probably throw out an app after finals are done.
    edited December 2013
    Just as a reminder, we're really a "people first" community. And we take that part pretty seriously. If you're thinking about putting in an application or joining us in game, make sure you look around the website a bit to see if you think the community is going to be a good fit. This thing is a little bit bigger than just Neverwinter.

Cheers!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited December 2013
    Put my app in yesterday and joined the chat channel. It was fairly dead at the time, sadly, but hopefully interacting with you guys some will give a better idea.
    edited December 2013
    Depends on the time of day. We've been averaging about 15-20 people on during primetime EST hours, and we typically have about 5-10 on during European primetime. With all the new content coming out, and us actively working to get people geared at 60, chances are if the response in /Uey is slow it's because we're bashing faces in a dungeon run.

But any member of Unrepentant can invite, so when you do talk in /Uey make sure to say you're an applicant looking for a recruit invite. It should happen pretty quickly. Also, we've had reports that the "Join Guild" pop up is disappearing on people if they click on anything other than the Join button, so when you do ask for an invite, make sure you're someplace safe and not knee deep in Orcs trying to do Orc things to you.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • stompstomp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am looking for a guild for people to chat with, and on occasion run dungeons with. I am primarily a solo player honestly. I am going to look at your website but I have heard of you guys in other games. One primary question though....do you all force voice chat? I hate when chat channels are dead because everyone is in skype/vent. I am not a voice chat kind of guy, at all.
    Got a story based Foundry mission you want me to try? Go here! - "Honest Feedback for a Good Story!"

Character Name: Argothial@Stomphoof
    edited December 2013
    We use Mumble. Most of our active players tend to be on Mumble, but we still have an active chat. We use a custom chat channel since it cuts across all the Cryptic games, as well as members who may have alts that aren't officially in the guild.

However, what is it about voice chat that you dislike? Most of our chat is just people cracking jokes, chatting and having a good time, and probably resembles more of what you'd hear out at a bar with a few friends, then playing a video game.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • stompstomp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    We use Mumble. Most of our active players tend to be on Mumble, but we still have an active chat. We use a custom chat channel since it cuts across all the Cryptic games, as well as members who may have alts that aren't officially in the guild.

However, what is it about voice chat that you dislike? Most of our chat is just people cracking jokes, chatting and having a good time, and probably resembles more of what you'd hear out at a bar with a few friends, then playing a video game.

I work in a call center all day. I want nothing to do with voice chatting and headsets when I get home. At all.
    Got a story based Foundry mission you want me to try? Go here! - "Honest Feedback for a Good Story!"

Character Name: Argothial@Stomphoof
    edited December 2013
    I can totally get that...but it's fun to shoot the **** with people while you play games with us. Plus, you'll miss out on all the hilarious dating advice myself and some of the older, more disgruntled husbands love to freely hand out, especially for the ladies.

We're really good at it, too.

No, we're not.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Realistically, you should never take dating advice from any of us.

But drinking advice, that we can help with.
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
    edited December 2013
    Realistically, you should never take dating advice from any of us.

But drinking advice, that we can help with.

What about drinking advice while on a date?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited December 2013
    We had our first all Uey kill on Valindra this morning. Perfect execution, no exploits. If this is something you're into, check us out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9051&d=1387731578
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • whotronwhotron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited December 2013
    u gaiz r funny.
    Respect to this guild.
    And i'm not even in it.
    edited December 2013
    Oh, and for the record, that's not Valindra's ashes. That's 600 kilos of cocaine.

Yeah, when we celebrate a boss kill, we don't mess around.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nixxionixxio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously considering you guys. Not that my current guild is a bunch of uptight overcompensating troggs. But they aren't very productive, maybe I'll fill out an app!
    edited December 2013
    Please feel free. But take your time on the application. We're more interested in the person behind the app, not a gaming resume.

If you'd like, you can /channel_join Uey and get invited to the guild to check us out. We only ask that you put in an application within a week of join as a recruit.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cirruslvrcirruslvr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll be putting an application in shortly. :)
    edited December 2013
    That's great. If you haven't already, join /Uey and ask for a guild invite. We definitely want to test drive to make sure we're a good fit for each other. Remember, we're a community, not just a Neverwinter guild :)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited January 2014
    This Saturday, the 4th, we're going to be running a guild event: Sacrifice a Dungeon Virgin Day.

We're going to focusing on getting our new members or fresh 60's comfortable running all levels of dungeons. If you've been frustrated with having to PUG, or getting in a group only to find out they're looking to exploit every bug in the dungeon to finish it, this weekend might be a good time to jump in /Uey and check us out!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was said in the intro, but it does need to be repeated - this isn't as much a guild in the traditional sense as it really is a 'gaming community'. If you have a tendency to game-hop like me, you can bounce around and still know you're running with good people.

As for strictly NW-related info - if running VT isn't your thing, that's fine, too. A lot of today was spent running T1 and T2 dungeons to help other guildies gear up. You don't have to be end-game focused to apply - feel free to play as you like. You really just need to follow Wheaton's Law (Don't be a d**k). The emphasis is on *fun* - which is kinda the point of playing these games, isn't it?
    edited January 2014
    We're 95% PvE. We do a lot of T2 runs, especially during Dungeon Delves and right now we're very active trying to get everyone comfortable and geared. Last DD I did, myself and another really well geared guildie helped get three guildmates who needed gear through 2 runs of Temple of the Spider and 1 Frozen Heart. We one-shot all the bonus, obvious without any exploits.

We can almost always finish every PvE content run we do, and we always run legitimately with no cheating, exploits or bugs.

We have a strong European and American presence in the guild, and during the Euro/Merican prime time hours, we'll have 15-25 people online.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lskynyrd71lskynyrd71 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey all, I like the sound of your guild and the fact that many of you got together to partay, which after all is 1 reason for living.

I do wonder what time periods you are active? I am an East Coaster former Marine that has never been able to buck the up at 5AM gift they and growing up on a farm so generously gifted to me. So I am not a "late nighter" cept when I get my funk on with a 5hour energy and a bottle of Beam (once a week) I am too **** old to do it more often.

My main is a 60 DC , GS is @9300 I think. Just been playing a few weeks.

I like cutting up and not having to watch my mouth due to children being on. I don't like having to worry about "offending people" nor do I get offended. So let me know if you think I may fit in. If not, no worries , I still wish ye all the best. Looks like a fun group.

I'll check back here, Uulgra in my DC